IOS has a major bug

>iOS has a major bug
>it's only a problem for maybe 2 or 3 days
>minor update patches the bug
>even if your phone is in a bootloop, you can still plug into the dreaded iTunes and update that way
>problem solved for virtually everybody
vs
>Android has a major bug
>Google manages to put out an update for the Pixels
>everybody else suffers until they either buy a Pixel or wait until next year where the new phones come out that have the latest and greatest version of Android preinstalled
>either that or wipe/root your phone and force update
>3 years later, majority of people still vulnerable to the bug
Now, why is iOS trash again?

Other urls found in this thread:

cultofmac.com/469989/iphones-high-failure-rate-makes-android-reliable/
reuters.com/article/us-apple-china/chinas-guizhou-province-to-oversee-apples-data-project-idUSKCN1AU1LH
macrumors.com/2018/01/04/apple-meltdown-spectre-vulnerability-fixes/amp/
cnet.com/news/ios-security-hole-reportedly-exposes-your-screen-input/
9to5mac.com/2015/06/17/major-zero-day-security-flaws-in-ios-os-x-allow-theft-of-both-keychain-and-app-passwords/amp/
ctrl.blog/entry/apple-abandoned-product-security
gizmodo.com/report-apple-knew-of-security-problems-long-before-icl-1638746390/amp
theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/feature-too-big-to-disrupt/article22163574/
youtu.be/39iKLwlUqBo
youtu.be/BZmeZyDGkQ0
youtu.be/FgaxAozdjfY
slashdot.org/story/337440
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute
youtube.com/watch?v=6vFTJmoPeGw
androidflagship.com/2185-restore-warranty-android-device/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even samsung has monthly update with bug fix and security patch

You can't afford an iPhone.

Bullshit, my GS4 is susceptible to 7 different types of Stagefright AND the KRACK bug. Hasn't been updated even for security since 2015.

>hurr, he doesn't have an ipHone, he must be poor

This has been disproven many a time, ishill.

Good luck getting more than 1 update for your Galaxy Round.
Samsung only likes to pretend the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series exist. And even then, they're super slow with their updates.

Only stupid retards buy non flagship Samsungs. They get updates for some years.

iPhones are for soyboy

Xiaomi has weekly software updates.
Fuck off shill.

>ok here's one tiny lil Chinese manufacturer that doesn't do the thing OP said manufacturers tend to do
>hah! point dismantled entirely
it's not always OEMs who are in charge. American carriers are absolute shit when it comes to updates, too.

Funny you should mention Xiaomi because in China you're literally lucky to get one security update at all.

I left Android after massive zero day exploits came out that not a single mfr. was patching. That was the day I used my next upgrade to move to iPhone. Never looked back.

The Android OS is poorly optimized, insecure, and unstable. Free or not, it doesn’t represent good tech. It’s pajeet tier.

Personally, my problem with Android is just the way it functions on a fundamental level.
>Security is a big issue.
>Google doesn't give a single fuck about what goes in the Play Store, unless it's malware. And even then, it might stay up for a few months.
>Google is basically incapable of incorporating their own Material Design guidelines in every part of Android, which leads to a very inconsistent user experience
>There is zero customer support (not that anyone on Sup Forums would ever need it; it's just that it's nice to have)
>Android tends to implement features "first" without worrying much about how well it works at all. see: face unlock
>messaging with Android is a big mess
>Glitchy as FUCK, although lag is no longer much of a problem with newer phones
>Update adoption rates are laughable
>Let's face it: Android OEM skins are pretty fugly and third party apps tend to follow suit
>Kind of hard to find cases for your device if it's anything other than a Galaxy whatever
>Experience is generally terrible
Good thing you can torrent with your phone though.

I think the problem is that companies are selling it as a "normie" OS but at its core Android is really only supposed to be for developers. It's a tinkerer's OS.

Proprietary and shit

proprietary is always bad no matter what. anyone who says otherwise will be blocked. i don't care. i don't care. i don't care.

