it will forever be japans capital

I loved Tetsuo: The Iron Man if that's anything to go by

文字化け

>more people live in the greater tokyo area than in all of canada
>do you love tokyo
no

That scares the fuck out of me

No

Yes, I would love to visit one day as well.

As a Paulista, definitely.

Sure but so expensive, i think monthly rent price is same tier with london or paris

Seems so disorganized yet it isn't?

not really. but I'm not going to go somewhere else.

Fuck megacities

Why?

Tokyo a shit
Kyoto is real capital

Absolutely disgusting.

Yep supposedly the Japs are very good at making it work

How can I know
Never been there

I just don't get it - like if you look at a map or hell even a skyline of most American/European cities it's easy to make shit out.

With Tokyo it's mind numbing.

It would probably be fun for a vacation but horrible to live in unless you're rich

sounds like New York desu

What happened to the trees?

Humongous, impersonal and depressing

It would probably be a nice place to visit, but no city with millions of people in it is a nice place to live in unless you are very rich.

I would like to visit it.
I would like to visit many cities, especially ones in my own country.
I'm not a city dweller and have spent 90+% of my life in suburbs and semi-rural areas.

Probably goes for all the mega-cities

Well you do feel alone even if you live with 22 million other people
Feels kinda bad sometimes if im honest with you
If you encounter a girl most likely you will never see her again whit in the huge crowds

Many people lives in Saitama, Kanagawa and other prefecture and goes to Tokyo for work/school

I found Tokyo to be dense, overcrowded, and with an impenetrable, inaccessible culture.

What is that green area in the top right like? Is it an organised and maintained park? or is it just like a wilderness reserve? Do they have events there? Are there wild animals?

I heard tokyo people all lives in apartments, don't have detached house
Is it true?

Depends
Rich people have mansion with big garden
Students who moved to Tokyo for university lives apartment
Ordinary family lives in normal houses(not big, not small)

It is MUCH cheaper than New York. Especially rent.

Interesting coming from a Korean, where everyone actually does live in an apartment. In Japan families tend to live in houses. In Korea even families live in Commieblock apartments that look like this lol.

my parent's detached house (about 140m^2) is in one of 23 special wards. it's got garage and small garden.

More Korean commieblocks

This is Tokyo thread tho

Kyoto>Tokyo

Tokyo can fuck off

Lol I'm not netoyuo actually. I just thought it was funny when Korean guy says "I heard Japanese don't live a house!!" When Korean people never live in a house.

Ewww. I thank god we have suburbs

You have pretty good taste

This just prompted me to look up netoyuo. Is it the Japanese equivalent of young anti-globalists and people who defend Western Civilization on the internet? Sounds like something I can respect.

It's a typical stereotype about Japan, so I don't blame him for asking about it.

>you will always be a flatlander

strange feel desu

If I lived in a rural prairie setting, I'd Genghis Khan that shit up so hard

Nah, Netouyos are just South Korea haters in disguise of alt-right like argument

>get lost in tokyo
>a maze of alleyways and streets
>cant tell which way you are going because the tall buildings block your view
>crowded as fuck and you stick out like a sore thumb.

My biggest fear. Thats why i can never visit.

Ill stick with my farmland thanks

Here is a scene of typical Japanese neighborbood. Even in Tokyo it looks like this. There are houses and some small apartments.

comfy

is bike a good way of getting around or do you mostly rely on public transportation?

fucking pussy, god damn

where do you park your cars ?

Is it okay if I stand on the end watching people enter and leave their houses for the entire evening until it gets dark, and then I will continue to stand out there watching their windows?

No. too populated Leafs cannot survive in tight spaces.

just like living in an apartment near parking

towns like that usually have a common use parking lot nearby

almost all recent house got their own garage inside tho

Fuck off fag. I'll enjoy my peaceful and quiet farm while you end up in some crowded loud shithole that smells like piss

Do you ride a bike?
Motorbike?

holy fuck no. this is not how humans are supposed to live.
where is the green?

ITT: everyone don't know west tokyo
Tokyo is not only east part……

>this tirggers the Euro

Every time.

What is west Tokyo like?

bed towns and ghost towns

no

west tokyo is kinda suburban tokyo

I think he means outside of 23 special wards of Tokyo, on Chuo Line. It is like the suburb of Tokyo city.

for the week end escape, where do you guys go ?

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=S131_OyHkIg

Better

ネトウヨは病気

imagine all that shit going of the sea

disgusting

Looks pretty nice desu

butifel
just like my simcity games

it's where affordable houses and greenery are plentifully available

That looks comfortable.
What is that device on your ceiling?

mosquito repellent

Yes please fucking do that and stay on your farm forever you inbred cousinfucking hick

Yes.
It's decentralized afaik which I like.

mosquito repellents are essential in summer in japan

oops, sorry, i mistook it for floor
the device on the ceiling is a smoke detector for fire alarm.

Oh, I see, the cord hanging from it confused me as I haven't seen any detectors with that before.

Ah, yeah.
I live in the South and the summer days are usually 35~ degrees Celsius with 95% humidity.
There are mosquitoes everywhere where I live.

Do you love Japan

Just another modern city. Nothing to love, but it's still pretty nice. Basically any other city in Japan is better though. I think this applies to most countries, the smaller, lesser-known cities are usually better in almost every way.

This is completely subjective. I know people who love the big city because of the sociability aspect, others who hate that and love how you can feel isolated in it, and I also know people who love tiny towns because it's so quiet, but other people who hate that and also how it feels claustrophobic because you know everyone and everyone knows you and you'll live with your family until you die. Some see the advantage of living in a big city as that you don't have to leave your home for months (maybe a quick run to the market at the end of the month), and others see the advantage of tiny towns as that everything is so close it doesn't matter you have to get out anyway. There is so much flexibility in both scenarios.

Please love Tokyo

What's wrong with being a flatlander? He is a good producer and pretty effay too

No it's too fucking crowded

No I like Edo.

I stayed there for two weeks. It was fun, sure, but honestly in the end I just wanted to get out of there. And I'm from Paris, so I know big, crowded, stressful cities, but Tokyo is just on another level of stressful. Osaka was just as stressful.

I much preferred the other cities I visited, especially Kyoto, Nara, Sapporo, and Hakodate, that I found really comfy.

Edo is the best city and best era

by the time they reach the outside of the city its monday again probably kek

London is much higher

Are you living in London?

Yes

>not Nara

Disgusting

I like Japan in general, but I hate big Cities (Helsinki is already too big for my taste), therefore I don't like Tokyo. If I moved/visited your (or any other) country I would go to some much smaller city or village.

Irrelevant as fuck

No

Just gross