Sup Forums, help me please

Sup Forums, help me please.
So I just did a clean install of windows on a new 960 evo. Everything went great. Went to overclock it, now my cpu speed is fucked. On my old SSD, I would overclock and the frequency would be locked at 4.0ghz. Now when I overclock it fluctuates between 3.6-3.8, and it wont even hit 4.0

CPU is an 1800x, literally never had this problem before, until this fresh SSD.

>ryzen
>overclock

can we not.

Ryzen isnt that good for overclocking, i got a good 400mhz on my 1700 and a cheapo motherboard

Whats the problem with Ryzen overclocking? Sitting at a comfy 4.05GHz

>windows

saged

Ask mobo vendor. Not heard of this before.

>saged
reported

Set power profile to high performance

The problem has nothing to do with SSD and everything to do with fresh windows install to said SSD

I did, power plan is set to high performance.
Still doing it.
The motherboard remained the same in this switch. Asus x370 Gaming Pro Fatal1ty.

>
>>saged
>reported
messaged the admins

You got a 3rd rate CPU for starters.

960 is m2 pcie drive right? Back in the day yes pcie frequency need to be locked into 100mhz so it didn't messing up with cpu clock or gpu suicide itself. But that's long time ago somewhere in 2006-2010

>>>saged
>>reported
>messaged the admins

tipped the FBI

>
>>>>saged
>>>reported
>>messaged the admins
>tipped the FBI
Messaged /u/spez

Have you got the latest bios?

The state of AMD users

>
>>
>>>saged
>>reported
>messaged the admins
called the cyber police

What mobo do you have? I have an 1800X and 960 Evo as well. And like you I can't get to 4.0. How is your memory overclocking?

>
>>
>>>
>>>>saged
>>>reported
>>messaged the admins
>called the cyber police
i texted linus and him and his power top are coming to fuck you out

Don't normal people overclock CPUs by changing the multiplier, not the base 100 MHz?

What are your temps like when you approach 4 GHz? Did you overvolt?

Honestly only retards overclock BLCK or whatever AMD faggots call it

>expecting help and civilized mature conversation on Sup Forums
i only come here to lurk and laugh at these subhuman idiots ha!

Hmm, interesting. Define GPU suicide. Because I've been having some GPU issues too, random lock ups, Displayport black outs. Never BCLK overclocked before.

I have an AIO on it so my temps were 45C as reported in Ryzen master. I did not overvolt. I did try once to increase the SOC voltage but it wasn't stable.

did you not OC from the fucking BIOS you child?

You relize jumpers aren't something you can OC with anymore right? Where else would he OC

Some shitty Windows app for some boards? This fucking knob if it's an MSI?

If his OC was made from BIOS, why the fuck did it reset with new OS?

OP here. I am a firm, devout, OCer from bios. Fuck using a OS side program to OC.

That being said, I have my suspicion's that its something to do with this m.2 drive. This is my first PCIE ssd, kinda leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Still

Ask on official mobo support forum.

Looks like nvme bug or power problem with board

have you reverted to the old drive to see if your comp goes back to OG speds