youtube.com/watch?v=o27P_4of4KU
youtube.com/watch?v=24jJPMwpKBs
youtube.com/watch?v=xwaXl4ncRL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Glenn Danzig is rejoining the Misfits
didn't see that coming.

that's a kickass album cover

I don't know if I'm ready.

The only way to revive /metal/ is to post goat dicks youtube.com/watch?v=ziXejiDKThA

Indeed. Nick Keller has mad skills. Pic related is my current wallpaper. I don't even like the band.

>believing that us mad ghoulish cunts can or will ever die

Damn this shit is gorgeus. Pls revive /metal/ i'll stop shitposting i swear

Soon

Goat dicks belong in the pope's face.
youtube.com/watch?v=E6_ClRDNFY4

>tfw local DM band is doing a night of Death covers tomorrow

Gonna be a good time, lads

I wish I was there

Can someone recommend me some Grindcore like this? The only shit I found was some obscure stuff with an production, which was worse than in Black Metal

youtube.com/watch?v=mbUeyw1ig98

youtube.com/watch?v=mbUeyw1ig98

you've probably already listened to a few of these, but maybe you'll like looking for an answer, internal rot, super fun happy slide, gridlink, agents of abhorrence or wormrot

Rec me some chill, obscure black metal bands.
I like Horna and Peste Noire.

depends what you mean by chill

try these maybe: youtube.com/watch?v=EPEmHjOse6s
youtube.com/watch?v=AFZ5lxrviGA
youtube.com/watch?v=IgG0-n1Bsm4

What is your guys' opinion on Entheos? Their full length really caught me off guard. Really digging it.

Post what you're gonna be jammin to during Trumps inauguration
youtu.be/fDso5mGTrlc

Galaktikon II incoming

When the Mexicans cross the borders youtube.com/watch?v=wqOJD_TdIKY

I saw them live a while back, they were good. Vocalist is pretty hot.

arghoslent on repeat

youtube.com/watch?v=7fxFRS4d9O0

Man that bass sound. I really fucking hope Animosity will come back one day. Evan and Navene got crazy good on their instruments.

Opinion on Nightbringer

So you can brag to your hipster friends about the latest bandcamp finds? No fuck off

youtu.be/fh-TKJTCtnw

essential orthoBM, much moreso than DsO

>implying i have friends
No, i just want more edgy covers for my last.fm collages

I thought we weren't gonna make /metal/ threads anymore?

good meme

I've been bored of most of the death, power and thrash stuff I listen to and just started to realize that I really like that late 70s/early 80s classic metal sound. Where else should I go?

youtube.com/watch?v=kid6AMzcimk
youtube.com/watch?v=sbsn0ZKDLUM

I'm hype. Wish AS would renew Metalocalypse for one last season.

youtube.com/watch?v=msGvEtmR970

This band has some major meme potential
youtube.com/watch?v=cY5SH3NO1HY
youtube.com/watch?v=KRbSIKC3Seg

youtube.com/watch?v=-o-fxjuwEvA
Only logical choice.

it's purely comedic. So no, moderate meme potential at best.

The best meme metal is metal that's mostly serious (even when it's self-aware).
For example you've got The Arrival of Satan, it's this very nasty French BM project that releases albums every 6 years, it's serious and pretty dissonant and bleak, but then the main guy is called Necropiss, and half of his songs are about genital mutilation and getting fucked in the ass; and he obviously sings while masturbating.
THAT is major meme potential.

How the fuck does mgla get so much critical acclaim? they're good, but not 3.7+ RYM good.

It's their name.

You can say it without sounding edgy, and you have to know a little bit of Polish to pronounce it right, which allows you to feel smarter than your friends who pronounce it "mughlah" instead of "mgwah".

That's literally it.

Especially this album which is bland. WHTN was much better.

>Where else should I go?
since you like quartz check out NWOBHM. I assume you are already acquainted with the big, popular classic NWOBHM bands so check out blitzkrieg, sledgehammer, satan, cloven hoof, and chateaux.

since you like bow wow check out the other early 70s/80s jap meal bands like anthem, earthshaker, 野獣 (beast), seikima-II, and loudness.

I agree with you on the fact that they aren't terrible. Better then so much of the stuff that comes from Bandcamp, but they definitely not good when compared to first and second wave BM. I guess they're just similar to Behemoth were they're getting popular so entry level metalheads find them easy to listen to / just listen to them because they're popular. They're just becoming entry level and will soon be the top pick for getting into BM by non "trve" metalheads.

hey don't diss Behemoth, they're obviously too catchy to remain underground but that's not something you can reproach them with.

Question: Do you guys listen to metal mostly on headphones or speakers? How many a hours a day do you spend listening to metal?

