/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here.

>for Linux related READ THE STICKY SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ddg.gg/lite

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any newfriends creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/NEWBRING-Metal-Mini-Money-Clip-Brand-Fashion-Black-White-Credit-Card-ID-Holder-With-RFIT-Anti/32808543399.html
mega.nz/#!Ut81jLoC!QMI3HmL49-8voGSed4Wo8M-96-1XjCl5-roRPWDVoGw
mega.nz/#!ZlEDwQJS!ro4LPTua4Ug0uufkiFgZWXKvJ9ZX2Gf8gBVcvL8s4m4
144hzmonitors.com/reviews/asus-rog-swift-pg27uq-review/
amazon.ca/ASUS-27-inch-Monitor-PG278Q-Response/dp/B00MSOND8C
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

weebs have to cram their shit taste into every general's OP now.

Hello anons, I'm tyring to put a simple rule into my firewall (iptables but I will move to nftables soon).
I just want, that any connection related with my torrent client, can reach me. That means, I know how to let the connection OUT but I don't know how to tell the firewall "this connection was from port XXXX let it through". My policies on all chains are DROP.

Am I understanding something wrong? Can I even do that? Thank you guys.

I have an adaptive charger for my Note 8. Can I safely use it to charge another device that doesn't support quick charging?

What are some good solutions for digital journalling?

I want to switch from physical journalling to typing, just to enjoy that mechnical sound and find old entries easier.

Thanks Sup Forums, love you

PS:

This is a Chink shit general question.
But this is so specific I need to describe it.

I have one of those rubber band wallets with a money clip.

I need a slim, credit card sized enclosure for my licenses, tickets and a key.

Right now I just use a paper envelope the size of a credit card, which is a shit solution. There must be something like this but I don't know how to call it

THANKS

Manufacturers recommend you use only the included hardware to charge your devices. However, quickchargers often require a hand shake of sorts before they'll give their full wattage so you will most likely be okay.

too late my chinktab exploded

Picture related.

I have this wallet.
It does not have a container for licenses/coins/key.
aliexpress.com/item/NEWBRING-Metal-Mini-Money-Clip-Brand-Fashion-Black-White-Credit-Card-ID-Holder-With-RFIT-Anti/32808543399.html

I need a slim, credit card sized "case" that fits in with the other cards in this wallet where I can put small objects.

Coins, ticket, my key.

Basically like a credit-card sized, slim container.

This envelope is shit because everything just falls out.

FUCK, there must be some EDC or chink shit guy who knows what I mean.

help

What do I need to unlock an encrypted HDD?

magnets

undefined File "site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyiboot01_bootstrap.py", line 174, in __init__
__main__.PyInstallerImportError: Failed to load dynlib/dll 'nvcuda.dll'. Most probably this dynlib/dll was not found when the application was frozen.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "execute.py", line 1, in
File "d:\anaconda\envs\fakeapp\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 631, in exec_module
File "merge_faces.py", line 8, in
File "d:\anaconda\envs\fakeapp\lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyimod03_importers.py", line 631, in exec_module
: Could not find 'nvcuda.dll'. TensorFlow requires that this DLL be installed in a directory that is named in your %PATH% environment variable. Typically it is installed in 'C:\Windows\System32'. If it is not present, ensure that you have a CUDA-capable GPU with the correct driver installed.
[2292] Failed to execute script execute

oh and is fakeapp illegal.....

What is the preferred VPN service these days?

vpn ht was alright

The HDD keeps clacking, does this mean it's almost unlocked?

Picture related is kind of what I'm looking for.

Best if it can be closed.

FUCK, I've been wasting an hour looking for relevant keywords and can't find shit

please help

yeah it's like when you're lock picking in elder scrolls and you hear the sound when you're doing it right.

just put it into a pc for real and you're set

Neat

I just deleted the system32 virus before running the HDD under a couple of magnets. Seems like there was something stuck inside so I unscrewed it. Can't believe that I got ripped off, it was just a DVD-RW inside! Plugging it into the CD rn senpai

NORD

killing too birds with one stone, good on you user.

They say they don't know what you do on the internet if you use their service, but then they have a huge block of things you shouldn't do while using the service. Are they putting that up just to satisfy some legal bullshit or are they lying about not knowing what you do?