>acting like your 5 year old phone would be supported

lmao do u think apple dont do this?

the ABSOLUTE STATE of delusional iToddlers

cultofmac.com/469989/iphones-high-failure-rate-makes-android-reliable/

In my best friend group (like 5 of us) we all use iPhones. One of the guys switched to Galaxy note 8 or whatever and fucked up the group chat we have and now we have to all use Allo.

Anyways, he swears it was the greatest transition ever and is never buying Apple products again. What are some things I can sling at him that are downsides of his OS/phone? Wanna just troll him desu

The iPhone 5 is still being updated to this very day. It's about 6 years old.
If Apple can keep that thing supported, Samsung, a much larger and more powerful company, sure as hell can. But they won't, because they don't want to.
The Galaxy S4 got ONE (1) major update and that was it. """Security""" updates that did basically nothing for 10 months, then dropped support entirely.
This is precisely why I hate Android.

Honestly the upsides to owning an iPhone are only there if you own other Apple products like, for instance, a Mac. Continuity is the shit. iMessage so much better than Allo. Allo is actually kind of terrible; your friends should've at least used Hangouts or WhatsApp. Hangouts is a bit clunky, though (you have to know your conversational partner's email address and add them on Google+ to talk to them.)
Apple's products tend to be more about getting out of the way; Android products tend to be about sheer power.

Bullshit retard. Apple stopped support for the iPhone 5 last year.

Still. That's 5 years of updates.
My GS4 only got 1 year. That's kind of a ripoff.

His breath won't smell like cum anymore.

Even if this were true, the giant profit margins for apple mean that apple is far more able to do this than Samsung

You say that like it's a bad thing.

the S4 still gets weekly lineageos updates

>dude, just root your phone lmao

Okay here I'll settle this once and for all.
People who like to install custom roms should stick with Android.
Normies should stick to iphones.

>everybody else suffers until they either buy a Pixel or wait until next year where the new phones come out that have the latest and greatest version of Android preinstalled
>either that or wipe/root your phone and force update
>3 years later, majority of people still vulnerable to the bug
It's not my fault people are so incompetent to the point of not wanting to bother researching if the phone they like has custom ROM support. Let's not pretend those people ever cared about online security. And why is iOS trash? Glad you asked.
reuters.com/article/us-apple-china/chinas-guizhou-province-to-oversee-apples-data-project-idUSKCN1AU1LH
macrumors.com/2018/01/04/apple-meltdown-spectre-vulnerability-fixes/amp/
cnet.com/news/ios-security-hole-reportedly-exposes-your-screen-input/
9to5mac.com/2015/06/17/major-zero-day-security-flaws-in-ios-os-x-allow-theft-of-both-keychain-and-app-passwords/amp/
ctrl.blog/entry/apple-abandoned-product-security
gizmodo.com/report-apple-knew-of-security-problems-long-before-icl-1638746390/amp
Beside all of those issues, you are supporting an already "too big to fail" company.
theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/feature-too-big-to-disrupt/article22163574/

Security and privacy; the two biggest reasons I'm still sticking with applel.

youtu.be/39iKLwlUqBo
youtu.be/BZmeZyDGkQ0
youtu.be/FgaxAozdjfY

Pic related; this appears on iOS 11.3 when you open photos / messages / the app store for the first time.

satan has the appropriate opinion

you don't need to root it to install lineageos, in fact, you don't even need to boot into the stock firmware

>Limit the collection of data
Great privacy and security policy right there. Surely them being a participant in the NSA's PRISM project does nothing to hinder the outstanding security and privacy they provide.

>what is encryption and what makes you think that apple ever sees your key when they publicly stated they do not :^)

Answer that and you could sue them for billions.

>buy an android based phone
>install lineage
>have bi-monthly security updates
>runs fine years after release
Keep lying to yourself applefag :^)

They answered it themselves with this fiasco.
slashdot.org/story/337440
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute

>apple is proven shit again
>SoyFans immediatly try to deflect it on Android
nice try
eh, what? literally 90% of phone users don't even have idea what new updates bring, they do it just to feel secure
And when Android had bug that allowed literally anyone on the planet to shut down your phone on whim?
sage

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI–Apple_encryption_dispute
They did, didn't they?

I'm embarrassed for them.

