I just dropped my second album, what am I supposed to do now?

I just dropped my second album, what am I supposed to do now?

I've been hyping this album with pictures and videos during the creation, as well as singles up until today when I released the full album for free.

The thing is I have no idea what to do now. My goal with this album is to build a fan base, and I have uploaded the album to streaming sites such as Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, BandCamp, YouTube and so forth but is there anything else left to do besides waiting for people to listen?

I do gig from time to time but I live in a small city so the only ones who come and listen are my friends and family so I don't feel like I get anything out of gigging. The larger cities don't accept an unsigned piece of shit like me to come and play haha.

I appreciate any help at all.

Best regards, Andrew Blu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4TLVSjUZUJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have no advice for you but good luck with your career user.

Thank you very much!

Do you play classical or jazz?
If not, end your music career now, because anything other than those two genres are objectively shit.

I'm sure there are small venues in larger cities that will accept you.
Every artist has gotta do the 'toilet tour', hah

>anyone who likes anything other than my favorite genres is an idiot
Fucking retard, kill yourself.
OP, keep at it man. Mind posting some links here?

It's not what I like or dislike, it's what is objectively shit or not.
Like being short, usuay 5'5" or around that. You are an objetively, genetically inferior, manlet,, therefore, you should not be allowed to reproduce.

I couldn't agree more. Actually I can. Psychedelic rock and funk are probably the two genres closest to my heart, and the kind of music which I _really_ want to play.

But unfortunately I don't. The reason why is mainly because I don't have any people to play, so with that in mind I have to make everything myself, and I can only play piano, acoustic guitar and drums.

Because of that, and of my goal to be able to make music for the rest of my life; I make pop music. But it's not the regular kind of pop music that you hear on the radio these days; it's drum samples from gangster hip-hop that plays a jazzy rhythm in sixteenth swing and with a touch of funk.

Of course, here's the full album on YouTube!

youtube.com/watch?v=4TLVSjUZUJk

eugenics is objectively shit

>music
>objectively shit
You are the cancer which has ruined this board.

> he doesn't get the difference between objective and subjective

> sub 120 detected.

Eugenics is like a faster form of natural selection.
Ever heard of music theory?
There is a reason why Bach is better than some feminist sitting onto a canvas and recording it.
>Manlet detected
Also, see the reply above this one.

>Manlet detected

Still better than being a sub 120. I assume that you listen to classical music just as a fashion statement while not actually being capable of understanding it.

>Eugenics is like a faster form of natural selection.
if someone's genetically fucked up to the point that it's a problem, they're probably not going to pass on their genes anyway
messing with the process is an enormous waste of time and effort

hey man this is fucking great
play more shows man for real

>Bach is better
Says who? You? And you assume you have superior taste just because your retarded brain says so?
Kill yourself you insecure faggot.

if that is your album cover, i gotta tell you, it's the ugliest thing i have ever seen in my entire life.

Good Luck with your career my dude.

Keep shilling your shit to labels I guess

Thank you so much!!

Yeah, that is my album cover. I like it, and I believe that is what matters the most :)

>There is a reason why Bach is better than some feminist sitting onto a canvas and
recording it.

A large amount of people is going to agree with you (me included) but that doesn't mean it's an objective fact. On their own words like good or bad can't exist in a context of objectivity user.

poor mans Jon Bellion 2bh (if you don't know of him, you'll love him)

have you considered collaborating with someone or contributing a composition to a pop group or something

ou won't make anything from pop unless you're groomed and planted by the industry. Just make meme rap or /bleep/

I didn't listen to your music, but I can tell you picked the worst, most cancerous website to have any serious discussion about music.

like seriously man I was expecting it to be dogshit like everything else spammed in background/soundcloud threads but I'm sharing it with a few mates, it's really lovely.

The mentality every DIY musician needs to have is play, play, play. You've got material, just keep finding small places you can play in, bands that want you as support, and play!

Haha dude I know him AND I love him!!! He's my biggest inspiration, as you obviously heart :D

Yes I have. Track number 12 on the album is a collab with the world's greatest bass player age 16-17 (he won WCOPA in LA 2012(?)).

Other than that, I have sent a few tracks to various pop groups but I have never got response. Not even a "no".

I rap as well. Listen to the track called "Tears from the Soul", I'm rapping in 13/8.

Haha, I think I got better response than I thought I'd get.

