Signal Foundation

>Today, we are launching the Signal Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to develop open source privacy technology that protects free expression and enables secure global communication.
signal.org/blog/signal-foundation/

Other urls found in this thread:

signal.org/blog/signal-foundation/
signal.org/android/apk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>signal.org/blog/signal-foundation/
Does it require google analytics too?

you mean play services ?
signal.org/android/apk/

Signal still requires a phone number which really makes me question it.

>Signal still requires a phone number which really makes me question it.
This, a phone can give away your location or who you are, too easily, honestly this invalidates any benefits to me.

just by sheer fact of it not being routed through tor is enough for it to not be anonymous.
verifiable crypto is the best you're going to ever get.

Difference between private and anonymous

the point stands.

No, I meant that if the site requires google analytics like that apk you posted requires google libs

Do they have a desktop version yet?

ye

Yeah but it uses Electron, so it’s shit.

Gay

This shit is starting to feel like whatsapp cancer

Websocket, what did you expect ? There's a reason they're using GPS for the "standard" version.

Wrong user.

>complaining about forced security updates
any other kind of forced update is cancer, but that kind is really important.

they actually make you verify your phone number? that moxie kike sold out completely to whatsapp

just wait a few years and it will be sold.

You can't use it without one.

>cant use u2f instead of a cell #
weak...
What about us hipster wifi callers who don't use proprietary firmware like the baseband or protocols like sms?
>They want us to starve

Great app, it's annoying that you have to turn off the spam it wants to send people to join. Video calls also weren't working for me.

Retarded niggers the message is encrypted your metadata still floats arround no point in user sim

>"just by sheer fact of it not being routed through tor is enough for it to not be anonymous.
verifiable crypto is the best you're going to ever get."

Mate, Tor was MADE by the government lmao