Devilman's trips of truth, cry harder iToddlers

>Devilman
what a shit anime

>Apple believes privacy is a fundamental human right
this is a powerful, beautiful piece of irony and I want it framed

just saying, I didn't know LineageOS was a thing until now and I'm installing that shit post haste. thanks guy.

Meanwhile, to do the exact same thing on android you only need to follow a 2 minute tutorial from pajeet :^))))))))

youtube.com/watch?v=6vFTJmoPeGw

Have fun without your warranty, which installing a custom rom just broke

>factory reset
>warrant untouched
?

my warranty has already run out, I don't use apple products so my phones actually last for more than a year

Do you even know how this shit works?
Not only you have physical trips (like knox on Samsung), a simple factory reset won't even return you to the stock rom.

I have used my phones warranty even though I use custom ROMS.
Granted, I had to install a VM, install windows, install a bunch of malware to factory reset the phone, but they gave me a new phone for free, so time well spent

Meanwhile I just walk into an apple store, they look at it for 10 minutes, and then they give me a new phone.

Reminder that time IS money.

They stopped only because of 64bit iOS, lets see how long they support now for since they enjoy having 95% of handsets updated at a time.

Give apple shit for overcharging but compared to support and updates android is complete cluster fuck.

That method wouldn't work if USB debugging is disabled.

> Now, why is iOS trash again?
Because iOS owners are faggots who like to bitch how unique are they.
iOS may be solid, but it attracts faggots and therefore is trash.

>Security is a big issue.
I agree somewhat
>Google doesn't give a single fuck about what goes in the Play Store, unless it's malware. And even then, it might stay up for a few months.
Play protect is a thing now
>Google is basically incapable of incorporating their own Material Design guidelines in every part of Android, which leads to a very inconsistent user experience
All of googles apps and samsungs skin is all based on material design, i found nothing that isn't following it after taking a 5 minutes run over my system apps, if you had said 3rd party apps you'd have a point here
>There is zero customer support (not that anyone on Sup Forums would ever need it; it's just that it's nice to have)
I agree
>Android tends to implement features "first" without worrying much about how well it works at all. see: face unlock
I like bleeding edge
>messaging with Android is a big mess
It has access to SMS and WhatsApp/Telegram what more do you need?
>Glitchy as FUCK, although lag is no longer much of a problem with newer phones
Yes, lag is non-existent after I turned down animation scales
>Update adoption rates are laughable
Security updates aren't part of the main updates anymore
>Let's face it: Android OEM skins are pretty fugly and third party apps tend to follow suit
Fucking this, I had to tweak the fuck out of samsungs skin to make it good
>Kind of hard to find cases for your device if it's anything other than a Galaxy whatever
You can find cases for every phone on amazon, unless it's some really obscure chinkphone (not counts xaomi)
>Experience is generally terrible
Why?

>Good thing you can't torrent or whatever
I can block ads systemwide and install hentai apps too :^)

Meanwhile I have actually decent phone and don't need to visit a store at all unless I have alzheimers or alcoholism and my hands shake like motherfucker.
>Reminder that time is money
and you don't spend well either by buying overpriced phone with less features and (bi)annual run to the store

It's 2018, learn how to microsolder and repair boards, you fucking mongoloid. Apple's warranties are a joke too. Macbook 2011 issues finally being covered by warranty in 2014, anyone? Can't wait for the iPhone X touch issues to finally be covered by warranty or repaired by apple for free, sometime in like, oh, 2025.

Yeah, time is money, and considering apple charge you hundreds of dollars for minor repairs or replace the whole phone, if they even cover whatever happened to it (like it bending, or overheating, or bricking itself), I'd say buying apple shite isn't worth my time.

androidflagship.com/2185-restore-warranty-android-device/amp

T. Milk drinking fag
>buying overpriced fruit shit that some chinkshit can do for 10% the pr8ce

If Apple was so bad and so weak why does every tech review continue to compare the latest and greatest device to the iPhone? Why do YT channels like Unboxed Therapy (who is seriously android bias) keep reviewing Apple products when the vast, vast majority of their user base is android?

The argument of Android vs Apple is old and boring now. The only things I wish iPhone had was split screen multitasking and a little more customization otherwise it's fine.

