Okay, there were enough threads about

Okay, there were enough threads about
>meh shitty flat design
>meh poo-in-loo
>meh Gnome
>meh bluuur
>meh fisher-price design
And not it is time to create Sup Forums's UI.
Also I found this: blog.codinghorror.com/this-is-what-happens-when-you-let-developers-create-ui/ and I can't stop laughing. It is fucking GUI for wget. And for me wget-gui does everything it should, if features all wget features, and brings them to user-friendly GUI.

>i need buttons that type commands for me
t. retard

I'll make the logo.

The UI should be appropriate for the audience. wget is a technical tool for technical users. An Apple style UI would be inappropriate. The UI shown is ugly but very functional. It is appropriate for the task. Designers love to talk about user empathy but they obviously have no empathy for the needs of technical users.

sometimes you can't memorise all fucking --very-importaint-option
No. We need UI first, then logo.

> sometimes you can't memorise all fucking --very-importaint-option
Good point, i keep having to re-read man pages to remember that one switch for that commandline app i use once in an eternity
And i keep forgetting what's the ffmpeg flag for raw x264 arguments~

UI should work. When designers do it - it doesn't work.

windows media player also werkz, but it still has such a horrible ui nobody uses it.

No it doesn't because it doesn't have any useful codecs.

That's because you're a brainlet idiot.
Fag@dildobox:~$ wget --help

I do it, but still, GUI is way simpler, it doesn't require looking into help or man.

Well, I personally just think GUIs suck, and make me lazy.

yeah, having to stop, open a manual instead, find and read thepart you need, and then go back is so much better than having the essentials neatly laid out at a glance

fucking 80s dinosaurs like you just memorize a few libs/bins out of the whole world and then pretend to be experts at everything, instead of being adaptable to new situations and having flexible knowledge

>UI
We only do logo boiii

I did a logo already, I need everything else.
You can draw dicks not only on logo...

>I want all options in clicky-buttons like a child!
>I adapt to new situations, and have flexable knowledge!
>doesn't adapt to the terminal
>doesn't consider learning command args as knowledge
Lol I'm 25. I just have have good memory; sorry your iq is the same as your blood temperature. Using the help option doesn't open a manual, silly faggot; man wget would do that. You could also do this:
madfag@handheldGUI:~$ wget --help | grep -i option\ i\ want

This, the UI is pretty good.

fuck off

You think that's bad? Look at this atrocity

I don't even think such task as bulk rename can be handled with simpler GUI.
Just learn sh at this point.

Lolol, dummy soy boy.

>regex
Roflcoptor.ascii

hella epic reaction gif my dude

This is good UI. I hate UIs with one button, that limit the functionality.

>HLE emulation is gr

That picture looks literally like every single piece of industrial software I've ever come across.
And it would easily qualify as the more easy to use one.

If you take a closer look the way buttons and toggles are laid out it very much resembles the control panels of equipment like professional audio equipment and scientific equipment like oscilloscopes.

>bad
these UI's are the best UI's ever. they're like functional man pages ffs. you're a barinlet if you think otherwise

>barinlet
>UI's

>barinlet
it's the worst kind of brainlet lol xDD

>UI's
muh cli

>UI's
>muh cli

I was mocking the fact that you've made it this far in life without learning how to use an apostrophe, especially while calling other people brainlets (and fucking that up, too).

>mild transpositional typos and non-possessive apostrophes trigger me
god bless you

wGetGUI looks great.

nope, stupid subhuman wintard

It really is. All wget console goodies are available without smoking mans.

nope, stupid subhuman wintard

That's bretty good

Mah niggs

I see "modern" ui and nearly puke.

I don't mind UIs like this

This shit reminds me of a 1960s spacecraft, stupid amounts of buttons and selectors that look complicated but the closer you look it couldn't be simpler for each function has it's own control and whatever you need is never hidden

That shit reminds me of last time I flushed. It also stunk a lot less.

ikr you can master a software tool in minutes just by inspecting the GUI for a bit.

pic related used to get me hard as fuck back in the day.

i blame entropy :(

>master a software tool
You could also master riding a bicycle with training wheels, doesn't make you any less of a faggot.

>training wheels
exposing functionality =/= training wheels

>hand holding != training wheels
G-Good one. I'll just drop down to runlevel 3 lose all of this functionality.

if you're not careful I'm gonna post this thread on r/gatekeeping mister!

Lol, look up gatekeeping. I'm not excluding you from anything; I'm trolling you because you're a GUI-using wincucktard. Post whatever you like. Reeee as hard as you like.

>I'm trolling you
>wincucktard
>Reeee
sure is summer in here

(this an 18+ website kiddo)

Jesus that's bloated.

Here's a simple interface for the same task that actually works

Wow, relying GUIs when you're 20+. I honestly thought you were 15 or 16, I'll leave you alone; you're sad enough as it is. A couple more things though: it's February, and this isn't Sup Forums. Maybe reddit will treat you better.

Spotted the KDE user
It's easier to read a man page and type your command than navigate a "gui" like that

Yeah but when others design the interface it takes up +400MB. See Discord.

WinBox and WebFig are pretty gorgeous, in terms of actually useful UIs

thats why you have a shell with autocomplete

God I remember using tools like this when I was a brainlet.

Now i just use ranger + bulkrename, or a script if anything more complex is needed

Looks like the tools to write GCodes

i love design like that

What is this?

psh

That's decently well structured.

It has less features.

nothing wrong with that, stop getting butthurt over information density

Thanks fuck they got their shit together. A bit a least.

Someone said it's like industry software, but actually no, it's like industry control panel. It has controls for 100% of the motors and actuators at a time, you don't need to dick around with windows and tabs to get things done. Pic related. My machine actually had this gay Apple interface and that shit is the worst. Doing otherwise simple tasks requires navigating complicated menus arrangements with tabs within tabs, but only like 5 buttons on each. You should more time clicking the fucking menu navigation buttons than doing any work.

>should
Would.

>Simatic

You gotta do what you gotta do. Also it's a normal front end touch computer as far as industry hardware goes. Many machines have much simpler interfaces, 5" b/w screens and shit.

>Also it's a normal computer
That's also slightly worrying.
>Many machines have much simpler interfaces, 5" b/w screens and shit.
That likely means they are better.

KDE settings is pretty bad, but not this bad

pretentious cuck trying to compensate detected
Just fuck off and admit that command lines are good for some things and GUIs for others and neither is inherently superior

All electronics is Siemens there, sans ABB robot controllers. Not gonna lie, every single piece of software here is dogshit. I had to personally patch the robot on my own accord because stock program would fuck up the workpiece if it had large dimensions. PLC programs also suck, I don't touch them but i had a glimpse and it's Eldritch spaghetti. The fact that it works as it does is already a miracle. Not that it had anything to do with the hardware.

clicking a simple button is much faster than typing long complex commands that you dont even remember in the terminal.

pleb filter

Seems convenient to me. WAY better than navigating a fuckton of submenus.

After a small manual it will be comfy.
And yeah, manual is comfy too.

>Media player

Yes, you're right the command line is great for small utilities like wget, ssh, and scp. GUIs are for things that require a visual representation like a DE, playing videos and video games, and general browsering of the internet. The reason you love using GUIs for everythings is because you've been cucked by windows for so long, it has rewired your neurons to be afraid of a terminal. Do you know how to use diskpart? Netsh? Powershell? You don't know how to use computers, and it's okay to be an idiot.

This has to be the most autistic thread on Sup Forums right now.