It's over, they found a way

It's over, they found a way.

Just hit suppress ads and let your adblock block the miner.

>reading salon
Use archive links if you absolutely have to read that trash.

Use Nano Defender with ubo/nano adblocker

Why are you reading soy shit you fucking fag

>It's over, they found a way.
ikr? It was only a matter of time. Soon, they won't be asking to help themselves to your unused computing power, they'll just do it. "Unused computing power is wasted computing power," amirite?

Suppress
beta

Those are some red fucking flags right there.

Let us use your computing power and we're still going to give you ads but they'll be a tiny bit less obnoxious and intrusive like they should be in the first place

>Salon, AKA the "news" outlet that unironically defended pedos and Hillary Satan
Nothing of value was lost my nigga

Just browse in a virtual machine with 0.25 cores, let them use that computing power

>visit web site
>notice temps rise
>notice fan speed
>are these faggots mining crypto?
I liked the 90s web better.

It's almost to the point where you're safer/better off browsing in a vm for fucks sake.

The script they use is utterly pointless. I click "ok I've disabled it" without disabling it and it lets me through.

>Visit website
>ryzen 7 1800x
>Vega 64
>GPU maxes out
>CPU Maxes out
>Temps could melt steel beams
>thisisfine.bmp

How long until they suppress ads based on how much computing power you have? Someone with a dual core cpu sees most ads still, whereas someone with a 24 core e peen sees no ads. These cunts won't want to stop serving you ads when you have an atom mining for them.

>I liked the 90s web better.

wiby.me - 90s web still exists in our current epoch

best way to not get ads on salon is to not go, I recommend the daily stormer instead. ad-free.

Anti-adblock has been around for years, as has the solution to get around it.

update filters. it goes away.

uBO + uBO Extra doesn't have that problem.

I dont' see how that's any different to sites without miners.

>opt-in js mining
I wonder how viable this actually is from a business standpoint

Genius

Should you browse in a VM or just sandbox your browser?

Cryptomining isn't viable according to diep.io, doesn't generate enough revenue. Not surprised - it's difficult enough to break with dedicated hardware, let alone an ever-shifting Frankenstein botnet of whatever machines happen to be browsing your site.

>not blocking the mining scripts too
You deserve it.

When you sandbox the sandbox

>this confuses Sup Forums
lel

>uBO Extra
Dumb chrome(ium) user

All these sites using these adblocker countermeasures... Are they still getting paid by the advertisers per click on their site, even though their countermeasures are blocking anyone from seeing the ads until they click again, or are advertisers catching on and paying at least 30% less for their advertisement space?

open in vm

cap it at 1% of 1 core.

>fonts.gooogleapis.com
>whitelisted

Not in uO

Ah right.

Make your own adblocker.

That feel when NoScript.
That shitty popup doesn't even load.

say that to piratebay who made 10k before they shut it down

Nice

underrated

how will they know what cores you have?

>See this
>Max out CPU so there is no unused computing power

Run browser in VM with gimped power

Just turn on the miner and block it with umatrix, brainlet.

WTF are you reading salon for you degenerate fucking animal.

You mean "before diminishing kicked in", right? Irritates me how everyone is thinking they can just set up some farm and get free money.

Is this only on mobile? I just visited that abomination of a website on desktop and didn't see this.

>literally every other article is DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF
christ why do you even care? How does anyone not mentally ill tolerate subjecting themselves to glorified shitpost blogs about politics?

As usual, SJW-ism has an effect of demonetization and loss of trust from the normie majority to be substituted with an image of court jesters.

- Hasbro for example managed to bankrupt the GI Joe brand by employing SJW writers, with the first fucking comic issue.
- Marvel keeps losing money over the new female "muh womyn power" Captain Marvel, who keeps being rehashed and forced in apparent desperation yet keeps failing and not making returns.
- Disney's Star Wars has now lost trust among prop sellers, a first in the brand's history. Because shelves are filled with unsold TLJ "womyn powa" toys which are going to be written off as a major financial loss for both the sellers and Disney. Now sellers have no alternative but to scrutinize all future Disney's Bolshevik marketing projections and force increased costs on Disney as a risk tax. Disney even lost a potential market of 1.3 billion people in China which cites "Baizuo", "Low IQ (SJW) writing", and "Ugly cast" as critiques.
- SJW publications such as Salon being forced into adwalls.
- Video Game developers appealing to a vocal minority of SJW's who don't even pay for games but gather around a single "representative" professinal critic/influencer via social contacts for mob criticism, who are merely there to support that one critic against products they don't even care about; resulting in a loss of the core majority of gamers and net loss in revenue due to appeal to minority over majority.
It's like the religious preachers who exist to preach against products they don't even use, gathering fanatic supporters, yet who are mistaken by the object of criticism as users in ignorance and stupidity.

The ride keeps going and going. Appeal to minority profits, and you get a reduction constant in revenue until a negative is reached over time, if not instantly like GI Joe.

came here to post this

I used to have the same setup (tabs and adress bar on one line) but classic theme restorer is incompatible now.
Is there any way to still do this on current firefox?

That is the new firefox so yea there is a way to still do it. You can do that plus a lot more with css

Very cool website

Truth

works for me

>right click
>block element
The absolute state of the city of Sup Forums

Wow they really can't sell fucking star wars toys? Literally how?

Because you can't force a target audience to come into existence in reality and you can't force people to buy shit, reality doesn't conform to ideals and agendas, it is its own beast. Everyone is buying Han Solo, Luke, Darth Vader, Pilothomo, and even Darth Edgelord (for some fucking reason) toys, but the Admiral Tumblrina and Chinese Pigface are completely unsold, and even Rey toys are underselling though there are at least some people buying them. The end results are clear.

>...they found a way.

fuckin' ugandan knuckles

What browser / extension is that?

Nice, time to disable first party scripts by default