What is Sup Forums's consensus on the new Ryzen APUs?

What is Sup Forums's consensus on the new Ryzen APUs?

Good for very entry level gaming machines, or general purpose with strong graphical processing.
Loses somewhat in productivity vs a i5-8500, but if you have any GPU accelerated applications that gets turned around something fierce.

Going to be okay, but wait for faggots to figure out how to usual dual socket boards to create a miner and it'll cost more than a house.

Good.
Built my parents a computer and I was messing around with it for hours because the monitor wasn't getting a signal. I had to stop myself from smashing it against the wall. Then I remembered that it didn't have an integrated GPU but luckily I had one laying around.

Please don't give them ideas. They are too retarded to think for themselves.

"muh games muh crypto"
Fucking hell, I don't remember technology being so idiotic years ago.

Any chance Vega graphics will be added to Ryzen+?
An upgraded 1800X with Vega would be the bee's knees.

The APUs are already using Vega tech. Just scaled down, as would be expected. If you want something beefier get a discrete GPU.

>What is Sup Forums's consensus
how new are you?

Great stuff. I want to build mini computer with it for no particular reason.

Kinda wish they came with HBM or just bigger L2/L3 caches, memory speed seems to stall them.

No, 14 nm is too large and hot for that, they can't fit 2 CCXs and Vega on the same chip and expect to use AM4 cooling.

Best chance of that happening is only when we get to Zen 2 where they can do that with 7 nm. I expect the best they can do with Ryzen+ APUs is the ability to add a stack of HBM2 to it assuming prices come down enough for AMD to do so while maintaining profitability on a premium APU.

>Built my parents a computer and I was messing around with it for hours because the monitor wasn't getting a signal.
>Then I remembered that it didn't have an integrated GPU but luckily I had one laying around.
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

>Zen 2 APUs are 2020
That's a pretty fucking long wait. It better be worth it.

epic

I don't think HBM would physically fit.

They're alright
Bought one for shits and giggles--GPU is just about on par with a GT 1030, so it's not going to win any medals but can at least play casual/indie games. That being said, I can't imagine many applications where you would use this over a proper CPU + GPU combo besides general productivity.

The underlying thing though is the fact RAM is stupid expensive--nearly $200 for a proper 3200mhz kit. At the moment, you would nearly be paying the same cost for the motherboard and processor for RAM.

They're straight up replacing lower end Ryzen 3s and 5s that don't have integrated GPUs

You can get dual rank memory which overclocks pretty well for $170. Or $95 for 8gb.

>just about on par with a GT 1030
Considering pic rel, that's pretty good.

I want to build a pc one with 2200G but Memory RAM fucking expensive. 4GB 3000Mhz can cost me more than the 2200G + Motherboard.

I jjust bought an r5 1600x instead of an i78700k
did i goof?

just gonna wait for a 17 inch gayms ryzen pro laptop

not new, just trying to start civil conversation.

my friend is getting one. got him some 2400 mhz ram, see if that works out. only issue im having is i don't when the motherboards will ship with the new bios

>expecting consensus on Sup Forums, on internet, amongst teenage nerds
They are pretty good processors for a PC, good allrounder IMHO

I would say so
guess you saved some money though

So you are new.

according to userbenchmark the 2200g beat anything amd up to the r5 1500x, that costs USD 50 more. As a CPU is badass.