Gaming cafe

I want to open a gaming cafe in my town. Few basics first, its a relatively small city with around 100k people. And there are already 3 other gaming cafes working pretty nicely.

Now I do know that it is a very large investment and the ROI is pretty slow, with 3 other competitors it is questionable if one small source of earnings will be enough.

So what I thought is to make a sort of community, along with having a regular gaming cafe I would also have a separate space for streamers and teams. I would sponsor these streamers and teams, I would also have them make guides, reviews and similar, possibly attracting sponsors (already have a few local ones interested).

And on top of that, I would also organize different events, competitions and such.

There are enough people interested in doing everything I've mentioned.

So assuming that having people or money for any tasks isn't an issue, what are the things I could add to my gaming cafe/community?

Of course I have to make a profit in the long run, but any suggestions and ideas are welcomed.

Good luck. But not technology.

Are these still a thing? All the ones I knew closed down, including one right across the road from my high school. Good times playing CS 1.5.

sounds like an idea straight out of the "i'm starting a business in my early twenties, have no idea how the world works and am way too optimistic about things" playbook

I am in my early twenties, however, this is not my first business, and where did you get the "way too optimistic" from? This is just an outline for a business plan I have just started working on...

I guess they are still surviving due to the fact that this is a student town, so a lot of people don't have their own PC's. And there are also occasional events they organize. But its still barely surviving, thats why I think pushing for streaming, teams and reviews is better for a revenue.

>those chairs

Organize tournaments for a different game each weekend and advertise them on local Facebook communities, it's bound to attract a diverse group of clients instead of just focusing on CS players. Might be a good idea to sell custom built PCs to poor students for cheap and then try to capture the market of higher end PCs.

Sell snacks and set up a bathroom for clients, it might also be a good idea to setup a small chilling zone for a couple of people where they can play emulator games on a raspberry pi for free or something similar while they wait for friends or just chill.

Also, I forgot to mention, you could charge people a small fee to enter the tournament and give prizes in cash, hardware or stuff like that depending on how much you are charging to enter the tournament.

It would be possible to win over clients from other cafes if they notice your establishment is more involved with its clients in this manner, instead of just milking the money from the kids systematically.

Good luck getting normies to come in...what happens is that you have to attract the worst kind of people imaginable, while feasting on their lack of willpower. You must hook line and sinker these poor souls willing to play games that suck the very life out of them. The freaks, geeks, and neets. They are going to need food snacks and drinks while they sit there for hours.

Don't forget to rack in the trading card game and board game community as well ex: Magic, YGO!, D&D, Warhammer, etc.

If you insanely feel ballsy let in crypto miners if you dare (catch them as well for the lulz).

wait for GPU prices to drop

nobody gives a fuck about reviews or streamers, nobody is going to come to your cafe because there's a streamer with 20 view there.
Do tournaments, get a bar with decent prices and have a VR section

if you can get some csgo lan parties or any esport related comp going on youre good to go. but youre still going to fail miserably

/biz/ is the worst place to go for business advice. It's just fags who "trade" stock using robinhood and buttcoin niggers.

Dude these things went out of fashion 15 years ago even in Eastern Europe

the only lan shops left in my town are run by south Koreans that probably only run it because its traditional for them and not because its viable.

This.
VR with a bar would be popular even among normies.

They're still in fashion in China tho.

>town of 100k
>3 other gaming cafes already
Market is probably over-saturated as is and you're destined to fail without some insane level of product differentiation/marketing gimmick. We're talking like strippers and alcohol and shit, which of course makes it family-unfriendly and denies you the underage kiddie shekels. Good luck OP but I can't see any angle from which this isn't a bad idea.

what these two guys say, maybe once a few weeks invite a local famous streammer to your cafe, but don't focus on that

It wouldn't matter, streamers fanbases don't live in the same location as the streamer and the streamer very rarely lets people know where they live.