Water Removal

I have a single drop of water that has been chilling out on my rear camera lens for weeks now, under the square plastic lens protector. Any ideas on how to get it out of there?

The phone is a Oneplus 3, pic related. The water drop is staying in the bottom portion of the well, right on the lens, and won't even move due to surface tension, fucking up my autofocus.

Apply heat with a hair dryer

Or put your phone in a zip loc bag with uncooked rice overnight

The phone is going to handle the case being heated up to 500 degrees or more? The whole area is going to need to be above 212F for vaporizing wawa

You don't need to boil it.

Could I put the phone in a Vacuum chamber? I work at a lab that has
one.

I don't know why people keep recommending this, uncooked rice is fucking terrible at absorbing water. If it were an effective desiccant it wouldn't have such a long shelf life.

I thought the rice thing was a joke meme, hopefully nobody here is dumb enough to believe it.

OP, go to your local hardware store and buy some desiccant.

Eh, worked for me. Dropped a Xperia into a fountain, disassembled it and put it in rice, phone booted up next day, long enough to transfer over data. It's also used in salt shakers to absorb moisture.

Rice works, but yeah I'll get some silica gel packets. Makes for a good snack after.

Just put it in a bag of sliced eggplants. Trust me

And what evidence do you have that if you had done the exact same without any rice it wouldn't have produced the exact same result? Confirmation bias like this is exactly what's keeping this silly myth alive still.

just put it in the microwave.

GOD DAMN IT WRONG IMAGE.

>500 degrees
Are you going to melt it or what?

The image you posted was good, I ain't complaining.

Yeah let me get my hairdryer that somehow evaporates water against the laws of thermodynamics. It only heats up to 100F!

Without dry air getting behind the glass you have a much harder time getting the heat to the water, thus, 500 degrees to get a temperature differential. If the water was exposed it's a way different story. Yes I melted it.

Just microwave it. 20 sec on 800 W will do the trick. But remember to put some dried red beans in there as well or your lense may explode

lol who would be stupid enough to do this?

Repair fag here, literally saved more than a phone with rice.

Someone... Someday...

My sister completely drenched her Galaxy phone and rice pretty much saved it except for the audio jack.

Sounds like a good idea in theory but I've never heard of it being done before. Try it and come back with results