I never dissed Behemoth, I just stated that they're pretty much one of the most popular DM bands out there right now.
>popular != bad unless you're a faggot hipster

Speakers

I mostly binge on metal two days a week and listen to a little other stuff the rest of the time

I just finished Nightbringers first album. Please tell me they get better

>tfw i've been saying "mig-luh" this whole time
good thing i don't have friends to talk with about music

Blackened Mötley Crüe when?

Speakers
Nowadays, less than one hour

Headphones

>How many hours a day to you spend listening to metal
For the sake of listening to the music probably 2-3 hours just to listen to albums I haven't heard already, though I probably spend another 2 hours listening to metal in the background or casually when I'm driving to and from work.
I can't listen to meal all day because my job is shit, my dog's demanding, and have moonrunes cartoons to keep up with.

I don't know I wanted this

Listen to Ego Dominus Tuus.

a little but it's mostly the same formula. Slow writhing dissonant riffs and vocals like sulphuric acid, with the occasional choir/ritual ambient passage.

Hierophany of the Open Grave is a little easier on the ears I'd say.

If I'm on my computer then I use the speakers (Audioengine A2+) and if I'm not then I use my Sony MDRV6's. I don't listen to metal all the time, but if I did (which I do some days) then it's around 5-7 hours.

its not bad

Since Vektor is a meme band, I'm looking for some new progressive thrash. I just got this CD, and I'm liking it so far. Anyone familiar with Mekong Delta?

If Forgotten Tomb can somehow manage to combine black metal and groove metal organically, then I'm pretty sure blackened glam is doable.

the CNK is as close as it gets for now, and some of Cradle's grooviest shit as well but it's just not the right formula yet.

Why are dissonant bm fans so fucking obnoxious ?

I've listened to them a little, I liked the music of Erich Zann more than their other albums, and the principle of doubt is tight too.

But let's not kid ourselves, Vektor's way cooler.

because they think listening to it makes them legit wizards

Still, dissonant BM is best BM. Except DsO because it has no majesty and grandeur.

Cans.
Does Babymetal count? then more than three. if no, then at least one.

what is the most majestic dissobm album

They are.

But let's not kid ourselves even more....this tops everything

youtube.com/watch?v=R4Ly8nstfxo

Not sure, probably Abigor's Leytmotiv Luzifer
and The Satanist is DM but it takes a lot of inspo from orthoBM

dissonant bm is the best of really bad black metal
I'll take DSO over atmoshit or symphonic garbage

Phobos is Voivod's best concept album though, even if Cosmic Drama has the best intro of their whole discography.

>But let's not kid ourselves, Vektor's way cooler.
Nigga you high?

>The Satanist is DM but it takes a lot of inspo from orthoBM
The Satanist is pretty much symphonic dissonant BM, i've never heard any death metallish parts in it

it actually sounds completely different. The first one was very drab and monotonous

the original Voivod lineup is so loveable.

>The Satanist
>dissonant

>europeans, americans, aussies and nips have been producing lots of metal since the 70s

>africans, arabs, western, central, and southern asians are only starting to get larger metal scenes recently and even then these scenes are just copying 20-30 year old bands

I never managed to get into Phobos. Too noisy for me.

IMO pic related is their best album

inb4 shitstorm

Pioneers pioneer. Plebeians follow.

>youtube.com/watch?v=6eq2wgakP5Y

I know mate. Blacky actually inspired my current hairstyle kek

Too bad some faggots thought I was copying Skrillex

>the last 30 seconds with all those pictures of lab animals
shit got too real.

I like that album but it's really melodic
dissonant is shit like youtube.com/watch?v=dPop6rL2oZs

melodic is shit like early Dimmu Borgir. Or early Behemoth, actually.

>developed 1st world countries produce better music scenes

Gee, who would have thought?

I seriously don't understand the praise DsO gets. It's some of the most pretentious shit I've ever heard.

You forgot South America, lots of great black metal and blackened thrash comes from there

and death metal

youtube.com/watch?v=o27P_4of4KU

South America produced some of the most brutal and aggressive metal ever.

That too
youtube.com/watch?v=24jJPMwpKBs

This

Who says third worlders can't make decent metal?

You answered your own question

the scope, the attention to detail and in general the aura of mysticism was unheard (or unheard in that scale at least) during the time SMR,C came out.

In 2004 black metal was either norsecore, depressive boredom or symphonic fairy twinkle. Hell SMR, C kickstarted a trend that still going strong and Fas/Paracletus kickstarted another one.

this FUCKING music video
youtube.com/watch?v=xwaXl4ncRL8

Post some Death Metal bands similar to cannibal corpse and six feet under. I like the groovy sound.

Thoughts?

yeah except our boy Snorre had been making dissonant riffs for a decade and Dissection were already into the whole anticosmic jizz.

I like it, but it gets boring pretty quickly

their drumming makes me hard as diamonds

Debauchery, lad.

yeah well every instrument they play sounds like drums

are you memesters still doing this?

They create very interesting soundscapes. I dont even like BM but I like dso.