Smartwatches

let's have a non meme discussion on smartwatches
do you own one? do you like it?
which features are important?
I want to get one for under $200, I owned a $10 chinkshit smartwatch but I don't think it's all there is to these devices

Never saw the point in them, why not just take your phone out of your pocket, takes like 1 second to do that. I'm pretty sure people only buy them to show off.

I don't know I just find the idea having almost a PC on your wrist kinda cool

Smartwatches sure are a cool thing but:

>do you own one? do you like it?
No and no. They won't replace the smartphone, just make their features extra portable for situations where a phone is not convenient.
>which features are important?
To show the current time and maybe some extra time calculation functions.

No, seriously, I'm smart enough myself not to need smart-everything and also I'm trying to use the less battery powered memes possible and be less power dependent so I don't go through my day afraid of not to have enough battery for this or that meme and a dozen of devices to feed up at the end of the day.
I use a common watch to check time and a solar powered calculator to do simple math.
This also saves some battery on my phone.
But that's only my opinion.

I have the ticwatch e, used to owed a 360 way back when it was first released. I like having the step counter also the notification to get up and walk every hour is a bit annoying but I guess its good for me kek. I mainly like it so I can look at mayuri

Had the Moto 360 when it came out. Was kind of fun to dick around with but only that. Using voice commands still feels 100% autist and the apps were few and kinda shit at that. The battery life was extremely annoying.

Having to charge a watch is bullshit.

In the end I had to pull my phone out for most everything anyway, and I realized I never wore a watch in the first place so I didn't even really use it to check the time.

It was fun to experience but not something I actually see a use case for.

I had a moto 360 and also moto 360 v2 but in the end I use pic related
>keeps track of heartrate every 30 minutes I think
>keeps track of sleep states
>analog time hands
>keeps track of steps with analog hand, but you can check on the display also
>vibrates and shows caller, also shows messages and calendar events
>can wake you up with vibrating, perfect because doesn't wake up gf
>waterproof, you don't have to take it off ever
>silicone strap doesn't get soaked with water, doesn't get damaged by water like leather, very comfortable, doesn't look as good though
>very friendly, usable nokia health mate app
>it's much prettier than most bulky smartwatches, because by default it looks like a simple analog watch

and the best of all, the main reason why I'm using this
>it has a battery life of a month for me, I literally only take it off when I have to charge, which is once a month

I believe this watch is highly underrated.
It's the nokia steel HR btw, (mine still has a withings logo tho)

you can also track heart rate continuously when working out, all you have to do is press and hold the button.

you realise the moto 360 was waterproof i used to wear mine in the shower desu

Does the 42mm look too big on my wrist? Considering maybe getting the 38mm. I have a 170 mm wrist.

yes but you have to take it off every day/every two days to charge it
That's what I hate the most about smartwatches, the battery life.
I don't have time to charge it during the day because I cannot use it then
If I charge at night then I cannot use it to wake me up with vibrating,also there is no sleep tracking
Also some mornings I just forget to put it on and it's such a bullshit when you rely on it too much (like I don't even have a rintone set as the watch will always vibrate, etc.)
dealbreaker.

I'm not saying it's perfect, for example one issue I had at first was you cannot use it for smart lock on android, but since fingerprint readers are so common this doesn't bother me anymore.

yeah the battery is pretty annoying gonna be so good when we finally get graphine batteries

>yeah the battery is pretty annoying gonna be so good when we finally get graphine batteries
So maybe by 2050?

It's gay.
I had a pebble, it was good, but I got it as a gift.

Rather have a regular watch and rely on my phone for anything more than that.

My wife gave me the Samsung Gear S2 3G that came as a bonus with her phone. It was too big for her wrists but it's fine for me.

I've liked it fairly well so far. I had already used a Fitbit Charge so it replaced that as my watch/pedometer. I've found it useful for taking phonecalls while driving, I hate holding my phone up to my ear on the road. It's also nice having a small mp3 player if I want to go out biking.

Industrial design Is nice and feels very solid, the downfall is the same as all the other current wearables in that it has to be charged every day. That has to be improved before these will be mass adopted, nobody wants to charge their watch and phone every single night.

Kind of crazy watch has more processing power than my first smartphone

>do you own one
Yes, pebble time steel.
>do you like it
Yes.
>important features
Battery life, always on display (no memes edition), notifications, calendar, quick replies and added useful info like weather.

I spend a lot of time driving and glancing at texts is incredibly good. Likewise, calender reminders and seeing what I've got for the day is pretty gud when I'm in a hurry and don't feel like running through people with my phone out.
Battery life of a week minimum is good enough to not have to worry and it at least still tells the time for three days after its dead. When it warns me it's running out I'd still have a day left, so I charge whenever suits me that day, usually at my desk for 30mins till it's full, propped up so I see notifications and reminders anyway. Waterproof so I worry about it even less and can tell when I've been swimming for too long at the beach. Surprisingly, it's a problem for an island fagit like me where you lose track of time and are unreachable for hours. First time I could have a smartwatch that I can use in the sun and in the sea.

It's got some useful apps if you need extra utility, or games if you're really out of options at the doctor. Pretty sad pebble got sold off and it doesn't look like any spiritual successors will materialise. The hardware is really impressive, and I really don't know why nobody else is using the memory display. I'd love to see it used in more things.

I like fitness trackers. Smartwatches currently are pointless. Only decent one was the Microsoft Band 2.

I'll buy one during the next generation, where the developers develop an actual use for one.

That's because you haven't grow past puberty yet.

I use it to check text messages and answer calls while driving since having your phone in your hand while driving will net you a $300 ticket here.

They already exist. 2020.

>They already exist. 2020.
Existing and existing in a state that can be mass produced for the consumer market is a huge difference. Calling BS on 2020.

Sorry, user. I'd like to believe too but I feel like I've been hearing about graphene for decades now as the new wonder material. I'll believe it when I see it.

At my work having a phone out is considered a possible privacy violation so a smartwatch is useful for checking things or getting notifications so I know when I have to "take a piss" and reply to a message in the bathroom.