"In the USA 19 percent of high school graduates can’t read"

"In the USA 19 percent of high school graduates can’t read"

How this is even possible? Discuss.

huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html

Other urls found in this thread:

statisticbrain.com/number-of-american-adults-who-cant-read/
childrenofthecode.org/library/refs/basicproficiency.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_in_the_United_States
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-women-become-most-educated-group-in-us-a7063361.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blacks can't read half of the time. It's a pain when ever they are called upon in class. Mexicans who's parents just came to America can't read. It's a stupid result of the no child left behind policy

>no child left behind policy

Meaning every kid is put in to school?

There is no way that's true

>Sources: U.S. Department of Education, National Institute of Literacy
unless of course the people who do the statistics aren't very good at reading? 32 million is a scary fucking number, thats a country of people not able to read (I assume in any language) within your borders, how the fuck do they even exist.

Not at all, no child left behind act has a provision that if a school isn't constantly improving test scores and graduation rates they are punished. In the south west where I live that means they give test answers and pass Mexicans in fear of punishment.

Oh, thanks.

It must be read at a 12th grade level or something
No way 19% are illiterate

reading is pointless 2bh

United Statians are very anti-intellectuals. They look down on education.

yeh you are right, its a bit of a shitty article though at least it has the source, which shows it is indeed split across many factors.

statisticbrain.com/number-of-american-adults-who-cant-read/

Well, wikipedia gives literacy rate in the usa 65-80% depending where the cutoff is set.

Because it's the same bullshit yet again, liberals wanting to make the US look bad and therefore moving the goalposts -- I guarantee you that this number is the ability to read on a certain level, because ""publications"" like the huffpo have been trotting this shit out for eternity.

I don't care. I like living in a dumb country. No competition. You can land a 6 figure job even though you're an average Joe.

How long do we have to wait until HuffPo follows Gawker?

More liberal bullshit to further inflate school funding.

Niggers are stupid but they need to be able to read to fill out their McDonald's application

>Below basic means they're reading below grade level
childrenofthecode.org/library/refs/basicproficiency.htm

Still fucked up but not really illiterate

>those liberals who can read

"literacy rate for the United States would be at most 65-85% depending on where in the basic, minimal competence quantile one sets the cutoff."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_in_the_United_States

sounds like a great deal of bullshit to me professor

it's a huffingtonpost article you retards

Once again, this just means they're reading at basic grade level. They can still read, they just can't get through a book without googling a word every 5 minutes.

Again: niggers are dumb but you can't get a job at McDonald's if you can't read

This has been going on for decades now. Even liberals know they're doing it. The sooner they realize nigs just don't care about school or reading the better.

>white below asian
the fuck?

I'm going to assume that white means """white"""

That's not even possible. Our schools may be shit but we still have tests that you have to pass.

I'm not giving huffpo a click so I don't really know the data they're working with.

No, even being nice and setting cutoff parameters a bit easier there is still 15% people who cannot read.

I don't care if they are blacks or whites. Americans can't fucking read in 2016.

Eh, I seriously don't believe it. I'll play along for memes though. Put it on the shelf next to shart.

>Actually refuses to read the article

Holy shit, maybe finland is onto something for once

Maybe if he paste binned it I'd read it but I'm not giving them a click.

Does your dumb fuck self seriously open these click bait sites?

Asians beat whites in all US statistics

To people who don't break out into a cold sweat when confronted by words I think the ideal state would be a world of computers instead of television and paper.

>Niggers

Tried to google information about these stupid niggers and the first result was:

"Nigerian Americans have gained degrees in higher education. According to census data, almost 40% of Nigerian Americans hold bachelor's degrees, 17% hold master's degrees, and 4% hold doctorates, more than any other ethnic group in the nation.[10]"

"They’re also the best educated, as new numbers released by the U.S. Census Bureau demonstrate. More than half of Asians in the United States, 54 percent, have at least a bachelor’s degree. That’s up from 38 percent in 1995. It’s an impressive number, especially when compared to the 33 percent college-graduation rate for the total U.S. population."

Those aren't our homebrew niggers though.

These are:

"Black women are now the most educated group in US, according to the National Center for Education Statistics."

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-women-become-most-educated-group-in-us-a7063361.html

Seriously: the nigger argument BTFO

It's a policy born out of good intentions but badly implemented.

Sounds similar to here.

It's a great new world we live in.

Thing is no one takes Black women serious at all and they are fucked hard by work place stereotypes (no matter what they do they get judged hard and screwed).

I guess they aren't included in this 15-35% of americans who cannot read, no matter how they are treated.

You know those stats rank all degrees equally right?

Sounds like lowbrow workplaces. I don't think a black woman lawyer gets smack from her co-workers.

The only letters I need to know are the U, S and A.

Niggers

What about O and F

Although the Independent says that quote, the actual NCES website they link doesn't say that quote in the source they link. Additionally, black college enrollment is the sum of the rate for black women AND men.

But college enrollment is a non sequitur: your argument seems to be that blacks can't be responsible for the poor US literacy test scores, because of high college enrollment among blacks.

But college enrollment and literacy are very separate issues, as the people who can't read aren't going to be getting a degree often. So showing that group X has a high college enrollment rate doesn't say much about that group's literacy rate, especially when both are at such low percentages to begin with.

But if you look at the actual statistics on literacy by race in
You'll see that the low literacy rates are concentrated among racial minorities.

Idk why but in my former school blacks and Mexicans were some of the brightest while white kids were pot-smoking dropout degenerates

ITT whitey getting BTFO

>2016
>cannot fucking read

Zimbabwe 86.5%
Swaziland 87.5%
Uganda 73.9%
USA (estimated) 65%

pic related: priceless

Its pretty great and most students know about it. Basically if you are a teacher you now have absolutely no power over the student outside of hoping they get expelled
>billy do homework
>no
>billy do test
>no
>ok class I am now rounding your scores so billy doesn't fail and I get fired
>billy take this final state test its pure bubble sheet
>no
and so the schools funding was cut some and the teacher began handing out answers to the students to gain funding

That somehow reminds me the centralized control in soviet union, where locals just reported shit they assumed soviet leaders wanted to hear.

that's false. the supposed enrollment statistics aren't even included in the citation.

united cuckdom fail.

re-read the thread, moor.

What the fuck? How can you even be in school if you cant read? You amerisharts are so retarded

Literacy rate in Mexico: 94.4%

So Mexican immigrants don't cause this in the USA.

>not having 100% literacy rate

wtf I love Best Korea even more!

they're amongst the poorest, dumbest, least educated demographics in america so if anything they contribute to it.

They must feel like Gods in the usa where people can't fucking read?

You can't make this shit up. Holy fuck.