Dissapointed AS FUCK

Seriously, I was expecting his usual light hearted vibey rap. Instead we got Kanye west and 2Chainz and some shitty gospel crap.
DELETED THE ALBUM AFTER 7 SONGS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OeR45eIeC3Q?t=1m41s
youtube.com/watch?v=Jv0pHiwu-rk
youtube.com/watch?v=6I9ZOi9LCsU
youtube.com/watch?v=MXmidhVZXJo
youtube.com/watch?v=SNqL8X-VzG8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And autotune.

And literalyl zero rap.

Yikes

>imagine being this much of a dweeb

what is this Lecrae mixed with Kanye bullshit

fuck you chance

His "chill high schooler" vibe could only be kept up while he actually was in high school. When he became an adult he could've chosen to try to grow as an artist or become a washed-up ripoff of himself. Unfortunately he chose the latter

>I was expecting his usual light hearted vibey rap

Why would you expect that? The hype around this album was all about how he was getting more serious.

I really wish every song didn't feature that fucking gospel chorus of cunts.

Its a gospel album...

This was obviously gonna be influenced by ye.

Anyone that doesn't like this objectively doesn't know much about hip hop, and maybe less about music

This is an achievement

>objectively

How does it feel to hate art?

>meme rap
not even once

noname gypsy had the best verse

>falling for buzzwords

Objectively a newfag

I'd give it a light to decent 6.

I really enjoyed it. Its kanye influenced just like pretty much all pop rap since a decade ago has been.

It doesn't sound like Kanye though. It sounds like Chance growing up.

Its not catering to Chance fans at all but as a guy who hated Acid Rap, I really dig this one.

You were honestly excited for
>nyaaahnyahnyahnyeennyahNYAH
>DUDE I GOT SUSPENDED LMAO

Im sorry you were hoping for a 23 year old who was still upset about being suspended years ago

You know

Used to be rappers who weren't aggro all the time got called white people rap. It's friendly? Damn, that's some shit white people like. But this is a friendly, approachable, and still the audience doesn't seem to have changed since his last album. Chance isn't aiming for the charts here and there's, yeah exactly what you said, weird gospel shit and mixing that's only going to sound good blasting in your car with some decent subs and otherwise it's like what the fuck am I listening to

This is some ghetto lullibye music.

last two digits of this post is the p4k score

real talk I can't wait for her mixtape

It's just Noname now.
>Telefone coming this summer

>the fact that Sup Forums is even discussing this album even though i specifically come to chan music boards to avoid discussion of albums like these

welp back to endchan

predictions for the number of gospel rap projects we see in the next few years ??

KTT PLEASE FUCKING GO

FUCKING LIMPDICKED TRAP MUSIC FETISHIZING WHITE KID

Well Kanye did it, so at least 50, since he's always been years ahead of everyone.

>I was expecting his usual light hearted vibey rap

you'd have to be retarded or not following the rollout at all to actually expect this, and judging by how much you're bawwing you probably followed this one closely, so you're just retarded

was it leaked?
>seeing everybody say its a gospel album

please no. I haven't been this hyped for an album since before tflop.

at least All We Got, No Problem, Angels and All Night would have been an amazing EP

but real talk this was a big disappointment, I dig gospel rap and love tlop but that first song was kind of a mess and only a third of it was good after that

shes my fave

fuck, why isn't it better

The lyrics on this are shit, like he didn't even try. This whole project is obnoxious as fuck.

So far there isnt very much interesting things happening right now. Why does this have autotune on half the songs? It ruins his vibe, and the background singers on half these songs makes it sound like hes lost ideas. Its like hes throwing any idea he gets into these songs. These guests suck too. Bad choices or his popularity ruined this shit.

idk maybe it's the heavy kanye influence, there's just way too many people on these tracks, acid rap where beats made for chance by chance and friends this just feels like surf 2.0 where there's just way too many cooks. Chance has been killing features for the last 2 years too idk how the fuck he ended up with such a mediocre piece of work

It sounds like Kanye gave him his "gospel album" with the crazy production on this shit, and he just rapped half assed over it

Did you hear surf?
Literally every track with vocals had a feature.
Chano does this all the time.

