/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of WHORES, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtu.be/aUMcx80g9bU

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1moRfIXCfak
ablogtowatch.com/mih-watch-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice user

guys I found an actual anime watch

sup /wt/

Please be joking

I've been here for awhile. I mostly lurk.

The Hungarian watchmaker user, isn't this literally the same watch, you have posted last thread ? :^)

You guys said I spent too much on the first one, but I got a good deal on this one and I wanted To have another one just to change it up so if you average everything together I only have $870 in both of them so that brings the average down to $440 Which I think is pretty good

435 I mean

Rate it boys.

The SRPB has a smoothly-rotating inner bezel.

Rate please

I think the PADI is a good investment

Investment implies return.

I can see mechanical PADI's over time possibly holding their value.

Not the same watch but probably the same model. They're kinda good.

Anyway I'm hitting the hay.

>$400 seiko
>investment

Probably not the place for it, but Nokia Steel HR with 30€ coupon and free strap for Valentine's. Cop or not? I think it's a decent looking watch, with a HRM which is dead handy for me. I'm thinking 36mm steel case, blue perlon, and black dial for 160€.

When turtles came out they were like 100bucks, now a used one that time is $800

Oh my fucking god, you actually bought the one I posted just to show you how much you overpaid for the first one

Jesus Christ

Yeah, thanks for the tip I am in a better position in them financially now

and I truly assumed you were joking when you said you'd buy it "to bring the average price down"

I have no face for this. I'm going to go kill myself now

Redpill me on Technos watches, /wt/. Should I get one? Pic related, the model I'm interested in.

Sup

Certainly not your testosterone levels

Do any of the old Soviet Vostoks have the “Zissou” design?

It's a baby

is this a new meme?

DW is trash friendo

>buy it
>sell it for 180
>you got a free strap plus 20 bucks
>buy an actual WATCH

That movie came out in 2004, was the new Amphibia line even in existence yet? It must be a USSR watch no?

Post watches that include a flashlight

I hope you paid $5 for that with free shipping. Looks like the dial was printed in an inkjet printer

Post ugly watches

My grail watch:

Citizen chronomaster.
Pros:
>solar powered
>high accuracy quartz
>they will service and regulate it for free in the 2nd and 8th year.
>dat off-white dial

Cons:
>Only available officially to the JDM. Can't go to a store to try it out except in Japan.
>The servicing and regulating is only available if you registered the warranty with a Japanese address.

Is it worth it to deal with the Chinese (vs Amazon) to save $80 ($252 vs $334) on a SARB? Not sure if I want to possibly wait weeks for damn thing and have to deal with shipping it back to bumfuck if something is wrong with it.

Quartz with a power reserve indicator ?

yes, it's solar

I don't understand why AM/PM indicators are not more common on mechanical watches.

It helps prevent you from unwittingly fucking it up.

Nearly happened to me today.

Just find where midnight is on the date switch, and go from there. Easy, then don't fuck with it and keep it charged.

agreed, would be nice to be more common

How would you even guarantee it's not some $10 chinese knockoff anyway?

It's a reputable seller. It's that cheap because of a coupon code, $302 is the normal price

>solar

I want an affordable pilot watch, thinking of making a Nighthawk my next purchase.

Thoughts?

I hate the 24 hour time on that with a passion.
If you like it do it mate.

Why don't you have an annual calendar chronograph with an am/pm indicator?

I don’t wear ugly watches.

Can't get over that myself to be honest. If anything is 'stealth wealth' though, it's that watch.

is it a good idea to save up my part time money and get a tudor heritage black bay 36mm? or just keep on saving for an actual rolex explorer?

Which one do you actually want

>that one watch you were seriously considering buying but then someone else bought it and now you realize you badly wanted it
what's her name?

Sinn 556 beams limited edition.

Which movement?

Modified 775X from what I've read.

I wish you nip loving faggots cared more about shit like this youtu.be/1moRfIXCfak than your soyko bullshit with muh grammer of historical mountain divers.

I kind of like the look of the tudor with the round dots and snowflake hour hand. The price is also something I can save up pretty soon. Yet, I will have the feeling of not having the real deal, maybe someone can help smack it out of my head.
I've also heard something about the tudor's movement not being as great as the explorer?

I just wish his watches weren't completely unobtanium, even moreso than a dufour.

Nowatch here, why does this watch look so... cheap? Almost like its made of dollar store plastic.
I like the look they're going for I suppose, maybe too thick though, not sure how big it is either.

It's bead blasted titanium.

ablogtowatch.com/mih-watch-review/

> 42mm
Dropped. Also it continues to look cheap in the review. I just don't think the finish works.

How about you post some of your own watches?

Can I put a 18mm leather band on a watch with a 19mm lug width? Will a 1mm gap look dumb?

Just got duped and bought a fake Timex boys

>Will a 1mm gap look dumb?
Yes.

probably better to squeeze a 20mm onto it

How

I don't even care Fossil owns this shit, I have to have one.

I'm looking to buy a nice cordovan strap that hopefully I can use on more than 1 watch.
You think it's better to squeeze one though? I guess it would depend on the leather but would it be safer to go 19mm? Or have you found no problem fitting a 20 on an 18

Alright I've realized Junghans isn't for me, where else do I look for minimalist watches?

20 on 18 sounds questionable. Get a 19mm strap.

*meets all your needs*

Be sure to post pics when you get it user :^)

(to be honest I unironically like it too)

Im not that guy but what the fuck does this have to do with anything?

is that 10 oclock crown for a rotating inner bezel?

I can't think of a scenario where I wouldnt know if it's am or pm. Please elaborate

I think that response is a meme i have seen it multiple times.

Not to my taste but i can see why one would like it. It is cool how the hands go under the indices like on that one longines.

Yes, to track a 3rd time zone.

It's to avoid not fucking up your day/date complication in case your watch runs out of power and you have to set the time.

I'm not him but if the guy he's replying to has been shitposting furiously about seiko in the exact same shitty Sup Forums meme style for the last few threads. If his taste is so great let's see it.

3rd?

> 34mm
holy shit

What is the consensus on the brand Glycine?

That second hour hand isn't on the 6030 unless I'm mistaken.

Is that hiding under the hour hand in or something?

Sorry, in the pic higher up it's for the 2nd Time zone.

But their other models have the second hour hand.

Invicta bought them and there was a fire sale on all their existing product. Expect nothing but shit from them in the near future.

Now owned by Invicta

take that what you will

I hope all you anons are staying strong in the war against the shitters. On two separate occasions this week I had a Max Bill and a Stowa in my cart about to check out. I had to fucking stop myself because I realized that these are just ETA shitters in whatever cases. Remember, save for your attainable goals.

if my goal watch is 3k am i allowed to drop 80 bucks on a fun watch

i guess starting off with watching archie is a good way to not consider other watches.

Imagine not realising he is satire and irony and that he himself doesn't even follow what he preaches on his channel.
Cringe 2bh.

6/10

at least thats how I got into watches. someone posted one of his video here a while ago and I quickly move onto other more informative channels. Never took him seriously and now, his channel has gone to shit