Why are the Romance languages so much nicer to hear than disgusting Germanic languages?

Why are the Romance languages so much nicer to hear than disgusting Germanic languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_the_Netherlands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Belgica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Netherlands
youtube.com/watch?v=IpHniCEHY7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aestheticism vs Pragmatism in their linguistics

>tfw Big Bob can't pronounce hard g's and ch's. Liechtenstein is not pronounced Licktenstein, you fucking arrogant assholes.

and Dutch is probably the most pig disgusting language of all, sounds like you are choking on something.

and yet you use a germanic language in this board.
coincidence?

I feel like Im the only native english speaker that actually prefers germanic languages over most romantic languages (excluding spaniard spanish). It sounds too weak and french just sounds slow and autistic, especially the guys. I grew up with a little dutch and i simply love how structured german is.

no correlation

I think Romance languages are a little overrated.

All of the major ones save for Portuguese and French sound really plain to me. Slavic languages feel good to my ears though.

Because they're languages for little girls.

French is what I would want women to speak, it's soft and beautiful
German is what I would want men to speak, it's firm, masculine, and the names are cool as shit

Franco-German empire when?

German is actually a beautiful language that very few master, even if it is their mother tongue.

Meaning > Sound

French sounds shit to me.

That uses mostly latin rootwords because germanic ones are disgusting.
Really makes you think

Civilized ancient roman latin speakers vs illiterated barbarians
Sad latin had got bastardized along the way and has been divided into a lot of different languages, while the germanic languages didn't change that much throughout history

Indeed, cute shy girls speaking German make me moist.

>french
>romance language

ITT: People who have never heard the language they are talking about and just repeat what the echochamber say

>German sounds harsh and masculine
>French sounds delicate and dainty
>Dutch sounds like choking
>German is very structured and logical
>Romance speakers speak that way because they are sophisticated and have an ear for easthetics
>Germanic speakers speak like that because they are cold, calculated barbarians!

>germanic languages didn't change that much throughout history

???

no one gives a shit kike

Nice try OP but we all know the Germanic languages have hotter women.

>languages have hotter women

u wut

>illiterated

wew lad

Latin (classical latin) had lost almost all its declensions and had changed a lot throughout history for it to give birth to contemporary romance languages, the changes have been way more noticeable in them than what happened in german speaking languages (putting aside english that's heavily influenced by french)
Germanic languages had changed too, but not to an extend they would be considered totally different from each other when it comes to grammar (what wasn't the case for romance languages)
Your languages just got standardized when your nations were formalized, while romance speaking countries had to choose the most influential vulgar dialects spoken by high class people in their countries

illiterate*

>Latin (classical latin) had lost almost all its declensions and had changed a lot throughout history for it to give birth to contemporary romance languages

So did most of the germanic languages

>Germanic languages had changed too, but not to an extend they would be considered totally different from each other when it comes to grammar (what wasn't the case for romance languages)

What do you mean by this? Are you talking about contemporary germanic languages or germanic languages and their ancestors? There is no way i could understand old dutch save for a few words and phrases.

>Your languages just got standardized when your nations were formalized, while romance speaking countries had to choose the most influential vulgar dialects spoken by high class people in their countries

Pretty sure this applies to all germanic languages as well. Also pretty sure romance languages are heavily standardized as well. (Especially french)

Odor e Retardo

Don't bother with the deluded monkey.

Will Switzerland keep romansh language alive?

Luckily its Afrikaans then!

Word.

Too manly for you?
You prefer a nice, soft, feminine g?

same shit

French is basically spanish spoken by a german though.

Pfffff!

Ignorance!