Oh shit ignore me, I shoulda finished reading your post before replying with a stupid ass reply.

>Chano
Go drive off a bridge stan

not surprised desu senpai

The hooks are so bland

> Chance has been killing features for the last 2 years
False, his features were weak as all fuck honestly and I religiously followed them in hopes of good shit

and to add to everything the mixing is fucking atrocious

MIght be your rip, there's one floating aroudn here from a mega link that's utter garbage.

I got the official Datpiff DL and it's shit.

anyone else really fucking sad? like good on him for finding god and whatever but like its 100% completely and utterly ruined his music and some of these songs are unlistenable because they are so cringey or just fucking bland. the only memorable song from 2 listens is juke jam, how great after you skip three minutes of bullshit and the 2nd last song. i had high hopes for this album but its completely fucked.

>IT'S AN OTHER GOSPEL ALBUM

Jesus fucking christ. Hip Hop has been shit this year besides untitled.

Yeah that seriously fucked it up for me. That future track is the worst mixing job I've heard on a major release in a long time

i beg to differ

youtu.be/OeR45eIeC3Q?t=1m41s

youtube.com/watch?v=Jv0pHiwu-rk

youtube.com/watch?v=6I9ZOi9LCsU

youtube.com/watch?v=MXmidhVZXJo

youtube.com/watch?v=SNqL8X-VzG8

and obv ultra light beam, verses on surf, etc etc

>e
nah ive listened to both datpiff and apple music they're both very inconsistent

it's fuckiing stupid how sox managed to ruin chance's potential. 3 years since acid rap, and we get this and surf. fucking shameful t b h f a m.

>No Problem
Pretty good, enjoyed everyones verses. Good song
>Mixtape
Chance on this song was awful but Thugger and Yachty made it enjoyable
>Angels
That's that Sunday Candy/Juice feel that we get from Chance. Perfect song wish we had more of these.
>How Great
Boring opening, afterwards we get phenomenal verses. Great great song.
>Finish Line/Drown
Regular uppity chance, then Drown kicks in and good Gospel feels after the gypsy verse. Just get good vibes from this
>Blessings 2
Instrumentation on this was wavy as hell, enjoyable, Anderson Paak appearance too.

Literally only good songs imo

>Datpiff
>official
DID YOU SEE THE "OFFICIAL" LOGO NEXT TO IT NIGGER
NO, YOU DIDN'T

>retail album
>"Official datpiff DL"
Hahahahah

remember when Sup Forums described chance as meme rap?

I'm glad that shitty buzzword is dead.

bro she is literally the worst fucking rapper I have ever heard

every single song she is in is great until her stupid lucid ass shows up

quite literally maybe the worst flow of any rapper working today. do not come at me and call her abstract, or how she's so avant garde, she's absolute garbage and distractingly bad

Are you actually retarded?

peter cottontale and nate fox produced most of acid rap, they´re 2 out of the 5 sox members,

>I EVEN HAD THE PINK POLO
>I THOUGHT I WAS KANYE
>I T H O U G H T I W A S K A N Y E

untitled sucked as well
>HIP HIP XD

Not even same user

clearly a rap expert

the superior opinion no doubt

I can understand that.. which still leaves my point.. this year fucking sucks. literally every artist is fucking singing now.. untitled had singing drake's entire new album is fucking singing chance is singing more kanye is singing more post malone is literally a fucking singer have you seen his bob dylan cover?? where the fuck is RAP AT

>only songs I didn't like were All Night and Smoke Break
His worst lyrically, but his best vocally/beat-wise

after a second listed, All Night's okay, actually. Smoke Break can still get fucked, though.

