Bullied by my IT department guys

Hi Sup Forums. I have a real issue in my job. Basically

>Work in an IT department
>I have no IT skills, my job involves VERY basic usage of SQL Server but for some reason, everyone using SQL Server at all in this company is counted as IT
>I have a very specific job, with no transferable skills, and am very busy most of the time
>the other IT department people think it is hilarious, and love to make fun of me for my uselessness
>they call me 'Homer Simpson' and my workstation has the name 'Sector7G' because 'I work in an IT department the same way that Homer Simpson works at a Nuclear Power Plant'
>they are constantly harassing me and making hurtful comments about my lack of skills
>basically all I can do is Like, select, update, in, where and a few other statements
>can't even do Inner and Outer join statements
>they are always stealing my sandwiches and saying I can have my sandwiches and my soda if I can outer join them, and I end up getting angry and just taking the soda, so i AM always hungry at work
>IT department manager doesn't care, finds it funny
>last week was my birthday
>they wrapped my chair in paper with a bunch of SQL queries written on
>think it was a joke but I didn't understand, they were laughing pretty hard
>don't know anything about IT and don't have time to practise at work

How the fuck do I show them I am smart? Is there a good way to learn SQL at home? They won't help me. They don't like me, because a few times I reported them to HR for having pictures of women on their desktop backgrounds, I tried to be clever by sending the complaint in the form of an SQL query but it turned out I wrote the query wrong, and they shit on me for that as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.pl/books?id=krv8CUJU44sC&printsec=frontcover&dq=sql puzzles celko&hl=en&ei=K0oiTYvAMJmrnAfE0qnPDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
sqlservercentral.com/tags/T-SQL/SQL Puzzles/
sqlquiz.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

can you delete the database and all backups and then quit?

>>Work in an IT department
>>I have no IT skills
Found your problem.

>How the fuck do I show them I am smart?

>no IT skills
>how do I show them I'm smart?
You could start by eating tide pods.

Again, I only work in an IT department TECHNICALLY. My job doesn't require a lot of skills.

Just find another job

I have no skills, my last job was a shelf stacker at a supermarket

story is obviously made up but you should kill them any way

I am in a similar position. I intend to steadily build my portfolio at work one skill at a time over the next six months. My focus which I will draw strength from is leaving. Maybe you’re can be too.

Also as above, learn to drop all their SQL databases via a very hidden agent job.

Running from the problem, nice.

>I tried to be clever by sending the complaint in the form of an SQL query
Stop taking this cocksucker seriously, pootards.

Maybe you should start by learning SQL.

Fucking own that shit. Start quoting Homer at work, bring donuts and share with them, do other Homer shit. Learn to laugh at yourself.
>They won't help me. They don't like me, because a few times I reported them to HR for having pictures of women on their desktop backgrounds
Oh you're a cunt. Get fucked.
>I tried to be clever by sending the complaint in the form of an SQL query but it turned out I wrote the query wrong
lul

Simple. Save some money and join a class to learn SQL

If you are what you say you are, go learn some shit and also, talk to HR.

Go to CodeCademy and do SQL course. If it doesn't help, you can always shoot up your workplace! :D Stand up against the harassment tho

>I tried to be clever by sending the complaint in the form of an SQL query but it turned out I wrote the query wrong, and they shit on me for that as well.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>they are always stealing my sandwiches and saying I can have my sandwiches and my soda if I can outer join them

That IS fucking hilarious though

would you rather have blue haired sjw 'colleagues' telling what a special snowflake you are and brainwashing you with feminism, globalists, rapefugees, getting cucked every day instead of given valuable life lessons from cis white IT dept chads?

Buy an AR-15 and bring it to work.

>They think they're superior because they know SQL
>They probably don't even know what a loop is

If you have time, learn a programming language and show those fuckers what's programming.

>bullied by IT niggers

you fucked it up on the start, no such thing

I use sql and haven't had to do anything more that select / update type statements. Why do you need to have memorized all this other sql operations? I bet the database is an absolute over-designed clusterfuck.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to learn SQL or a programming language if you plan to work in IT related jobs. Otherwise, it would be also possible to observe what kind of non IT stuff they do and help them improve, maybe they're shit at dressing, cooking, interpersonal skills with women, or a lot of other stuff.

If you give them useful advice on something they lack they will consciously or unconsciously realize their sql elitism is stupid, do not become petty like them and always strive to improve yourself for your own good instead of merely improving to please other people. Also drop the inane complaints to HR for having women on a wallpaper, it's normal male stuff.

I hope this isn't a troll post because I am trying to be helpful.

You're in a really good position right now by being in such an easy entry level IT job. Learning more advanced SQL isn't difficult, you can for sure learn it in your own time. Basically build your own databases and practise queries using online resources, maybe learn about NoSQL dbs when you've got the hand of relational ones.

I think once you actually learn more within even a couple weeks of decent studying you'll be a lot more at ease at work.

>How the fuck do I show them I am smart?

Change comes only from within.
Apply yourself, learn, and try hard at life
Be the change that you want to see in the world.

Start with small steps, fix things about yourself that you can, the move on to bigger things.

stop smoking weed and jerking off. this goes for anybody who relates as well

Learn window functions, most people don't even know they exist. They are very useful when you need to generate complex reports/analyze data.

put me in the screenshot

ill take the bait user

You arent being bullied by your lack of skill
You are being bullied for being a beta

A good start:

books.google.pl/books?id=krv8CUJU44sC&printsec=frontcover&dq=sql puzzles celko&hl=en&ei=K0oiTYvAMJmrnAfE0qnPDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

sqlservercentral.com/tags/T-SQL/SQL Puzzles/

sqlquiz.com/

I almost believed it until

>a few times I reported them to HR for having pictures of women on their desktop backgrounds

git gud and go to HR, this is why they exist