>"Hey niggers"
>5 days no response

>Discord
>"Hey nig-
>Several people are typing

Other urls found in this thread:

totallysafe.website
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where's the Discord client and server source release?

>Discord
>"Hey nig-"
>Discord Police preemptively shut down your account for violating the ToS and offending darkies

>preferring trash bloat website to elegant minimalism because 'muh pictures'

shiggy

>"Hey niggers"
I'm certain there's nothing meaningful you'd contribute to a channel with that kind of entrance.

Did you ever wonder if maybe it was a "you" problem? Maybe you just fit in better on discord, with all the other edgy meme regurgitators jacking eachother off.

/thread

its a placeholder you sperg I'm not gonna type out a conversation for you

>this kills the botnet shills

I still own and operate an IRC server. Fucking fantastic software.

Damn son, if you wanna change IM at least pick something decent.

Discord is for children
IRC is for adults.
That is all

>open discord
>le epic gaymurr meme in the loading screen
Into the trash it goes.

Amen to that

discord hides my ip without extensive witchcraft
debate ended

but they can read whatever you say. and know your IP

>discord is for normie children
>IRC is for edgy "me adult, me r 18 last month" h4x0r children
fixed it for ya.

I think part of discord's appeal to people is they get a (false) sense of ownership of creating a channel/network.
Over IRC where you either create a channel on someone else's network, or take the time and effort to deploy your own IRC server.

LOL OP GOT FUCKED

furthermore there is in-game overlay and voice chat that people appreciate
I think that people use whatever fits their needs, brand trust and name calling are just cheap arguments meant to laugh more than seriously discuss

Even if i try to ignore all the closed source privacy shit discord has going for it. That retarded gaming meme loading would never let me use it.
Its absolutely disgusting. Its like "you use Razer products don't you, oh yes you do".

are you really that kind of person who prefers form over functions?

>In game overlay
So its for gaming babies.
How is this feature suppose to help me develop free software? Maybe if there was a git heads up display or a static code analyzer built in, it would be for real productive members of society

I'm not saying discord is meant for general use. it's clearly a chat service meant for games and they are trying to appeal people who play videogames. you know what you are buying when you join discord

Are you kidding me? Its closed source software that sells your data and has nigger police. We are just making fun of the outer layer. Discord fundamentally contradicts everything Sup Forums stands for. Kill yourself.
Form over function is something you consider between software alternatives. Botnet with gaming rgb theme used for mass data capture and selling doesn't apply. Plus if you're comparing IRC and discord and are trying to bring up form over function; discord is clearly the one trying to impress with form

Okay cool so we are on the same page. Now explain why this thread is on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums. Also wouldn't mind hearing why IRC isn't better for non-gaming use

>posting on Sup Forums while simultaneously haranguing about software that sells your data

poetry

>not using a vpn

>Kill yourself
>Even if i try to ignore all the closed source privacy shit discord has going for it. That retarded gaming meme loading would never let me use it.
cool dude, I was just pointing out that it looks like you have different priorities here heh

Stop pretending to be a FOSS warrior, people are allowed to have hobbies outside of staring at a project hoping their two lines of code is accepted.

And you can't use a VPN with discord becauuuuse?

Because a VPN isn't going to change the fucking bits of audio information you are streaming them

With discord it's not about the vpn, it's about monitoring which programs are running, inciting you to link more accounts etc.

shh you are not meant to say that. this is \gee\ therefore you hate whatever doesn't fit this board

>being hurt about kys
I'm sensing babies first time on 4chins

isn't this newfag spot thing something only a newfag says to fit in? anyway there are a lot of things that hurt me, by simply staying here I didn't grow up insensitive to such things

Since IG is dead (full of faggots and everyone is moving to gaycord), what are some recommended servers and channels? I do run my own server, but I'm too busy to have the time to setup the services and maintain it in general...

So on discord you can not communicate on latin and talk about lapis niger

Yeah no shit. And a VPN isn't going to change the text information you're sending to Sup Forums. What's your point?

With a VPN, that information about which programs are running is not traced back to you, which was the point that user was bringing up by mentioning that a VPN fixes the issue with Sup Forums selling user data as well. Yes, they gather that info, but it's not tied to you. Same with Sup Forums selling your data; if you're using a VPN, it isn't tied to you.

discord is installed and run locally as a program, it can just easily fingerprint your pc. and just connecting once without configuring vpn right is enough to kill your privacy. alternatively it just scans for the nearest wifi access points, takes their mac and knows exactly where you are.

Explain exactly how it will fingerprint a PC just by running locally as a program. If you are actually taking steps to secure yourself (like everyone in this thread is claiming to do because they value their privacy and data so much), this is simply not going to happen.

>Directory structure is not enough to uniquely identify a user with a high probability
>What are mac addresses

>what is hard drive spoofing
>what is mac spoofing

InfoSec Freshman detected. I'll see you after you pass your CompTIA A+ exam next semester kiddo

I mean looking at your posts everyone would call you a newfag. Kill yourself is posted in most threads, go back 2 reddit if you can't handle a little user heat

Not the guy you were responding to, but it is completely trivial to avoid any kind of fingerprinting from locally installed programs by simply running them in a virtual machine with spoofed hardware info.

discord is for lamers

Of course it is trivial, but that wasn't the initial discussion. Discord is way more intrusive than Sup Forums.