Why do some motherboards cost 75 or 200 bucks?
If i want one for my new am4 cpu, why should i pay 200 for a motherboard?

I'm curious about this too. I've seen motherboards that can go up to $300 but I'm already getting a pricey CPU. Does the mobo really matter beyond being the same chipset?

To support the developer!

I am a developer, but I need a shady suggestion; GF wants to register her bosses phone number to a spammer service, like we used to be able to do in the early 2000's (sites would let you submit an email and would auto register it for a shitload of spammy shit). Does that exists for phone numbers?

Is there any win 10 LTSB Sup Forums approved way of debloating ? I've found a dozen of different ways to do it, but I'm not sure which one would be the best.

where should I start if I want to make Android apps?

can anyone recommend a good laptop for an engineering student?

Freeze every app you don't use with titanium backup or similar program, including system services. If you bootloop, just recover from backup.

The password silly!

don't waste your space on windows 10 if you're not gonna update it

For some reason my 4chanx settings/filters have turned in to random accented letters.
If i uninstall and reinstall with basic settings it still does this. I've reverted back versions of 4chanx and it still happens, aswell as importing a settings file from a few weeks ago that was last known to work.

What could cause this?

Haven't needed it for years now, but now I need that KMSNano program or whatever it's called to activate some Office copies. Could anyone hit me up?

I have Win 10 pro installed on laptop right now but I get annoyed by random shit going on in the background all of the time so I want a minimalistic version of Win 10 instead, figured LTSB is the way to go.

afai remember they reserve the right [as most vpns] to monitor your activity IF you abuse their service somehow which seems fair/sane to me

Is there any reason to “require encryption” in qbittorrent, if I’m using a VPN?

My relatively uninformed theory is that requiring encryption makes it so that I can only connect to and download from peers that also have encryption enabled, thus limiting the number of potential peers and my download speeds. Is this correct?

If so, doesn’t using a vpn encrypt everything anyway, so I may as well disable “require encryption” to connect to more seeds and get better speeds, since the vpn encrypts everything anyway? Does this make sense? Thanks.

How hard is it to install one of these and should I attempt it if I'm not a mechanic?

I trust PRQ.

Give it back jamal

Is Google tracking my posts on Sup Forums if I use Chrome, with or without incognito mode? If I apply for jobs at Google, Microsoft, etc., will they look up all my shitposts? Am I going to get hauled into a government back office someday and interrogated about every meme I posted?

Mobos do matter. Many cheap ones, and even some of the expensive top of the line ones, have shitting BIOSes. Some of the firmware won't allow you to get the best performance out of your computer (I remember one that cut my RAM speed in half). Anyways, just always get motherboard with good reviews.

So is Intel better now that both it and AMD are susceptible to the same exploits?

user, Intel hasn't been not better than AMD in about 15 years. Unless we're talking about GPUs.

Since skype and discord are garbage, what should I use instead?

a phone

Ring

I'm trying to convert the videos extracted from a PSP game in .pmf format.
FFmpeg recognizes the video stream (and can convert/isolate it), but it doesn't seem to recognize the audio even though it's in a codec that is supported.
I'd really prefer to continue using FFmpeg since it works for everything else in the game.
Is there anything I can do? Or am I wasting my time to trying to find a way to do it with FFmpeg?
I rarely ever use FFmpeg, so it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong. Any links for further info on the format also appreciated.

How do you edit website css with stylish/stylus now that they use variables?

So then it's not really encrypted. If someone really wanted to get on your trail, they'd comply and you'd be as fucked as you would have been without the service.

my dad wanted me to look at his t42 to see if i could get it working
it powered on but there was no display, not even a backlight. the battery is dead too so i was running it just off the power brick.
i unplugged the power to turn it off and i hooked up an external vga monitor and plugged the power back in. now it wont turn on at all. wat do

my google chrome address bar is full of retarded suggestions where i typed things incorrectly. how do i make it so the only chrome bar suggestions are my bookmarks rather than entered sites? turning off suggestions in privacy settings isnt working

Testdisk says that both MFT and MFT mirror are bad; how fucked am I?

