/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Classic.pdf
complyfoam.com/compatibility
youtube.com/watch?v=hlzzfj62oXU&
amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-Bluetooth-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B01N5VRG53/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518402565&sr=8-1&keywords=soundmagic e10bt
amazon.com/Replacement-Cushions-SENNHEISER-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B01CGSV3GS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Every thread until you like it.

>no feet

You should buy Audio Technica products user.

hello can a qt user whos knowledgeable about headphones please be my friend (and also some bullying is ok)

Also buy chink clones of Audio Technica products

I have a R70X package coming either wednesday or thursday. Glory be upon AT.

Boots are sexy too. I want her to tread all over me.

aren't you going to ask about a preamp?

You know, if you want to hang around and LARP, you could at least get some headphones first. Go get some KSC-75's and call us in the morning.

Are there better headphones than HD600 for its price range?

In the past 24 hours I've lined up a nice shortlist of preamps. I don't think I'll need to ask for any more suggestions. I got plenty of good ones already from some nice user's who were actually helpful... but isnt larping when you do it IRL? i agree tho, i do need to get some headphones. i need a new bluray player anyway, I think I'll be purchasing a oppo 205 because its got a decent headamp inside of it (apparently)

I think he may have actually taken our last recommendations and actually decided to buy something. On a related note, I just bought a preamp myself! Like 3 minutes ago!

Any other headphone would be better.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Hey, that msr7?

post pics of feet ontop of yggy
watcha buy?

It depends on what you're looking for, the HD600 is a decent all-rounder but it isn't a cure-all. If you're looking for something with bass-emphasis or less treble, for instance, then the HD600 is not an ideal choice.

its true i did! and what preamp! congrats!

no, you should buy vmoda products. I like my vmodas more than my audiotechnicas

MSR7 indeed.

Elaborate

innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Classic.pdf

So if I want bass, I'd get HD650.

I'm using mine as I play idol rhythm games now.
Then I'll go to sleep and take them with me to work tomorrow, which is their intended purpose.

Emotiva PT-100. Amazon was sold out so I actually had to buy it from Emotiva themselves. It's going to be the preamp for my HT 2.1 setup (mated to a Crown XLS 1002) to power a pair of JBL ES80's and a JBL Sub-150P. I've previously had them hooked up to an older Pioneer A/V receiver, but the receiver only had an LFE port (so no crossover on the sub) and the receiver was underpowered for the speakers (based on the numbers, only about ~80w per channel).

650 have a midbass hump but their bass still sounds very meh.

wow it's fucking nothing

it's the same headphones with a better headband at a lower price

sounds like a boss setup. pics?

Can anyone recommend a good workout set of headphones for about $50 ? I want something in the range of Koss Porta Pro but more durable and isolated in sound.

fazor regularly went on sale for $650

these went on sale for $600 and don't have a shitty headband
the stock cable is also improved

like I said, fucking nothing

bstock fazor was $500

endgame material for someone who knows how to use an equalizer
everything but the frequency response is good

"remarkably flat bass" my fucking ass

That's STAX
Harman comp, ignore the bass.

I'll have pics of the setup once the other components come, but here's a pic of the old setup (sub is hiding in the corner on the right, off camera)

Your living room looks like a kitchen. What the hell? It feels like you have a tv where a sink should be.

buy some stax with us idol trash

Best portable headphones. You made the right choice.

I won't negotiate with terrorists!
They sound pretty good and aren't skull-drilling. So far, it seems I did well.

What size foam tips fit on Xiaomi Piston 3???

>I won't negotiate with terrorists!
where is maki? if you are there can you hold a gun up to your hd600 and make idol trash buy a stax? I would hold an hd600 hostage but I don't own one

la luz extinguido...

this is an anime feet only zone. if you want a recommendation you need to pay the tribute

These methods aren't right.

It's actually a basement, not pictured to the left are cabinets, a pool table, a fridge and sink.
It's always a work in progress. I spend a lot of time on the road, and things are a little sloppy because I've got a lot of stuff coming in from online and stuff that I'm prepping to get rid of (trash, Goodwill, stuff for friends, etc). I've been working on some pre-spring spring cleaning.
Here's another messy shot of my other setup (sorry for the flash, it's not super well-lit down here).
complyfoam.com/compatibility

Anyone have the Superlux HD668B's?
What's the comfort and sound like? I want a decent pair of open headphones to replace my Koss KSC75 (broke and they've doubled the price)
I plan on getting replacement pads for the Superlux when/if I order them btw. Is the clamping force painful? because I can't stand headphones that clamp hard.

user just buy one. it's a limited edition, a collectors item STAX.

>anime feet only zone

Here you go

>stuff that I'm prepping to get rid of (trash, Goodwill, stuff for friends, etc).
yeah I gave away 1/3 of my shit to goodwill last week. try the marie kondo method

youtube.com/watch?v=hlzzfj62oXU&

Some dude said the L300LE sounded different from the L700.
Were you guys memeing when you said they'd be the same ?

What's the best wireless IEM I could buy for $50?

>Some dude said the L300LE sounded different from the L700
one random dude on headcase heard from another random dude that apparently heard the l300le before they have probably even been made. yeah OKAY.

amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-Bluetooth-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B01N5VRG53/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518402565&sr=8-1&keywords=soundmagic e10bt

HD6XX/HD650 with EQ. Drivers for them are hand-picked and matched to within 1 dB. HD600 drivers are not. The mid-bass hump on the 6XX/650 may be a bit excessive for some people, but it is easily EQ'd to personal preference. You can bump up the sub-bass a bit as well. Only reason to get the HD600 instead would be if you're stubborn about not using EQ software, or found a good price for a used one.