>So did most of the germanic languages
>What do you mean by this? Are you talking about contemporary germanic languages or germanic languages and their ancestors? There is no way i could understand old dutch save for a few words and phrases.
But your languages still have the same patterns when it comes to grammar, that's my point.
English is the exception, they went romancized during the norman conquest.
Most germanic languages kept its own declensions and grammatical cases even though they went through many changes (and variations due to local dialects etc), but they are highly inflected until today
What I meant was that if you put a classical latin text for any romance language speaker they would only understand semantics and a few words that are written like contemporary words, but they certainly wouldn't understand much when it comes to the relation these words have among themselves in the sentence, while on the other hand germanic languages had kept their original patterns regarding to cases / declensions / etc and don't have to rely on word order (something romance languages do a lot)
That's a huge change that have changed the core of the languages, while most germanic languages didn't go down that road
>Pretty sure this applies to all germanic languages as well. Also pretty sure romance languages are heavily standardized as well. (Especially french)
Yeah, I see your point, but I don't see the german kaiser looking around for a few poems written by a few poets in the 13th century in order to standardize italian like they did in the 19th century
That if we don't take into account that even though the classical dialects were as old as it gets, they still were way much distant from classical latin that they wouldn't even sound (nor look) like classical latin at all

t. self hating illegal immigrant guy that crossed the mexican border and will be deported by trump when he gets elected

slav > germanic > romance > irrelevant memeshit > finnougric

Actually, we are able to read older poetry in our own language than the english, because theirs gets to "germanic".

Let's be honest lad Dutch and Polish are the most horrible languages of all Europe, more like this.

Italian > Greek > Spanish > French > Rest

I am a Greek

True. Written french is close to italian and spanish. Spoken french is closer to german.

French is quite nice, I just hate how your pronounciation diverges so much from the written form.

t. bad french user.

Finnish inspired Elvish, thus Finnic languages are objectively the most aesthetic.

>Spoken french is closer to german.

haha

too bad elvish is disgusting

Fuck you, beaner

Japanese is god tier sounding

>Greek

disgusting monkey language

You're no language connoisseur like Tolkien so your opinion is irrelevant.

I agree with you kike.
French sounds gay and feminine

dutch lost 4 cases and 1 gender and mixed up its word order... I don't think you can say it has remained grammatically similar at all

>French sounds gay and feminine
Look who's talking

Same sounds. Ask an italian or a brit to say the words "rue" or "futur" for instance. Then ask a german...

>Latin (classical latin) had lost almost all its declensions

then how come romanian has all the latin declensions?

>600 Years

but that is not because of french being similar. That is because of german properly maintaining the french pronounciation after borrowing the word. French loanwords havent really been around very long in the german language. English and italian have undergone many sound changes after aquiring the word. german hasnt.

t.Weebus Maximus

Yeah, you really understood what I meant

Dutch was romancized, you guys even sing your anthem talking about how you went free from the spanish and such.
Plus, a lot frisian guys went to britain, so dutch is way closer to english than it is to german. We can't compared it to some germanic languages such as standardized german or bokmal

Because romanians were true romans n shiet, how come you be like asking this up pham?
You wuz true romans n shiet!!

>Dutch was romancized,
>so dutch is way closer to english than it is to german.
>We can't compared it to some germanic languages such as standardized german or bokmal

i really hope you are a troll

>aimer le fronce
Cucks

Yee!

Svenska taalande allihuuppande

??? Dutch sounds like a nordic language.
Uses the same words as a nordic language.
Same goes for english, but they use a bit more old nordic words.

moi moi

pretty sure that is a troll

Yeah, I wish

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romans_in_the_Netherlands
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Belgica
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Netherlands

You speak a german language, but you're closer to french / english / etc than most of other germanic languages
I'm not saying you're a romance speaking country, but you do have some similarities as you have already said here --->

english a mongrel language and doesn't sound nordic and Dutch is Germanic

>switches topic due to the inherent feminity of his faggot language

Well French's entire grammar is devoted to making it sound plesant, by comparison Germans is to provide structure. They both go what they intend and the languages are a reflection of that

Because Latin is the most beautiful language humanity has ever produced. It makes sense for its descendants to also be beautiful.

>mfw every single word you've used for your post except for "latin" and "disfusting" are Germanic

English has a lot of similarities with the nordic languages, more than roman languages anyway because they have been invaded by germanics 4 times at least. Jutes, Anglos, Saxons and the vikings.

French sounds like a deaf Italian trying to speak

>Germans is to provide structure

any language with 4 cases and 3 genders is not meant to be logical. You are just projecting sterotype memes onto the language

Our language is much more superior to finnish.
It is so manly and strong.

