Kate Bush

Bjork threads are aplenty, but what Kate?

>Favorite songs?
>Favorite albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM
youtube.com/watch?v=QV25-V1cYN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She didn't come into her own until the Sensual World/Red Shoes era. "Third-rate Peter Gabriel ripoff" is a fair judgment of her work up until then.

>Not liking Never for Ever
>Not liking The Dreaming
>Not liking Hounds of Love

For real? The first couple of albums to me aren't anything special, but Never for Ever and afterwards is A+ material

The Red Shoes is awful in comparison to her other albums, and The Kick Inside is a nigh-masterpiece in baroque pop. Never for Ever, The Dreaming, ,Hounds of love and The Sensual World are really great too.

Sad they took off The Dreaming off Spotify awhile ago, my favorite album by her besides Hounds of Love

Best pop song ever
youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

Kate is kinda underrated, imo.

Yeah I really don't like the production of the album. She redid some for Director's Cut and they're quite a bit better.

Her weakest, but still better than 90% of stuff posted on here.

The Hounds of Love doesn't have a bad or weak track on it.

HEATHCLIFF

worst opinion of all time

lionheart is an overlooked classic, that record is so comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=QV25-V1cYN4 Johnny Rotten is a big fan of hers.

anybody with taste is a kate bush fan, she's the fucking GOAT

john lydon is a top lad, all things considered

More or less.

How does Sup Forums feel about her more recent work (aerial, 50 words for snow)? Not quite at the level of her 80s work, but still amazing.

people seem to like Coil here so I'll bump with a Bush-related interview

John Balance: ...we started it here at home on a Fairlight Two, same as Kate Bush used to use. I was really into Kate Bush at the time. You can hear that on the record - if you hear the machinery you can. I used to think that actually somehow she was stealing my ideas - talking about paranoia. I've got notebooks, this was about the time of The Dreaming, I'd write ideas for songs down and then when I heard The Dreaming they'd all be on the album. I think that possibly some kind of parallel psychic space is being carved up there.

Have you ever met Kate?

JB: No, no, I think I'd be too in awe to do it.

The Dreaming is her best album by some way, Get Out Of My House being her best song probably

I liked them both tbqh, but I feel this isnt a widely shared opinion

50 words for snow is the best comfy winter music i've listened to and aerial had a nice surreal feel to it

the main reason why Sup Forums doesn't like aerial is because most people on Sup Forums haven't listened to it

Aerial is amazing and 50 Words For Snow is also great. I want a new album.

Does anyone else find Hounds of Love difficult to listen to because it's so intense or I am just a flaming faggot

the latter

Right on. 50 words is sooooo comfy when it's winter. Throw that on, get a book, a nice blanket and I'm at max levels of comfy.

>she made Wuthering Heights when she was 19

time to end it all

How do we begin to redeem ourselves

I think a bunch of the songs on that album were written when she was even younger than that.

I think she had written the Man with the Child in His Eyes at 15, it was one of the songs David Gilmour first heard of hers

James and the Cold Gun is the shit

Does anyone have one of those flowcharts for her? I really enjoyed Hounds of Love, but I don't know what to listen to next