I am not enjoying it so far

reminds me like tlop but with a little chance style thrown in

>ALL NIGHT I WAS DRINKING ALL NIGHT I WAS DRINKING ALL NIGHT I WAS DRINKING AY AYYYY

Just hearing Smoke Break and God that mixing. I like the ideas of those instruments, but goddamn

>recognizing the mount kimbie sample on juke jame

Better than Surf, nowhere near as good as Acid Rap and probably worse than 10 Day.

her verses on lost and warm enough were some of the best of acid rap and surf

is it just me that's fucking LOVING the gospel influence that's creeping into hip-hop atm?

i don't care about any of the religious connotations, it makes the music sound soulful as fuck at times

I thought that track "Mixtape" was dope

Me too, man, thats probably why I rather liked the Donnie Trumpet album while it was received quite badly.

there's just sommat really uplifting about it, i'm a big fan of that kind of sound

I'm okay with the gospel influence. The biggest issue I really have with this album is all the features, I would really rather have there not been all the features. And it's honestly expected for the album to be different than his past stuff, he isnt a fresh out of highschool kid saying fuck school anymore, he's growing up.

Turned it off halfway through my second listen.

No highlights, between the production and the bars. Some highlights, but nothing more impressive then what's he already done.

It's a 6/10, being generous for the good vibes.

yeah, artists are bound to change especially and artist as young as Chance. It always puzzles me people don't realise this

features don't bother me too much as long as they add to the song. i haven't finished the whole thing yet but so far the features have been pretty good in my opinion

Normies will eat that shit up after Ultralight Bean

Objective opinion incoming

Noname is garbage. Bubblegum hiphop. All her verses are like really gay diary entries. If you're too old for the tooth fairy, you're too old for Noname.

no denying that song is GOAT tho

I hate it so much

>Ultralight Bean

Song was fucking amazing you have to admit though family.

That's actually what I quite like about Noname, she's not one of those scary female gangster rappers. What it has to do with bubblegum hiphop is unclear to me (I think of someone like Kitty for that).

it's alright as long as it's not overused
1-2 uses per album is fine

>don't believe in science
>i believe in signs

what did he mean by this

No doubt.
>driving with windows down
>at stoplight
>hear ultralight beam
>look to my left lane, total babe in sunglasses looking at me
>she turns away
>start singing along with the song
>we both laugh
>light turns green

>gospel influence
>lately

you gotta realise these niggers grew up going to churches being forced by their parents, this shit ain't new nigga

so an album can only play around with a genre or sound for a couple songs before becoming redundant?

Why are there all these shitty features on the album? I don't fucking care for lil wayne, 2chainz, t-pain or young thug and I'm expecting Chance to think the same desu.

obviously it's an influence that has built up over the years but there's no denying it's exploded this year with Kanye's use of that sound on TLOP

>all these christianity themes
I don't care about religion I just want good verses

>Kanye's best prodigy
>He ain't signed me but he proud of me
>I got some ideas that you gotta see
Genius: Chance has mentioned on “Ultra Light Beams” how meeting Kanye West will guarantee he won’t fail. He has become a household name in Hip Hop and music period by fighting for what he believes in, which is the same path Kanye took early in his career. Chance now feels he has learned enough from his mentorship from Kanye, that he has exceptional qualities to continue to be a pioneer"

Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, and Young Thug are miles better than Chance. Chance is lucky he got verses from them, since those verses are very expensive.

>>He ain't signed me but he proud of me

This isn't really a line of his is it?

Because that is downright embarrassing if it is.

Blessings

My bets Kanye money

>Chance has mentioned on “Ultra Light Beams” how meeting Kanye West will guarantee he won’t fail
that just was a nod to the otis track right

Chance is so fucking overrated and shitty

Kanye fanboys think he's SO LEGENDARY because DUDE I DROPPED ACID AND MADE A SHITTY ALBUM MAKING WACKY NOISES OVER JAZZ PRODUCTION LMAO XD and then dropped a decent verse about religion or some shit that soccer moms fap to

Basically another weirdo tryhard like Tyler the creator and he sucks. Who cares

Is there an artist named my cousin Nicole or was that chance's literal cousin