>you guys even sing your anthem talking about how you went free from the spanish and such.

Yeah... so tell me about the spanish words in Dutch.

"Really"also has latin roots.

Swedish is more feminine than French. Just listen to this faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=IpHniCEHY7I

And yet it still is more structured than French, which is my point. Besides 3 genders isn't really any harder than 2 genders, once you have to remember a gender per noun, it doesn't matter if there's 2 or 3

German really isn't that bad. It's you who's falling for the meme.

>english a mongrel language
Even classical Latin was full of Greek and Etruscan words.

I like the mix of Norse, Attic Greek, Classical Latin, Norman and French in English. It's superior to the Italian shit stew of vulgar Latin and arabic.

>And yet it still is more structured than French

what do you mean by this? heaving learnt both languages i can tall you that french grammar is more consistent than german grammar.

>Stockholmare
>Svensk
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE¨
Believe me, no one likes the stockholmare.

See
I was referring to the influence on grammar, not semantics
Go back a few posts and you'll get my point

Why are Germanic languages so much more masculine than gay Romance languages?

Why are Kiwi arses so much nicer to rim than American arses?

there is very little spanish influence on grammar though. we might have been occupied but we werent forced to learn the language

He dosent know shit about the dutch language, he is just talking out of his arse.

Of course, that's why you speak a germanic language and english still is a germanic language even though they have like 60% of latin vocabulary
But that explains why you have lost many grammatical cases that other germanic language didn't let go away throughout history

I would say you're the one that don't know shit about it, if you knew it you would have agreed with what he replied to me anyway

dutch retained its case system during the spanish occupation. We lost is a few centuries later

Of course it took a few centuries for it to be standardized, english have standardized contemporary english in the 16th century, even though the norman conquest was around the 11th century
It's gradual, it takes time and the french had been kicked off of france a few centuries before shakespeare and such
It's not like "oh, we're occupied and now everyone speaks the conquerors' language", those influences linger on to many generations for them to flourish and be standardized a few centuries later

I'm pretty sure i know what im talking about, the only friends i have are dutch.
And when they talk to each other i understand most of it and their grammar is close to germanic languages.

and the french had been kicked off of britain*

Dutch is a germanic language, I'm not saying it's a romance language, I'm just saying they had some romance speaking influences due to history-related stuff

Vós sois todos paneleiros. Objetivamente falando, a língua portuguesa é vastamente superior a qualquer outra inferioridade linguística com que a comparem. É o apogeu da masculinidade e sofisticação das línguas românicas.

É mais complexo do que o c*stelhano e que o frªncês.

O italiano é simplesmente retardado, e nem falemos do romeno.

Romance languages are nice but a tad homosexual. By that I mean that its sense for aesthetics can sometimes border the effeminate. Maybe the heritage of Louis XIV, I don't know. French is ok but I like Italian best, Spanish not so much, but that is mostly because of annoying latino tourists.

Holland Dutch sounds as horrid for us as it does for you all. Flemish sounds much smoother to the ear.

I forgot to mention Portuguese (from Portugal not Brazil) which sounds pretty cool and a bit Slavic for some reason. I sometimes confuse Portuguese tourists with Russians when I hear them speak from a distance, until I see their faces of course.

>não menciona a língua portuguesa
Ena, Ahmed.

Best language imo and Romanian too.

I find Flemish gayer sounding than French. also, I think that everyone calling Dutch hard sounding should listen to a recording of a native speaking. it's really not that harsh at all

plot wist:
LATIN IS A indoGERMANIC LANGUAGE

what now?

>Franco-German empire when?

You need a firm Belgian leader for that to happen.

>Indeed, cute shy girls speaking German make me moist.

your boipucci becomes moist?

Concordo, caríssimo colega americano.

He actually is right. And Dutch belongs to the Anglo-Frisian class of Germanic languages, being indeed closest to English. And we standardised it by simplifying, just like in English, we have no more gender.

It used to be "een, eene, eenen" for male/female/neutral words until the 1930-somethings (similar to High German gender - which also Romanized its language btw mirroring to Latin). Now it is just een, compare to English "a/an"