People who have problems with Android; however, do it to themselves. Fucking around with illegal torrents and downloading shit they shouldn't. People trying too hard to replace their laptop/PC with their phone.

I like a lot of what android has to offer, but it's too fragmented. Too many cooks in the kitchen. I'll stick with Apple's customer service, reliability, constant updates, smoother and more aesthetic apps, seamless continuity with the ecosystem, and overall experience.

I'm not going to spend $800 on a piece hardware only to have to take it home to root it and install an entirely different OS.

I don't care how amazing the specs are on this or that Google or Samsung device or what new gimmicks this or that phone has. Until "android" can match Apple in the things I listed in the above paragraph - it will continue to lag behind Apple.

You'd be right if the note8 didn't cost as much as an iPhone and most people didn't get their phones on a plan.

Nice bait though

But the value depends on what you have an excess of.
When this happened, I was a student, so the 2 hours (and a week worth of waiting time) was not worth the extra money an iphone would have cost me.

> replace their laptop/PC with their phone.
It is a PC with a touch interface. Even iPhones are.

Alternatively for Android:
>Bug comes out on (I think) 6.0
>Breaks Bluetooth streaming
>Last patch HTC does for the One m8 is that, never bother to fix it

Annoyed the fuck out of me, went to Nexus straight after

>I'll stick with Apple's customer service, reliability, constant updates, smoother and more aesthetic apps, seamless continuity with the ecosystem, and overall experience
All of those are a non-issues if you aren't a brainlet who needs customer support and can't flash linage

>Why do YT channels like Unboxed Therapy (who is seriously android bias) keep reviewing Apple products when the vast, vast majority of their user base is android?
How come a marketer disguised as a YouTube "content creator" doesn't provide information in the best interest of consumers?
>Fucking around with illegal torrents and downloading shit they shouldn't. People trying too hard to replace their laptop/PC with their phone.
Cute pasta by the way. Have a sage.

Why would I want to flash lineage? If android is so great why do I need to DO anything other than just use it?

I'm not going to spend $60,000 on a new car only to take it home and put a different engine in it.

It's almost as if you believe that analogy is in any way relevant.

Because the YT channels are just about views and making YT money. Channels like UT KNOW their following is 90% pro-android. They make their content to make their viewers feel better about their devices.

>GUYS watch as I pretend to be objective about the competition while I subtly tell you how shitty it is and how awesome YOU are for buying android! Now like and subscribe!

I was being facetious with that reply. Valuable reply though, as there are people who are clearly unaware of what you've said on this board of all places.

1. You didn't answer the question. If android is so awesome, why do I need lineage?
2. It is relevant. Wtf in their right mind goes out to spend $800 on something only to take it home to completely change it?

I don't care about the supposed pro-Android bias of his or any similar channels. The concept of "unboxing" channels like his is repulsive and inane.

Oh especially on this board.

If you haven't noticed, smartphones don't cost as much as cars.
>If android is so awesome, why do I need lineage?
The operating system itself is, but OEMs aren't. And why wouldn't you want the freedom to computing as you wish on a device you bought with your own money? All custom ROMs are open source, therefore you can limit profiling, data mining, uninstall unnecessary system apps, acquire additional functionality and get security updates faster (another fault of the OEMs).

Android is shit, who told you otherwise?
Lineage is slightly less shit because you can opt to not install Google Play Services (GPS).
If you love botnets, GPS is required for a lot of apps on the play store.
But it is possible to run a modern system without GPS and if you do, lineage is much better.
Ultimately, it would be better if we could go back to when malware was illegal, but that was "anti competitive" for companies like google that mainly produces malware these days.

To do computing*

Every modern Android Flagship is just as if not more expensive than the latest iPhones, this meme has to end.

Xiaomi is a huge ass corporation bugboy, they're literally the apple of China.

>buy oneplus
>warranty covers software modifications

>not fixing the bug on ASOP, compiling and flashing the new ROM while in a nigger free environment

>Play protect is a thing now
Yes enjoy the botnet goy

Consumerist pigs like you would buy shit if it were priced 4000 euro

It’s amazing just how easy it is to bait skids on Sup Forums