Pop-Punk Thread

What are some of your favorite pop-punk albums/artists?

These are a few of mine in no particular order, pretty basic stuff as you can see.

Got any lesser known recs?

Other urls found in this thread:

skerding.bandcamp.com/album/gunnar
youtube.com/watch?v=McR06z3SUjo
youtu.be/1naP9GLz0iI?list=PL4VYFygGLAWZVcbRWGrg-SFDcH5jJ6O6t
youtube.com/watch?v=Po3jjnXkjP0
youtube.com/watch?v=sneZ0GwEvEc&list=PLQHfQpq_blc4DxyVxEzTk8ce9WoO0ohro
youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6xOXt4Mm8
youtube.com/watch?v=AF-CtZ5OR4A
youtube.com/watch?v=JQ98YG3X-u4
youtube.com/watch?v=eRyTi6teu2Q&list=PLHzT_qYP4lJuovSi3c_53f3QfD9VqC6jX
youtube.com/watch?v=iC7VJQNE22U
youtube.com/watch?v=nRa8-AB4Wyk
youtube.com/watch?v=zkIUiL2tGso
youtube.com/watch?v=w7ua9Pchano
youtube.com/watch?v=g9IUaF57pWU
youtube.com/watch?v=nQSDSZWN8f0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp85wmo3fCY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_JRLgJIHo
youtu.be/MC8nDOXzMYw
youtube.com/watch?v=o0c-kC8xZ-I
youtube.com/watch?v=GYH0alqElV4
youtube.com/watch?v=e4t4LrFz5No
youtube.com/watch?v=K4bhOKqqlDo
youtu.be/_NX6duV7ipQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vgjg_SJnLWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally the worst genre in music

This is probably pop punk

i usually hate fall out boy, but folie is pretty good

I can stand the shit in that pic more than most modern pop punk bands like modern baseball or neck deep.

All my friends back home listen to that shit and i just don't get it

thanks for answering my question and opening a thread that was clearly not made for you. please go back to your Death Grips threads.

This is a gem for me. Something about it just clicks with me. I think that I just find it so easy to sing along to and the melodies are fun and light and there seems a degree of sincerity with what they are trying to do.

I think that's the appeal of pop punk, the naive sincerity of the groups that they lost in their later albums and make them sound sterile and manufactured. Or I'm just nostalgic for a time in my life when this music was prominent.

early 2000s nostalgia is a nice thing for some people.

Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit
Blink-182 - Dude Ranch
Green Day - Insomniac
Lagwagon - Trashed
The Lawrence Arms - Oh Calcutta
The Offspring - Ignition
Zebrahead - Waste of Mind

IIIIIII WILL NEVER END UP LIIKE HIM

modern baseball is way better than neck deep

>Zebrahead

shit, I forgot about them. I remember them from the old Tony Hawk game soundtracks.

I remember back in high school, Green Day was shoved down my throat every day and I never liked their music.

>degree of sincerity

I totally agree, and the music is pretty fun as well.

I'll totally give them a listen, thanks user.

I like them, but they are pretty overrated.

They've got quite a few decent albums surprisingly. The rap vocals can be cringe at times but they're one of the few bands i can think of that tried a rap/rock mix

Literally this, Headfirst Slide is GOAT late 2000s indie pop

this

they are also a running gag
whatever festival lineup you see, they are on it
there are probably three Zebrahead versions currently touring

Title Fight. All other pop punk I find unappealing for some probably shallow reason but whatever.

More hardcore punk but I think it still belongs here.

A pop-punk thread, holy fuck.

r.i.p Sup Forums.

back to your KPOP General.

I'm 24. When I was younger pop-punk was all the rage but I never listened to it. Did I miss anything? Is it worth checking out or is it all pretty much trash?

I personally enjoy MCR's Black Parade and Danger Days. Everything except that I hate.

Not OP btw

Most is trash desu but if you look for it you can find some very fun, punchy, pop albums with a little bit of bratty attitude.

Enema of the State by blink-182 is very fun.

All Killer, No Filler is an essential pop-punk album.

Pop-punk isn't too serious, it's just meant to be fun with a little angst on the side.

If you like those two you can branch out farther.

If you're under 27 you can still appreciate pop-punk.

dookie and enema of the state and then what the fuck happened OP? did you turn into a 9 year old girl?

Seriously this

i grew out of Green Day but I still think When I Come Around is a pretty good song

>Danger Days

my nigga

THE FUTURE IS BULLETPROOF

We are the 1%

I grew up on Fall Out Boy, MCR, and Panic! so I don't hate them like most people do. I liked them before it was cool to hate them.

You've gotta be in the right mind set.

