What was your longest programming session?

What was your longest programming session?

20hrs straight trying to finish my final project for some class

15-18 hours with small breaks to eat and bathroom

Plz specify amount of coffee needed for such endeavors

>asking this question on Sup Forums which is full of 17 year old clueless freetards that don't even practice what they preach

>Coffee in 2018

800mg Modafinil

3 espresso (wake up, lunch, dinner) and roughly 20 cigarettes. I was in a hurry with a deadline aswell. Problem with such things is you (at least me) can focus and be 100% productive for only about 4-5 hours straight and need an hour to focus. After that time you go on with sheer force of desperation, but you aren't as productive.

I don't drink coffee but I had like 3 mountain dew kickstarters and a lot of rice

Maybe like 6 hours doing C homework. I'm getting gud tho.

Where can I get moda?

Where can I get modafinil?

Maybe 5 hours, doing some work with d3js (js is shit).
I don't do coffee cause it tastes like Satan's anus. I also don't get any less than 8 hours of sleep.
My entire life has been a competition to out half-ass myself. It's going well. Landed a well paying job, getting sent on business trips and shit.

Maybe like 6 hours or so, if you start getting tired you start making retarded mistakes and your overall productivity just falls so much I don't really see a point in a very long session, if I have a deadline tomorrow i'd just go to sleep and wake up a bit earlier than usual and try to finish my job in the morning

16 hours

Nothing, sheer motivation

48 hours during the global game jam a month ago

A couple minutes before I lose interest, tab away, then come back again in half an hour or so. It literally takes me days to write a trivial shell script. Programming is incredibly sterile and unfulfilling in comparison to many other productive activities. When I did project Euler problems, I had more fun with the maths than the programming itself.

>sheer motivation
Where to obtain

Prescription only in Clapistan.

whynotboth.jpg

>Start doing thing.
>Get into it. Like, REALLY into it.
>Say/think things like "I'm a little hungry, but it can wait. I'm almost done with this bit." Don't look at clocks, don't respond to cellphone, etc. Repeat for 12+ hours.
>Survive and finally look at clock. "Woah. I suddenly gotta use the bathroom."
>Eat everything.
>Collapse in bed feeling insane, yet sexually fulfilled (the former will fade after the first few times).

Practice, basically.

You might just have trouble focusing lmao

I find that it's much easier to focus on writing code when you set up an iterative workflow, e.g. implementing a feature and then building it with make repeatedly as you make small improvements. This helps with the reward cycle of programming for me mentally.

Probably 5-6 hours. I only program a couple times per year.

probably about 4 days no sleep at all back around 1983. Was making a game for someone on sinclair spectrum probably the most time away from the keyboard was about an hour or two. I was pretty fanatical about finishing stuff and also modifying the code down to the most minimal it could be. Whole thing was done in a mixture of assembly language and BASIC. I still have a copy somewhere but it is on an audio cassette LOL and I dont have a cassette player hahaha - Yup old bastard talking here

DAYS NIGGA

D A Y S

>modafinil is prescription only in freedomville
You can guy it online, legally, without a prescription.

t. Americlap.

This is also total waste in terms of dosage. And, if anything, you would be better served by 250mg armodafinil daily.

About 20 minutes

If you mean just mashing code 15-20 hours.
If you mean overall development work around 60 hours.

Honestly, this sounds like a good time. Programming without the constant noise and attention grabbing that is the internet these days.
Just a nerd (in the best old school sense of the word) and his computer.

Probably around 18-20 hours. That was back in the day when I was broke and couldn't go out to eat for lunch, so I'd just hammer through.

does front end counts?

9am till 5:30am (power outtage and net died)

3 minutes

>kickstarter
15 year old's energy drink, it doesn't do shit

When the KGB tried to brainwash me for 72 hours back in the 80's.

>Modafinil
please... if you do something else than amphetamine you should't be allow to program

Sup Forums doesn't know how to program, it's just full of anime-obsessed, shitposting NEETs

more than a day straight for projects. I've played video games for much longer than that, not a problem for me.

>"Plz specify amount of coffee needed for such endeavors"
>"Plz"
>"coffee"
>"endeavors"
>le brogrammerz work on coffee meme xD
>le Ah am speaking fancy meme xD
>le much impressed so wow meme xD
When will fucking undergrads leave this fucking website forever?

1 hour.
If something is taking more than that - you are doing it wrong and you need a shitpost break.

>letting your cat sleep on your desk
should've cut his balls off

A workday during the release phase can easily reach 15 hours.
But if we talk about dealing with a single specific task via non-stop coding that would be 3 hours or so.

Old = respect deserved.

Projection

~40 hours. I'd wake up, code for about 12 hours straight with only brief breaks to eat/shit/etc, go to bed, then wake up and repeat. God I wish I could always have that focus, most of the time I get bored and lose steam 2-3 hours in. Especially when I realize either my project is retarded, or that I am.