Amnesiac Appriciation Thread

Could we get some love for the deepest, most depressing Radiohead album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVNgv-VVNlo
youtube.com/watch?v=j5LT9X9F-YM
youtube.com/watch?v=uUkRRBWWoeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kid A = depression
Amnesiac = anxiety

but yeah its their best album

Pyramid song is so beautifully depressing, since I don't believe I'll ever feel that peaceful.

My fave of theirs

B+

Currently listening to it for the first time, and I think I've heard You and Whose Army? before. maybe it was it in a movie?

Help me out,Sup Forums

top 3 songs
Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors
Pakt Like Sardines
Knives Out

Incendies

Well put, user..well put

This Love lies deep inside, brotha..

You know what, you're right.

I know I might be out of plaace, but does anyone else find The Bends to be the most depressing? personally I guess it just happoends to be relatable to shitty things going on.

Objectively

Pyramid Song = Knives Out > Packt Like Sardines > You and Whose Army? > Like Spinning Plates > Glasshouse > I Might Be Wrong > Dollars & Cents > Hunting Bears > Pulk/Pull > Morning Bell

Knives Out is one of the weakest tracks m8
Morning Bell, Life in a Glasshouse, You And Whose Army are all better.

Like Spinning Plates > rest of Amnesiac

More like
Pulk/Pull = You And Whose Army? > Pyramid Song > I Might Be Wrong > Sardines > Glasshouse > Spinning Plates > Dollars And Cents > Hunting Bears > Morning Bell > Knives Out

well, this kind of says something
everyone's least favorite tracks are someone else's favorite

unlike ok computer/kid a, where everyone hates a few tracks

amnesiac confirmed as biggest grower album of all time

Kid a has noting to do with depression. It's a
fantods at worst.

Im not much of a single guy but Pyramid Song may be my number 1 single of all time

Yeah, Amnesiac is really varied. I don't think anyone really agrees which is 'best', it's an album that tries a lot of different sounds and certain stuff sticks better than others for people. Every track is polarizing.

OBJECTIVE RATINGS COMING THROUGH
Pulk/Pull = Pyramid Song > You and Whose Army? > Sardines > Morning Bell > Life in a Glasshouse > Spinning Plates > Knives Out > I Might Be Wrong > Hunting Bears > Dollars and Cents

Life in a Glasshouse is the most depressing shit I've ever heard, fav closer

That's it, thanks

Great movie too.

When I heard "Life in a Glasshouse" for the first time years ago, I wasn't a huge Radiohead fan. I had listened to OK Computer and Creep and that was it. But when Glasshouse started playing, with that atmospheric synth intro, that beautiful jazz band, and Thom Yorke's wonderful voice, I instantly fell in love. I couldn't believe this was the same band that had made Creep.

And now Life in a Glasshouse is one of my favorite songs of all time, and Radiohead one of my favorite bands, and Amnesiac one of my favorite albums.

anyone still here

Like Spinnig Plates is one of most mesmerizing songs i ever heard

Anyone else thinks that is a shame that cut of the first 30 secs in Life In A Glasshouse?

Life In A Glasshouse
Like Spinning Plates
Pyramid Song

nailed it

Fucking most underrated song on the album easily

>And THIS JUST FEELS LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE

and specificly is the studio version underrated

>SPINNIIIIIIIIIIIING PLAAAAAAAAAAAAATEES

Amnesiac gets plenty of love these days, what really needs appreciation is dollars & cents. it's like the amnesiac of amnesiac.

dollars & cents has something... that magic in the bass!

Im really in love with the haunting art and thought behind the whole album, it manages to be unsettling and mesmerising at the same time

I remember seeing cirque du solie a few years after hearing this albums and seeing spinning plates live (the act not the song) but feeling like the anxiety of the song finally clicked for me. It's so fucking good

AFTER YEARS WAITING

You have that backwards, friend.

You guys don't think that that era in the is the
summit point in the Radiohead's career? because they wrote 30 songs in that sessions and all of them are pretty damn good.

Knives out is a great song

also Cuttooth is one of Radiohead's best songs

youtube.com/watch?v=RVNgv-VVNlo
why is this so good bros

And also really really like that b-side
The Amazing Sounds of Orgy!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=j5LT9X9F-YM

This was the opus magnum of Radiohead as a whole, I can agree with you there

It definitely is. AMSP era is pretty great so far but it's not as good as the Kid A era and there are 1/3 as many songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUkRRBWWoeY

>CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM CHUM

this is better desu

Ayy I always thought about it the same way

I remember reading someone say that they're like the difference between being in a forest fire (Amnesiac) and watching a forest fire happen (Kid A). Can't remember where I saw that, but I like it.

Life in a Glasshouse
I Might Be Wrong
Knives Out

>best
Pulk Pull
Like Spinning Plates
Pyramid Song
Life in a Glass House

I just cant get into Whose Army, how did you guys do it

NOOOTHING CAAAAME

Fucking great. Currently my favorite Radiohead album.

I believe it was Thom and it was a city.

Kid A - watching a city burn from a great distance

Amnesiac - in the fire

Cool, thanks for clarifying, user.

>When asked what Amnesiac will sound like in a recent interview, Thom replied, "If you look at the artwork for Kid A...well, that's like looking at the fire from afar. Amnesiac is the sound of what it feels like to be standing IN the fire."

I guess he didn't mention a city, but I interpreted the artwork that way.

the amazing sounds of orgy is one of my favourite Radiohead songs even though its only on the b sides. Definitely one of my favourite albums by Radiohead.

agreed if you switch packt for pyramid song

Honestly, I think Amnesiac's B-sides are better than the album and also the best collection of songs the band has ever put out

Nice taste desu

Nah it totally does. I was deeply, deeply, clinically, and existentially depressed for years, and this album helped me cope on such a deep level because of how well it encapsulated the feeling of going through countless iterations of the same numb, pointless, day over and over ad nauseum.

Wow, no mentions of "Dollars and Cents?"

Best post "Idioteque" Radiohead song. This is one hell of a cringy thread. Oh well, nu-males will never understand music.

Why don't you quieeeeeeet down

The outro though

pyramid song
pulk/pull revolving doors
like spinning plates

Dollars and cents
Pyramid song
I might be wrong

Gotta be my favourite Radiohead album tied with Kid A

2bh lads I think Amnesiac is my number one Radiohead album.

That's backwards you mong. Songs like Idoteque and The National Anthem are literally about anxiety, while Amnesiac is a far more defeatist and overall depressing album.