Don't go into pop-punk looking for music to sit and actively listen to. Do try to download some pop-punk and grab your bike and go for a ride, preferably around some beat-to-shit part of your neighborhood or a park or something.

It's a solid genre if you just want some positive sounds, it's doesn't exactly take itself seriously.

Unrelated:
Here is a free album of Icelandic Pop-punk. It's actually pretty solid. Come to think of it, listening to pop-punk in a language you don't understand probably just cements the feels that you get from pop-punk.

skerding.bandcamp.com/album/gunnar

Would you consider this pop punk?
youtube.com/watch?v=McR06z3SUjo

Party Poison, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, and Summertime are some really underrated songs.

I also feel Na Na Na [Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na] is second only to Welcome To The Black Parade.

I really wish MCR did what Fall Out Boy did with Save Rock and Roll and make a music video for every song on the album and put it together to make a movie.

I'd pay to see more of that world they made for Danger Days. Felt like a Mad Max fan-film.

Just a reminder that The Young and the Hopeless is one of the best pop-punk albums ever.

youtu.be/1naP9GLz0iI?list=PL4VYFygGLAWZVcbRWGrg-SFDcH5jJ6O6t

boxcar racer

>mentioning pop punk
>no new found glory
goat t b h

>fall out boy
>not recognizing TTTYG as the best album

Yes because there aren't 237375 other threads you could go fucking look at

THE AFTERMATH IS SECONDARY

1. Folie à Duex
2. From Under The Cork Tree
3. Take This To Your Grave
4. Infinity On High
5. American Beauty/American Psycho
6. Save Rock and Roll
7. PAX AM Days
8. Evening Out With Your Girlfriend

all of them are great albums, only reason PAX is so low is because it's way too short.

What a Catch, Donnie is fucking fantastic.

IT'S TIME TO DO IT NOW AND DO IT LOUD

this shit is pretty good. Know anything similar?
youtube.com/watch?v=Po3jjnXkjP0

I love all the 90s stuff, this is the only pop punk post 2005 or so I've enjoyed

youtube.com/watch?v=sneZ0GwEvEc&list=PLQHfQpq_blc4DxyVxEzTk8ce9WoO0ohro

thank you for existing

youtube.com/watch?v=Yf6xOXt4Mm8

taking back sund

youtube.com/watch?v=AF-CtZ5OR4A

ditto

youtube.com/watch?v=JQ98YG3X-u4

youtube.com/watch?v=eRyTi6teu2Q&list=PLHzT_qYP4lJuovSi3c_53f3QfD9VqC6jX

definitely underrated

>What a Catch, Donnie

True, true

My list would probably be like :
1.Take This To Your Grave
2.Save Rock & Roll (don't kill me, I just like it, can't explain it)
3.From Under The Cork Tree
4.Infinity On High
5.Folie a Duex
6.PAX AM Days
7. Evening Out With Your Girlfriend
8(Last) - ABAP

KILLJOYS MAKE SOME NOISE

youtube.com/watch?v=iC7VJQNE22U

Underrated af, this should be in every essential Pop punk chart.
youtube.com/watch?v=nRa8-AB4Wyk
youtube.com/watch?v=zkIUiL2tGso
youtube.com/watch?v=w7ua9Pchano
youtube.com/watch?v=g9IUaF57pWU
youtube.com/watch?v=nQSDSZWN8f0
And the GOAT:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp85wmo3fCY

Good Charlotte and Simple Plan are the only bands that I've only seen hate for even from pop punk fans. I'm surprised they have any defenders on Sup Forums.
Good Charlotte is the worst by far, tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_JRLgJIHo

>liking american radass by dads

>killing you for liking a fantastic album

youtu.be/MC8nDOXzMYw

Post-Breakup Fall Out Boy was been really good in my opinion, a lot of purists would disagree but Stump and co wanted to reinvent the band and become something new and I have the upmost respect for them for doing that.

Good list, but I have to ask about AB/AP. I'm curious about its position.

I agree. Used to enjoy it when I was younger but times have changed.

I just really didn't like it. I loved SR&R because I felt like it was a pretty great blend of pop and rock music, but for ABAP I feel like it went from 50% rock 50% pop to 30% rock 70% pop. Just too poppy for me to like. Irresistible is a good song though, and centuries isn't bad

Direct Hit!
Masked Intruder
The Menzingers
Off With Their Heads
Lipstick Homicide
Crusades
Joyce Manor
Dan Vapid and the Cheats
Hey! hello!
Teenage Bottlerocket
Banner Pilot

Are all good and modern pop punk bands.

