The final brainlet filter

>the final brainlet filter

Haskell on a resume is a good way to filter out people who are going to waste your money masturbating with code. The remaining resumes might contain someone who can make a product.

I don't understand what all the hype is about. It's not faster or more efficient. What I can do in one in 3 lines of traditional program I can make in haskell in 1 line that's 3 times as long.

So you have never used Haskell and repeating memes makes you feel knowledgeable. Got it.

This. Only brainlets waste time on a technology that prevents stoned beginners mistake and on the other hands introduces new ways to leak memory.

yeah sure it's fun if you like math but you certainly should be using a more efficient language when you write production-quality code.

I thought I was a pretty competent programmer, but this semester we are doing a bunch of Haskell and it is kicking my ass.

>college and haskell
Where? Where can I find this?

Is it similar to Scheme? Really hated Scheme.

In a "Principles of Programming Languages" class

brainlets detected

>mfw I finally graduated from Haskell
Finally I am free.

Useless trash for degenerate soyboys. Use Elixir, it's FP lang that actually has use in real world

We have actually hired someone who is working with Haskell to improve our system protocol.
Currently he has taken over 7 months of our time with baby step progress.
Sad part is that our boss is so stupid that he doesn't notice how pointless this is.

Hahaha. My old boss had a great idea when selecting a new hire: choose someone with experience that no one on our dev team has. So he choose some weird Haskell guy who refused to use any graphical programs, never dialed into meetings, and would submit code undocumented and horribly written. He would eat cheese sandwiches during lunch and work on his Haskell text editor. Yeah.. I quit that job.

this
idris is the superior solution

Who gives a fuck what they do on their lunch break?

We used haskell in school for our algorithms and datastructure course. Should I remove it from my resume?

The first programming course at my university is "Introduction to functional programming" with Haskell. One of the lectures was given by John Hughes.

Is haskell hard to learn knowing OCaml?

are you a student at TU Munich?