Is there like an online RPG creator where other's can vote 1-10 on things and then it adds them together then divides them by the number there is of said status?

Can you help me with my amd drivers?
I tried to update my amd drivers but now they don't work
I tried installing older or newer versions but no one seems to work
I got error 43 and now I can't use anything related to my video card
Please help
>I can't revert to a previous driver
>I've already restarted
>I've already used window's fixer
>I've already used a auto instaler from amd

Please ask any questions if it would help
Sorry for bothering you

that would apply for any vpn you see around

blink

>video's ok
>shows video
ffmpeg -i vid.pmf -c copy out.mkv

How do I get nginx to follow a symlink? Guess I should explain a bit.

I have an sshfs mount that functions correctly, mounted r/o. I have these mountpoints symlinked to '/srv/site/location/'. Nginx has 'disable_symlinks off;' set in its conf under the http scope. Reloaded nginx. However, the bare directory I'm trying to serve doesn't follow the symlinks and I'm left with empty directories.

What do?

I haven't been keeping up to Sup Forums... What's new has been released since Sandy Bridge?
And what is better: buy prebuilt system, or assemble yourself, assuming that I've updated literally nothing in my AMD Phenom II X4 shitbox. Not even graphics card (novidia 210 with passive cooling, because integrated video was a meme)... Only have installed more RAM. That's it.

If I'm installing a program, and have the choice to get either the 32bit or 64bit versions, is there any compelling reason to get one over the other?

Video works, audio doesn't. Same issue.
FFmpeg thinks it has no audio, when it actually does.

If your system is x86(32 bit) you can only use 32bit programs. but if it's x64(64bit) you can use either.

32bit can use 4gb of ram per program, 64bit can use 128gb.

what service do you guys use to sync notes between your desktop and mobile devices

evernote

You running some kind of MAC scheme like SELinux or AppArmor? They're not going to let nginx read from anywhere outside its designated shitting box. Also make sure the nginx user has normal permissions qualifying it to traverse all the way up the directory's real path.

Nevermind, I figured it out.
How can I view all of the variables for a site without having to highlight every object in the inspector?

Anybody got that character that crashes iPhone users' SMS app?

upload it somewhere or give a magnet link
what version ffmpeg?

What is a good product review/comparison site for device purchases like scanners that's at least relatively shill free?

Please help
I don't know what else to do

boot safe mode
uninstall everything related to amd gpu
Reboot
Install drivers
Reboot

Is there a way to get a file list from a HDD with a busted MFT?

At this point I really don't even care about recovery and just want a list of my stuff so I can download it again

Tell me what I need to post, and I'll post it.
.pmf videos are, as far as I know, basically mpeg videos using a different audio codec (ATRAC3 according to a search). Both are supported by FFmpeg, but FFmpeg doesn't recognize the audio.

I tried both 3.1.4 and the latest build. Same result.
Opening video (~38 MB): mega.nz/#!Ut81jLoC!QMI3HmL49-8voGSed4Wo8M-96-1XjCl5-roRPWDVoGw
Ending video (~60 MB): mega.nz/#!ZlEDwQJS!ro4LPTua4Ug0uufkiFgZWXKvJ9ZX2Gf8gBVcvL8s4m4

Pulled the platters out of an old SCSI drive, what's the cheapest, easiest way to destroy these suckers?

How do I use AHK to replace !; with !important;
Pic related returns: mportant;

putting the escape character `! doesn't fix it either

asking it here

ASUS ROG SWIFT 27-inch 144Hz G-SYNC Gaming 3D Monitor [PG278Q]
144hzmonitors.com/reviews/asus-rog-swift-pg27uq-review/

I usually use a mixture of 50% isopropyl alcohol with 50% distilled water solution as a cleaning product on my screen, with like a lint free glasses cleaning specialty cloth.

NVM

I, uh, just realized that I forgot to pass 'allow_other'.

t. brainlet.

i copy pasted so i used the same $#@!ing wrong link as the original. Mb.

amazon.ca/ASUS-27-inch-Monitor-PG278Q-Response/dp/B00MSOND8C

I've had a Razer Ouroboros for 5 years I think and now it's starting to double click. The thing is that it always clicks, but will double click a lot.