/thread

but you are the first person saying I'm a newfag, and I'm not registered on reddit, aren't you trying too hard to give me the newfag flag? it hurts man

Nobody denied Discord is more intrusive than Sup Forums. The point was that it is trivial to protect your privacy and use Discord all the same, just like with Sup Forums.

>getting this invested into defending not being a newfag

The more posts I see like this, the more certain I am that nobody on Sup Forums has genuine grievances with the Discord software itself; they just hate the community it panders to, or are just contrarian by nature.

>getting this invested into spotting newfags

not

Riot.im is better

>fragile snowflake doesn't know about making a comedic entrance
>news at 11

>How is this feature suppose to help me develop free software?
Well, you could try developing something people need.
>inb4 gaymurs are not people

Ok guys, I admit, I use discord. But only because I am learning german and there are many channels for learners. If anyone got any IRC channels for german then I promise I dump Soycord.

So, i'm sure it'll be horribly hacky, but could mashing an IRC and mumble client into one program more or less replicate the functionality of discord?

Can u reccomend any german discord channels?

>this kills the Sup Forumstard

Why would I use a protocol with roleplaying literally built in?
IRC is for faggots.

>"Hey niggers"
>5 days no response
They're not responding because you don't even have the manners to use proper English.
Correct: "Hey, niggers."

How is that even a comparison, IRC is an open protocol and Discord is some proprietary bullshit.

It would be like comparing HTTPS with the gazillion proprietary protocols that most companies use for their meme mobile apps.

Oh...

>M̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶
Move on, illiterate gamer.

>casual racism is funny

You have to go back.

irc with a voip plugin

They hate the fact that it's easy to you. If you haven't noticed Sup Forums is a condescending cunt of a board.

Fucking ask this board its opinion on user interface

The entire appeal of discord is that it's not a complete bitch to use. IRC for all of its good points, is a complete motherfucker to just go when and talk with someone. You can tell anyone how to get on discord and they can set it up no problem, you'll be helping a normal person four weeks to get them the fucking remember how to use it IRC.

This is yet another case of "hay it has a good ui so everyone's gonna fucking use it" that Sup Forums just can't wrap it's fucking head around

>casual racism
Lol go back to pleddits

>IRC for all of its good points, is a complete motherfucker to just go when and talk with someone.

Discord collects everything you do. Read their tos.

Who cares

There's already Matrix for that which is even compatible with IRC channels.

Or I could not use a completely pointless piece of botnet designed for millennial gamerbabbies. That's also an option.

>log onto IRC
>thoughtful discussion, plenty of wit and charm
>everyone involved enjoys the chat
>we all leave better than when we entered

>log onto Discord
>meme on the loading screen
>enter a server
>it has dedicated meme/shitposting rooms
>members are braindead leeches who have nothing original to say
>links to "funny" Tweets or Facebook posts make up the vast majority of discussion
>everyone speaks like they're on Sup Forums or reddit
>most people are aggressive or otherwise overly emotional
>80% of people are gay and are happy to insert that fact into any conversation
>we all leave with complete regret over how much time was just wasted

>you said niger?
>you racist nazi fashist we have to shut you down
>what you weren't talking about (((black people)))?
>that doesn't matter you are still racist for using this word that is only negatively connotated in the us because we wuz kangz

>t.18yo

>words are racist

Wow that's an ironic sentence baka

Yep, the autistic dwellers in this board constantly hide their salt that they are no longer the only ones competent enough to manage sizable mumble/teamspeak or even IRC servers, and the people who used to suck up to them for server privs are gone.
Between these privacytards, there's likely more of them using gmail, youtube or google play services than you think. These are the same circlejerkers crossposting to reddit, and are so insecure and paranoid that in an attempt to disguise themselves from their redditor identities,they overcompensate and argue for the latest meme topic on Sup Forums while going way over their heads in terms of technological knowhow.
As you can see in this thread, none of the points made are even remotely original, and are mostly the same shit you'd see over and over again, refuted over and over again.

Non-manchildren people stopped using IRC back in the 2000s. Really, it's time to move on, that thing is fucking ancient and reflects a much simpler time when we had shitty internet speeds and web applications weren't a thing yet.

I don't know how popular is discord but there must be some alternatives out there.

YOU have to go back

Fucking nigger.

What about XMPP?

XMPP doesn't have s1ck gaming memes.

Lol this.

Yes spell check fuck something up, this is something that doesn't happen in almost every single thread on almost every single post. Try and get somebody who is tech illiterate to use IRC and tell me how fun that experiences you fucking jackass.

I had the displeasure of teaching five of my fucking friends how to use IRC. Thank Christ Skype came around I hated it explaining to them how to use IRC every couple months is somehow they fucking forget. However all my friends moved on from Skype over to discord, for some reason Skype banned me, locked my account, and everyone that I talked to with their tech support told me just make a new account. At this point in time we were looking for an alternative with the Skype because of how shitty Skype was acting for but them banning me made the move to discord almost painless and instant.

Why did you go to a gate discord server?

>guaranteed_replies.txt

shut up old man, you stupid, you talk crazy

Why are you the way that you are?

so Sup Forums?

>not using Rizon

XMPP wins.

>Riot
>"Hey niggers"
>"Hi."

Discord is a great way to get ignored by other people who are only typing to resume their gay ERP.

totallysafe.website respects your freedom and has communities that aren't shit, can you say the same about Discord?

Edgy picture

>>Discord
>>"Hey nig-
>>get banned
Fixed that for you.

more likely you are autobanned

form follows function

thrre's also slack as another alternative to irc that seems fairly popular