Thank you!! It fills my heart with joy to hear! I'm currently looking for a band to back me up but no one wants to do it ideally(?) (without getting paid).

You made average pop music which is actually not that bad considering you're a relatively new artist. If you want to be successful go down the cliche pop road and make obnoxious really catchy shallow music aimed at casual listeners, like 21 pilots for example. Once you have a financial basis try to get "artsy" but only if you care about the music itself.

Alright, thanks! I've never really listened that much to 21 pilots before, but I definitely will :)

Surprisingly nice and friendly thread.
Also good luck OP.

Haha, indeed! Thank you :)

> I have no idea what to do now
make more music

Haha yeah of course, but I was thinking more specifically for the album. Like how am I supposed to get it "out there" besides promoting it with ads on Facebook?

im surprised you havent mentioned sending your stuff to labels
if they see potential and sign you it will defiantly help with promotion
im enjoying the album :)

Okay, I listened to your album. It's pop, but it sounds surprisingly good for a new artist. Keep doing what you do man. Hope you get a deal or something.

You could post it in a bandcamp thread and ask for opinions there.
Also greetings from Finland Swebro.

Unfortunately (almost) all the labels I have tried to contact only accepts music that comes from a trustworthy source; an A&R.

I have distributed my music to Spotify, iTunes, Google Play and so forth to a site that has direct contact with Universal Music as well as A&R's "scouting" for new talents.

So far, no one has listened to my songs.

music's not bad m8, but also not anything all that new.
also, that album art really sucks. that's the first thing that's gonna draw people to your music

Thank you, kind sir!

Kiitos paljon for the advice, I'll be sure to check it out! :)

Thank you! I spent weeks trying to come up with an album cover, but everything was "Ehh..." but then one day I made this and fell for it somehow haha :D

I quite like the cover of solitude for sale, try to keep it minimalist like that, yknow? the cover of when the world stops spinning feels a bit silly, kinda jokey and there's a LOT going on
you have a knack for the kind of music you're making, but it all feels a little, like i dunno disney-esque? and the lyrics don't really do much for me. "the voice inside my head is such a douchey guy" is a bit silly
like, it needs some more edge to it. the recording is great and it's obvious you know what you're doing, music-theory wise, I just feel like it needs something more.
who are your your influences

Thank you very much for your response!!
Yeah, I like the cover for "Solitude for Sale" as well, although it seemed a little too dark for my taste maybe.

You're definitely right it feels silly, but I like it though :)

The lyrics is my "weakest point", I'd rather have someone else writing for me to be honest. Although that particular line is actually one of the few lines that I've really put my thoughts into.

The previous line is "I'm under pressure, it's pushing like (Um-bum-ba-de)" and it's a reference to my biggest idol Freddie Mercury as well as the anxiety that comes from being under a lot of pressure.

"The voice in my head is such a douchey guy" refers to Freddie Mercury's "Mr. Bad Guy" and how it's had such an impact on me that Freddie is now a voice in my head.

My biggest influences are:
Broken Bells, Jon Bellion, Owl City, Pink Floyd, Queen.

I agree with So far your stuff kinda reminds me of Owl City and dream-y pop that was super popular about 5-8 years ago. You need to hire an artist for a cover to be honest man, it doesn't really reflect the music that well and looks like a cover for a chip-tune album.

Yeah, I agree with you. I had to learn the basics of Photoshop through YouTube tutorials to make the artwork haha.

I was about to hire an artist but as an unemployed musician I couldn't afford $250 haha :D

I can art for cheap if you want bro. I've been drawing for quite awhile and I'm in the mist of doing a design degree. I've always wanted to do album art for ages

Ask some Japanese idol group if they'll let one of their members feature on a song you made - they have the kind of fans who buy multiple copies of the same CDs to support the group, so it'd probably sell

Send a mail to [email protected] so I know how to get a hold of you next time! :)

Really? I'll definitely look into it haha :)

I rate it, just keep making music

All I can say man is... Keep doing your thing and yo' gon' be gud' it's some dope stuff bruh

Thank you very much! I definitely will! :D

Sorry bro, sounds too pop for me you know

sent

A O T Y

Okay, well thanks for listening though! :)

Perfect!

I have no idea what that means, sorry haha :D

It's not oasis

0/10

Hahaha fair enough

Album of the Year

Haha, well thank you :D

Sounds really good!

Thank you very much! :)

is ok

i love this op

Thanks for listening!