Is it done or do I just need to clean it or do something else?

(I'm poor and it was a gift, I won't be able to buy a mouse like this right now)

also, I've noticed that when I click it in more of a claw position it double clicks way less.

If it's cleaning, how do I do it? Alcohol?

>what's new
Ivy Bridge, Skylake, Kaby Lake, probably another I'm forgetting. Plus the enthusiast 'X' parts, and a million more Xeons and Phis and such. Also, Optane if you care about that.

>what's better
If you are comfortable building I think that's the best route. Nice to be confident in the quality of each component instead of getting stuck with random bullshit power supplies and cases and such.

i don't know how to clean it, but you could just solder in a new switch. i did it on my G9x and it was pretty simple.

>Tell me what I need to post, and I'll post it.
the audio part of that Input 0 [0.1]
deleted it because i figured there is none but you also say it recognises it [audio]
extract with umdgen?

>deleted it because i figured there is none but you also say it recognises it [audio]
nvm misread

Uh, can someone answer me? Am i doing it right? i literally have no discussion with any friends about this topic. Please help me find the correct way to clean my specific screen.

There is no audio stream listed.

>waits 17 minutes
>bumps
fuck off

lol. really? you could literally go to fucking about.com or askjeeves or yahoo answers and get a fully correct answer about what to fucking clean your screen with as the first result of any semi-literate search. gtfo retard.

I've used this cosmos since high school & need to buy a smart phone at some point (my boss complains how unreliable this shit phone is); since I've never owned one, idgaf about buying a brand new one, & will take an old smart phone. What's a good used phone

How to get close button on all tabs working in Waterfox?

Samsung galaxy s4

Scrape the surfaces on the edge of a table or something. Shouldn't take much effort to render them useless scrap, just go for maximum coverage.

Don't buy a fucking used phone. New Moto E 4th gen is easily under $100 if you shop around (without contract). I paid $50 for mine.

Any non-brainlets here able to help me out? I stopped getting my (You) popups at the bottom right of my screen. I've dug through my settings and I haven't been able to find anything that may have gotten unselected. I switched browsers and copied my settings for both and they work just fine there.
I'm currently running
>4chanX
>Oneechan
>that script someone on Sup Forums threw together to combat the shit Hiro pulled
>Ublock Origin

Did I ruin anything

I only plugged in like 6 of the 8 pcie pins into the cpu slot, 24 pin is in

TL;DR:
Basically, I want to consolidate my many external hard drives into one physical unit. I don’t care if they still show up as individual drives on my computer. 4-bay enclosures seem to be hit-and-miss, anyone know of a reliable product that doesn't corrupt files in 2 days?

----------

Hello my good dudes. I have a dilemma that’s been bothering me for the last couple of months regarding my datahoarding storage situation.

It’s getting to the point where having my data spread across multiple external hard drive is becoming a hassle (remembering which drive has the data I want, a fuckton of external power bricks, running out of USB 3.0 ports).

What my data consists of:
>90% stationary data that never changes (Linux ISOs, movies/tv-shows etc)
>10% original content (RAW photography images and other shit)

What my current setup is:
>a bunch of external hard drives which I connect to my computer whenever I need to add or retrieve something (no RAID1 or other mirroring technology here)
>another bunch of external hard drives used for “cold storage” backups of the above-mentioned external hard drives

What my ideal setup would be:
>one fuckhuge enclosure where I can shove my hard drives inside and connect to my computer (I don’t care if it’s a JBOD enclosure where all hard drives are shown individually)
So basically, I want to reduce the amount of power bricks and cables that my multiple external hard drives use.[spoiler][/spoiler]

What I need:
>Full disk encryption on my hard drives (BitLocker, VeraCrypt etc) (pro tip, I already do this on my external hard drives)

What I DON’T need
>RAID
>Network sharing/discoverability (I don’t want my hard drives to be connected to the home network basically)
>remote access
>NAS
>media playback

Sorry for wall of text.

wipe them with a magnet for lols

alternatively mount them on a spindle and use a magnet to slow it down to a stop

you put a PCI connector in the EPS slot?

Turn on notifications

forgot something in my picture

Microsoft Toolkit

Desktop Notifications? It's on.