Hey Sup Forums looking a little advice

hey Sup Forums looking a little advice

So I'm building my first ever PC. I'm 25 and have been working full time as a developer for 2 years now, while doing little bits of coding on the side since i was about 15. Up until this point I've only had laptops, which has been fine for the calibre of work I've been doing. Now I'm starting to take dev in my own time a little more serious so my pc requirements have jumped up.

I've always been more into the software side of things so have to put my hands up and say my hardware knowledge is nowhere near my software level.

This build is for development only and not for gaming. So the most strain it will be under will be when running multiple databases, emulators and builds coupled with all the other bits of software used for dev.

so...
How do you think my build looks?
Do you see any obvious choke points?
Any components you would swap out for something else?
Any general advice for the build?

I'm pretty excited, but don't want to make any mistakes. Should also mention I have 2 4k monitors i scoped up before christmas

If you don't need a new pc right now wait for april. Amd will release new processors and they should be good. I'm waiting myself to pull the trigger on a new build.

I think you should get a better CPU cooler. Mine gets pretty hot even at stock speeds

You think amd over intel? hmm

Anything specific you would recommend? Cooling is one of the things I would be worried about as I have no clue!

also is it the Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler you use?

I went from PC and laptop on the side to laptop and homeserver for resource hungry stuff, wouldnt go back ever.

I would miss the freedom of working in bed, on the couch or just throwing that thing in a bag and go wherever.

It's certainly something to look into but for now my sights are set on a desktop.

>internal sound card
>2018 in the year of our lord

Obviously remove the (((Intel))) processor and replace it with a Ryzen equivalent. So you'll need a different mobo. Also replace the western digital HDD with a Toshiba one.

>that thing

Don't diss the Thinkpad

has Asus - Xonar Phoebus 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card in there.

Is that not a good enough sound card? It seems to be rated well enough. Is there a better one you would suggest?

why does everybody seem to hate on intel?

Because of backdoors, malware and shady business practices. They're one of the most evil tech companies.

Its not a macbook that needs to be pampered, its a fucking workhose

Do you not follow industry news at all?
I fail to see how someone working in development can not have heard of all the bullshit that came out of Intel recently.

Ryzen gives you more threads for your buck, generally better for software development and multitasking.

>buying a sound card
>buying an Ethernet card
>cheaping out on SSD

Fucking why.

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS PUT THAT FUCKING LINK AS MY NAME HELP

Get a noctua dh15 S model!!! Make sure it's S . You will not regret this decision

>not using the lauded realtek chipset

Yea I read about the whole backdoor issue. Figure most software/hardware have vulnerabilities but it would still be a pretty solid choice as a processor though.

You are paying more for considerably less performance when you factor in the OS patches.
How exactly does that make it a "pretty solid choice as a processor"?

Internal soundcards are no better than the onboard soundcard anymore. If you really want better audio quality, get an external USB one.

i have some big old krk speakers and would listen to a lot of music. you think i can scrap the sound card though?
wifi sucks in my house so will probably have a a cable running round
what makes that ssd cheaper than another? can't think of why i would need more than 250gb to run programs from with an extra tb for files / archiving shit

i guess it's a case of always having had intel with no problems, and usually seeing pretty positive reviews of their processors