Best antivirus?

best antivirus?

I've been using bit defender for a while. it's pretty good imo. would like to hear thoughts from Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

clamav.net/
chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's lit

emsisoft

Use software that's free as in freedom.
clamav.net/

horrible detection rates

>PAYING TO ANTIVIRUS

Just use GNU/Linux. You'll have freedom, and you won't need to worry about malware because you'll get signed free software from your repo.

it's worth it. will detect any ransomware/malware/virus thrown at it before it can infect. isnt packed with junkware or useless features. isn't annoying. extremely fast scans, dual engine scanning, uses kaspersky and their own. has a 30 day free trial

i duel boot with linux/windows.

i just figure having an antivirus for windows would be helpful.

If you're okay with using proprietary software, check out Microsoft security essentials.

you mean the anti-virus that doesn't actually detect viruses? no.

The brain is the best antivirus

Don't be so sure. If not using https with your repos, you are vulnerable.

The brain led to the spread of HIV, herpes, and hpv. Nigga,

What?

>using 3rd party AV
>2018
ISHYGDDT

>the brain is the best antivirus

>the brain led to wars because people had disagreements about what empty grass and sand fields belonged to them

Been using CommonSense 2018.
It comes with free GNU/Linux.

see below
vvvvvvvvvvv

Back in the days when I used windows, I never caught virus using CommonSense 2013.

> Don't install anything from unreliable source.
> Never autorun external storage.
> Turn of show hidden files and folders, and disable "Hide protected operating system files"
> Never run suspicious looking files or shortcuts

This is enough to filter out 99% of virus or malwares.

panda security looks good in comparisons, any comments on it?

chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

Scan for signatures with mbam and use av for disinfection

Kaspersky.

I have about 800 machines across a variety of companies running bitdefender gravity zone (their business av). Better detection rates than the Kaspersky and Trend micro it replaced. My tickets for malware/virus issues have fallen to almost zero. Makes my life easy. Don't need Malwarebytes anymore. Their desktop av is pretty good too, like everything else the "internet security" version is a waste of money for consumers IMO.

I used to be a Kaspersky shill for my clients until they changed their privacy policy for the worse, their mistake.

Maybe you did and didn't realize because you didn't have av to tell you.

exactly

Windows defender

>i duel boot with linux/windows.
Duel in what way, which OS boots faster? What bootloader gets corrupted first when updating the other OS?

>what are signatures
>what are repo keys

either that or
>using retarded package managers that don't even check the packages' signatures
>using retarded distros that don't sign their packages

either way, please buy a mac and shut up

Explain how you would get infected using his method.

Any myriad of smb, browser, java, flash, pdf, office or Windows exploits that "allow an attacker to take remote control of a pc." Windows is still Swiss cheese, you won't even notice malware written by competent developers. Read about the Israeli attack on Kaspersky for an example of stateless/ram only malware.

The computing experience of the Win XP days made me forever paranoid about malware, shit used to just get on your PC undetected and completely destroy it, not like the pussy viruses of the lodern era that just display ads or encrypt your files, viruses back in those days would just destroy your system and they were common as fuck

Bitdefender is by far the best antivirus I've used. Don't use it anymore as I'm not retarded, but does the job really well on my family's PCs. Our work PCs also run it, and compared to using Trend Micro for years before it, the difference was worth the switch.

Immunet

You think your AV is any better?

I don't know if you are just salty or just plain stupid

>Duel
he even fucking pointed the joke out but you still managed to not get it.
good job, retard.