I miss this chink twink. One of the better headphone reviewers out there.

Pretty sure that he's still around, just that he was slowing down and focusing away from just headphones.

ls50, NICE! can we be friends? [email protected] send me your contact info p-please ;w;

They still look like shit, it's impossible to get rid of the shit.

I took off the foam too, what am I supposed to notice without it? Can barely tell anything.

Brown people are disgusting.

neck yourself

lost the little cleaning tool for the shure 215 what can I use instead?

im white tho

Why do you need my contact info? We're already here in /hpg/ every day! You are surrounded by friends!

Are you sure your mom didn't enjoy some nice fat BBC?

Why do you think I told you not to waste your time? Are you that attached to your own filth? Bin it.

Maybe give it some extra scrubbing and cycles of wash/dry/wash/dry? Maybe order some new pads in the meantime while you clean those ones, and if it doesn't work out, you have new pads!

Just buy the new pads.

be a good boy and post pictures of y our feet on your yggy

no thats grossi guess... but theres a lot of meanie heads and i'd rather just avoid them if possible...

i'm going to rip the foam if i scrub it anymore, part of it got detached

where

>extra scrubbing
Velour doesn't like that.
If he hadn't been a slob just putting them in a bucket of hot water with some detergent for 30 minutes then rinsing and squeezing the thing would have done the job. But he let it pile and sink dirt until nothing could clean them without destruction being involved.

>but theres a lot of meanie heads and i'd rather just avoid them if possible...
I thought you were the M to my S? where have your guts gone to?

I thought you said that some bullying was okay? Anyway, just remember that even if you get bullied a bit around here, there's people like me who don't bully, too.
Huh, well I guess that he just needs new pads, then. No sense crying over spilled milk...

does the crown amp ever get too hot?
how does the dsp settings work for you?

im not sure what that means user but if youre the bully guy then you should email me your contact info as i don't really do public anonymous friendships. i mean i could try but it would be awkward. and id rather not shit up the threads with our 'larping' or whatever... anyway i prefer talking about my hobbies, like audio in a 1 on 1 environment anyway...

why haven't you posted your setup yet? with or without feet

I have yet to see it get hot enough to even get the fan to kick on. Granted, I use it in near-field (so Amp volume is at 2 o'clock on both channels and the Origen+ only gets up to ~3 o'clock max), but I have confidence that the amp wouldn't get roastie even if I dropped the hammer. The Origen+ actually seems to get hotter, lol.
I actually don't use any of the DSP or level settings and just use the low pass filter on my sub to match ( 80hz @ 50% volume, which is on an SVS SB-1000 next to the desk).

where can i buy hd558 compatible pads for real cheap?

Forgot to mention, you can actually check the amp temps in the menu on the Crown. I haven't seen them get over ~63C under load.

i have many times.. im the user with the yggy

Packed the msr7. Good night.

Sleep tight, trashy idol.

why do you constantly shitpost

nice!, might end up buying one after all

amazon.com/Replacement-Cushions-SENNHEISER-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B01CGSV3GS

They're pretty decent at temp management because they're an efficient, rack-mountable design. I have yet to have any issue with mine, and while it may not be the most aesthetic choice for a home setup, there's a reason I bought another one for my other speakers. Best cost to performance for solid, clean and raw power I've been able to find. What are you going to hook yours up to?

LSR305 have been shipped, I'll experience the speakers meme in a few days
also found an ok-sounding EQ for my HD6XX, not quite STAX but it's something

it's not proper headphone general without anime feet

KEF Q150, currently powered by a Teac AI-301DA
i use them on my TV setup but can barely get them loud enough before the amp get distorted
i would still need a way to control the amp volume with a remote as my TV out sends a fixed signal

>get sennheiser momentum in ears
>really enjoy the sound
>start using them on the regular
>housemate starts telling me I'm an idiot for buying anything that uses a jack
>says bluetooth is the future and there's no difference
>tells me his wireless beats are the best bang for buck
>refuses to even try my senns
why are people like this? It makes life so hard, He's trying to buy a homepod now because he claims it's the absolute best speaker on the market

> Kingston Park, Peterborough, UK
Amazon has been getting cheeky recently. Sending stuff from the UK despite being ordered on the local amazon and not the .co.uk website. Hope the package won't see too much damage after going through that many hands. Aaah, shieet.

I say we put an embargo on headphone recommendations so people have to post feet to get recs

>user buys sennheiser
>specifically the hd600
>says the hd600 is the best headphone in the world
>tells me it's the best bang for the buck
>try to get him to try some stax, refuses to even try
why are people like this? it makes life so hard

>says bluetooth is the future
If the future is buying headphones that become unusable after 5 years because the battery is failing and is not replaceable and using them in wired mode provides worse sound quality (bluetooth headphones use built-in EQ to fix the shitty drivers they have), this world deserves a nuclear apocalypse.

The XLS 1002 will do those just fine. It's a shame that it doesn't look like that Teac has anyway to pass through to the Crown, any idea what you're going to use for a preamp?

I bet he use jackless iToddler too.