DRUGS, GIMME DRUGS
GIMME DRUGS, I DON'T NEED IT
BUT I'LL SELL WHAT YOU GOT
TAKE THE CASH AND I'LL KEEP IT
EIGHT LEGS TO THE WALL
HIT THE GAS, KILL EM' ALL
AND WE CRAWL, AND WE CRAWL, AND WE CRAWL
YOU BE MY DETONATOR

youtube.com/watch?v=o0c-kC8xZ-I

The nostalgia

And also, putting anything that came out post hiatus in the top 3 FOB albums is like blasphemy to most of their fans lol

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me

How come everytime I post the Queers in a pop punk discussion it gets no love? They are the BEST pop punk band and it's not debatable

youtube.com/watch?v=GYH0alqElV4

damn i remember when this song came out and everyone sang it for a bit. killer video.

Hell yah man. You are new Sup Forums waifu

this nigga has taste

fair enough, it gets a bit poppy at times.

The only reason I put it above SR&R is because with AB/AP I just ended up loving all the songs in the order it was put in and for some reason they all pulled me in.

For SR&R I really, really love The Phoenix and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, and then I casually listen to the rest of the album (up until Rat a Tat and the title song, which get in my head and are very memorable) and like it but the songs didn't really end up in my head like with AB/AP. Not to diss anything from Save Rock and Roll, everything on it is really good.

in my opinion Save Rock and Roll starts off much stronger and ends much stronger than AB/AP, while AB/AP I enjoy at the same level all the way through, which I guess I just ended up liking more.

I think my favorite song from it would be either Novocaine or Twin Skeletons.

>I just ended up loving all the songs in the order it was put in and for some reason they all pulled me in.
Yep, same for me and SR&R

>but the songs didn't really end up in my head like with AB/AP

Fair enough, the album isn't as catchy as ABAP

Chronicles of Life and Death I liked a lot.

People only know one song by them.

Sure, OP!
I'll start, since no one's taken the opportunity yet to do so.

OP, dookie is the only album in your pic that is actually pop punk. The rest of that shit is all alternative rock or even just power pop. Most of that stuff was inspired by Dookie era green day who were themselves inspired by the ramones, the buzzcocks, and the clash. The rest of those really have no connection at all to the punk tradition. Also milo goes to college managed to simultaniously be both the best hardcore album and the best pop punk album

I think Simple Plan is 2bh.

Oh, spoke too soon.
If this is what you're into, I'm going to rec a NJ band
youtube.com/watch?v=e4t4LrFz5No

>Masked Intruder
Yes, bro. Holy shit, does this fucking band have a lot of fun. Looks like they have one member who's only job it is to do is dance with the audience.
Saw them with Teenage Bottlerocket and the Queers.

hey I liked that song. I'm an album kind of dude so which one should I start with. You've intrigued me.

> Also milo goes to college managed to simultaniously be both the best hardcore album and the best pop punk album
No, no fucking way. Milo is a great album, and one of the top pop punk releases, but hardcore?
I think this is more you thinking that hardcores a more legitimate style, and an attempt to defend the Descendants.
Broski, neither the band, nor the genre needs that defense.

Milo's pop through and through.

blink-182 HAS to be pop-punk. isn't it?

The album that track comes from isn't a bad point to start, but I think there's a lot of filler going on with that one.

I'd go with Love Songs For the Retarded, in a heartbeat, though. Check this: youtube.com/watch?v=K4bhOKqqlDo
If that's your jam, there's scant a bad track on the album.

Or, Grow Up. (For Goodbye California, Rambo Rat, Burger King Queen, I Met Her at the Rat, Boobarella, Love Love Love)

I wonder what they've got in store for us in the future.

Their rap collaboration album didn't really do it me.

I wish they'd do more collaborations with Brendon Urie.

youtu.be/_NX6duV7ipQ

thanks for the rec.

objectively the best band of this genre

No probs. They're a very solid band.
One of the few I've seen every.single.time. they come around. Very energetic and fun live.

Doesn't seem to matter they're gaining on grandfather age these days.

I listed to Radiosurgery recently. It was enjoyable.

everyone of those was me LOL. will check out your band from NJ. I'm old guy this was the 'scene' i grew up in

glad you liked it. That track is from Punk Rock Confidential, which is more pop and the band is kinda old.

To me, the quintessential pop punk era Queers albums are Love Songs for the Retarded and Don't Back Down

Anything with this sticker on it

the only good answer in this thread

>I don't like fun

Panic! at the Disco power rankings:

1. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
2. Pretty. Odd.
3. Death of a Bachelor
4. Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
5. Vices & Virtues

This better be worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vgjg_SJnLWw

mcr is the only good band on this chart.

A pop-punk thread and nobody mentions The Ramones, (The GODFATHERS/INVENTORS of Pop Punk) The Buzzcocks, The Undertones, or even The Descendents? I mean I can understand people overlooking The Suicide Commandos, but, c'mon, people! LAME!