Other urls found in this thread:

interpersonal.stackexchange.com/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

look in the mirror, Sup Forums user.

first
nvm fixed it

This is a duplicate of the following thread: [completely unrelated thread]

Locking this thread until about two days after you edit the OP to explain why it's different, by which point it will be completely forgotten.

Cuz their shits always fucked up.

You need to go back.

check out the interpersonal stack exchange site
interpersonal.stackexchange.com/
the place is a riot

this is why I hate stackoverflow. I use it but I never post because they always pull this bullshit. fucking soyoverflow powertripping faggots. this is why sites that allow you to build a "reputation" or allow voting up content are cancerous in the end. maybe it would be better if they kept the voting so that best answers get upvoted but removed the part where you have a gay account linked to a gay username. Like each thread could be all anons.

>How to stop a colleague from talking to me about work when I'm on my lunch break?

Good lord.

I agree t b h, just look at how productive we are! Right anons?

>How arrange for a private meeting to 'reveal' my suicide attempt to a group of old friends

we could start chanoverflow and just add a couple features 1. upvoting for best answer to question, 2. id codes w/in the thread to prevent spamming etc. like on /biz/ or Sup Forums 3. threads live forever like on stackoverflow. I would rather ask questions on here w/ my bros but the ephemeral nature doesn't lend itself to tech support in the same way that sites like stackoverflow does.

>Q: How do I do X in this programming language?
>Top voted: You can't, link to some basic tutorials site implying you cant easily do it
>language doest support this feature
>Your not allowed to do that, the tutorials say not to do it
>Why would you want to do that, rather do this which does something completely different
>It's impossible, YOU JUST CANT, END OF STORY
>eventual response down at the bottom posts code which actualy does what the question asks
This happens at least once in every 10 things I look up on it when it involves anything even remotely complicated.

Oh you have some super niche question about some rare coding problem and no one can solve it so they don't up-vote it?

Just let me lock your account so you can't ask anymore questions because your few difficult questions are too hard for the retards that trawl for easy problems to get reputation :)

Whoever designed this shit is retarded. I have like 5 different accounts and they're all banned from asking questions because the issues were either too niche or too difficult.

le upvote

If you play ball with them you can get a response. I always format my questions like this.

>What I want to do
>What my problem is
>Link my code
>Explain what I expected the output to be

Still doesn't stop most of them from being bellends but eventually someone responds.

This is the bad kind of autism

>powertripping
Same problem with Wackypedia editors.

its a completely different kind of angry

probably because ur an idiot who keeps asking how to cache something in asp.net mvc and nobody gives a shit about that kind of bullcrap bloat framework with bloat questions and pajeet devs

As a result, my lunch has gone cold and is inedible.
>Autism intensifies

Rules for happy stackoverflowing:
>a) don't be an autist
>b) ignore the indians

Seriously, I don't have any issue with the site. sure, it might not be perfect (nothing is), but if you have a slightly working brain, you can simply lurk a bit, understand how it works and start using it. The only people that don't get it are indians and brainlet autists.

I've made an account not too long ago because I needed to ask somebody who made a thread a question.
It was not possible because I needed more good boy points like 5 replies or some shit.
There you have your answer:
They put quantity over anything, really.
You're being forced to shitpost to make it there, by design. That drags the median down and makes people angry.
It's always like that in communities with mechanisms like this (forums etc.)

tl;dr bcz it's shit

You're right, they all sound like they're bicyclists.

But.. everyone there is autistic.

No, they are just retarded.

Sounds like a pretty good idea desu, upboats can be useful for the quick id of correct answers, as long as they are only used for that purpose. Perhaps OP selected most helpful answers would suffice

>how do I do c++ that doesn't rely on boost?
>use boost library

Basically hubris.

If you post something mildly interesting on SO sooner or later some core dev of the project you are discussing will show up. That doesn't mean the discussion are any better, the shit posting is just more subtle than on Sup Forums if only for the mods. SO is a lot about mind games, about presenting yourself, building reputation and that's why why you often read shitposts like
>".. on my company (we have 10,000 employees all over the world, currently expanding) we have successfully replaced some of our Python servers with Go servers. Now we got a speed gain of 0.001 femto seconds, which doesn't sound much but.."
It's all just one big dick contest.

It surely doesn't help the case that this site was made by Spolsky, a typical poncey NY queer dev. His article about the "spolsky test" was mildly interesting, so he believes he is some elite software guru or something. You should read his queer and auto aggressive "I would never hire a developer if he isn't willing to dedicate his life to my company" articles sometimes..
And it gets worse because SO actually killed many software forums. So millenials often believe that SO made all this talking about software possible, when in fact it's the other way around and they just centralized certain things while letting other forums die.

Last but not least SO is the mecca of Pajeets and lazy software developers. So you have a weird mixture of a few half decent (and terribly condescending) devs that make quality posts to stroke their egos and a big pool of n00bs around that ask stupid questions and give shit answers. So they use this terribly stupid reputation system to block the Pajeets and n00bs and make the halfway decent devs feel more important. Two birds with one stone.

All in all it would be an somewhat interesting place, but they take themselves way too seriously, so avoid that place unless you need to google a solution for a problem.

Our rating system is called "(you)", dude.

>+1 for answer that uses boost

>what is /sqt/

>angry
They're pendants because they think that makes them right. But in reality if the goal is to help and not grab the good boy points what you do is adjust your answer to your audience. If a kid asks how to get the area of a circle you don't tell them how to do integration of slices using the function for circumference. It may sound like a good idea but they're not at the level to understand all those topics probably.

Also they're in software. They're bound to be mad.

They may be pedants but the quality of the responses is quite solid. I'm not gonna complain.