Mid-range Smartphones

>be me in 2017
>don't have a ton of money
>buy a blade v8 pro
>flagship in every respect except camera and price
>2018
>$200 and under phones are even better and you could buy a DSLR camera for the price difference from a flagship

Why would anyone buy a "flagship" unless they are so rich that they're using bills as toilet paper? It makes no sense.

There's barely anything left for phones to innovate on. Most cheap phones have 99% of the stuff you want.

I've been using my current smartphone for almost 4 years now and I still don't have any good reason to upgrade. Battery slowly going to shit will probably get me to upgrade.

As for why people buy flagships (those without money), 'status' and being dumbfucks that have no idea what they're actually buying and just do what the marketeers want them to do.

Same my man theres no point i had some cheap chinese shit last year fucked the screen on it./
bought the upgraded model of it unfortunately the battery is awful on it for some reason but been getting used to charging it all the time. Then when i break this one or whatever ill just get another one $1000 phones are a fucking meme

You alright mate?
Also, what phone?

>he thinks a woman is ever going to respect a man with a low end smartphone

enjoy your celibacy, loser

Kogan Agora

>caring about what a woman thinks
>posting Lena Durham when discussing women

This is the wewest of wew lads

I agree with you man. I had an iPhone 7 and while it wasn't a bad phone the no headphone jack shit really started to piss me the fuck off.

I ended up selling that for pretty much what I paid, then got an SE through my carrier. Liked the headphone jack but 32gb held me back so I returned it and got a G6 that they had a very good deal on. I think regular was 750 CanaBucks. They had it on for $360 so I took a chance.

I know this isn't a mid-range phone, but the price is midrange up here in Canada. Hell, the Moto E4 unlocked sells for $250 at Walmart here.

My dad has the Moto E4 that he got from Amazon as a Verizon unlocked phone and fuck it's nice actually, the low-end and midrange phones have increased in usability and overall quality so much. I remember my first android phone being a Galaxy Ace 2x, damn that thing sucked even then. Slow and laggy af, the Moto E with the 425 is surprisingly fast, it holds it own against the G6.

TL;DR, if you are looking at midrange options, there's a lot out these days that are friggin awesome. I don't see why flagships are necessary other than for the camera, that's realistically it. My brother's Q6 is nice too even. It's a little laggy with such a high res screen on a 435, but it's good enough for texting and general web browsing.

>My brother's Q6 is nice too even. It's a little laggy with such a high res screen on a 435

What resolutio is the Q6 at? If I recall correctly that phone is around $250, too, right?

I think it's 1080x2160 or something, it seems just a bit too much for the SD435 in it, forgot the GPU but I think it's a 500 series Adreno. Ran all my software fine when I used it for a week, just lacked QC and fingerprint, otherwise it's a damn good mid to low end phone.

>flagship
>625
haha nice one

he was obviously being facetious

next time just post your kek and move on, dumbass

Thanks for the advice, Chad.

>can't get laid without flagship troll
do you live here?

Why do people spend/upgrade their phones so much? I had a galaxy s3 for years and got an s5 last year. Best phone ive ever had for 100$ and I cant see why I would get another one anytime soon.

do carriers in the states not subsidize phones with contracts anymore? I can still get a flagship for 10 buck a month when i extend my contract.

you do realize you pay more for the phone when you enter a contract.

not really. if i pay 10 bucks a month for my current s7, but i extend my contract as early as possible(usually 16-18 months), and then upgrade, i will have spent less than 300 bucks on the s7, while owning it outright once i upgrade.

Constantly break or lose them

whatever cunt, I'm married to a rich jewess with giant gravity-defying tits

im married to a submissive asian with a flat chest, tiny waist, wide hips and thicc thighs and ass, i dont even know what this thread is about but fite me

Yes, for example my Xiaomi Mi5s is almost the same as the google pixel -botnet -amoled.
for a good price.

>he likes hook noses and cow tits
hey man if youre into bestiality thats your thing

Is he alright?

enjoy your chinese spyware

i need quickly new phone, any recommendations around 200$ ? no chinks (excluding huawei) Thank you.

Am I stupid for wanting a basic flip phone? I feel like having constant access to the internet and social media is making me even more stupid than I already am.

no, you're actually right. phones train your brain to seek out small amounts of dopamine for small amounts of effort, which is the exact OPPOSITE of how you want your brain to function if you want to live a productive and rewarding life. i uninstalled all social media and games from my phone for this reason, and now the only significant difference between this (and any smartphone really) and a shitty old burner phone like an old nokia or whatever is that if i drop t i need to pay to get a screen replaced. its just a liability to me now, and facebook wasnt really worth that to me in retrospect.

I'm still looking for a replacement for my soon-to-be-5 y/o phone. Since I'm a bit paranoid I'd like to have a phone with lineageOS and most of them suck desu. Or at too big.
>tfw xperia x doesn't have official los support, neither does the x compact and the xz1c has a sar value that fries your brain

Except that you can't buy it anymore in black. Its non existent at this point. Which sucks desu.

This is actually pretty based. I need a phone for certain functions but wish I could go back to a flip phone

I have a Galaxy Note 8 which i got on contract (BYO plans give shit data in Australia) i go into the desert a lot so went with Telstra (only decent carrier that supports regional users)

Im very impressed by mid-range phones, the 5T and Chinese makersblike Oppo and Xiaomi are pumping out some decent hardware

For me, i rarely upgrade phones so i will have my Note8 for 4+ years, expensive phones are okay if you are going to keep it for a long long time, iSheep buying iShit that upgrade every year piss me off, only innovation i have seen is the bezel-less future, which some midrange phones are doing

nah desu youre probably more grounded in the real world than the majority of people, i'm on my phone constantly when i'm not on my pc. Also most normies use phones as a replacement for a computer since they only use netflix and facebook

Because I don't carry my DSLR in my pocket every day.

>implying I don't want to be a priest

You got it backwards. It starts with the carrier. Project Fi or gtfo.

my moto g5s plus is pretty awesome for a midtier phone and i'm downgrading from a zenfone 3 deluxe which had way more power than most people need. loving it so far, i just wish the usb cable it came with wasn't DOA so i could plug it in and root the damn thing. you might say, >why don't you just use a different usb cable, user?
I already tried like 20 other cables and none them will do anything but charge the phone; windows won't recognize when the phone's plugged in and MTP mode won't appear in the dropdown shade. :/

but yea op i'm in 100% agreement; spending more than two or three hundo on a phone is a fool's bargain these days for what you're getting 95% of the time. if you need a flagship phone it's because you're either a rich, trendy douchebag with no common sense or tech experience or you're gonna be doing some really niche shit with a soon-to-be antiquated 800$ paperweight.

>tfw bought OP5T for 350 euros

gg

could you get more botnet? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Flagships are cheap if you buy from non-Jewish brands. Mi 6 and OnePlus 5 go for less than 400$, 5T goes for 500$. Paying anything more than 500 for any device would be retarded.