This is JUST STUPID

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/87402/Intel-DSL6540-Thunderbolt-3-Controller
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2k18
>All Monitors have dedicated 20W PSU instead of powering from PC's 500W+

them where the days fampachi

normies ruined it

Do you mean this 220V connector on PSUs? It is not something I've want to see, but powering monitor via HDMI/DP would be great.

>powering monitor via HDMI/DP would be great.
if only

rage bump

>144Hz
what is the point? There's very little 144Hz media out there and many games do not work properly if pushed above 60fps, even if only to 120. I bought a 144Hz recently bit aside from playing with a smooth pointer, I'm not sure what else I'm getting

1. Smooth scrolling and window moving
2. Lower input lag, vsync is 6ms instead of 16.6ms
3. Muh games

2. Lower input lag, vsync is 6ms instead of 16.6ms

that's a big bait

>i have no use for it
>therefore those shouldn't exist
respectfully kill yourself, not everybody uses his PC for watching degenerate anime and shitposting
If you can't tell the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz(not even gonna mention 240Hz) you should go see a doctor

The only games that don't work properly are shit tier engines with physics tied to framerate. I've never had any issues with any games other than fallout/elder scrolls. Even most 10-15 year old titles require only a single value change in a config file

Why? moving from USB ti PS/2 gives 20-30ms, 144Hz display with good internals gives 10-20ms, so basically it is pretty noticable

>therefore those shouldn't exist
which asshole did you pull that one out of
can you recommend anything that works well with high refresh rates?
Fallout and Elder Scrolls are the only games I really play these days, as it happens

Like I said, pretty much everything made in the last 15 years aside from bethesda's steaming shitpile work fine. The question is which games don't work, not which do.

bump

>All FHD IPS 144Hz monitors are curved
are you retarded?

Just look on newegg, it's a solid 50/50 split of curved and not curved.

Why are you so fucking retarded?

you can vsync/gsync/freesync/dicksink to 72 fps if your GPU can't handle it
also better at 60fps than 60hz monitors. I don't have games that can run static at 144fps but it's still better than having them hardcapped at 60.

Blurbusters had an article on this, the framerate of the content and the scanout speed of the monitor both contribute to input lag. So 60fps@144Hz will feel slightly better than 60fps@60Hz. Although that's not the main reason you should upgrade of course, it's just a side benefit.

USB-C might enable it, can do up to 100W

My monitor can use 70W at peak, so it would require basically all USB PD can provide. Most USB PB devices currently top out at like 36w of power.

>very little 144hz media
but you do have a slew of different framerates
25fps for PAL
30fps for NTSC
24fps for movies, animu and modern TV series
50fps and 60fps from sports and various streaming sites
Having a 144hz monitor means you can switch to the appropriate refresh rate and not have to deal with any sort of frame blending or motion interpolation.

If it ain't curved, it's probably a TN panel. Look again.

Just get a Pixio PX277 and quit being retarded.

>many games do not work properly if pushed above 60fps

Stop playing games from Bethesda you fucking redditor soyboycuck (Bethesda's game engine is hardlocked to 60FPS and the physics engine is tied to 60FPS so if you remove the lock, your game will get fucked).

Stop supporting Bethesda

That's just math:
1/60 = 16.6ms
1/144 = 6ms
This is max vsync wait time when composition enabled.

my monitor has a external psu but those are probably rare now.

You could use thunderbolt to provide both video and energy since 2015.
>40 Gbit/s speed, PCIe 3.0, HDMI 2.0, DP 1.2, USB 3.1, 100 W power delivery (compatible with USB Power Delivery) @ 18V, 5.5 A
ark.intel.com/products/87402/Intel-DSL6540-Thunderbolt-3-Controller

I played witcher 3 on my gaming rig at ~200 fps and physics were acting up, ragdolls were shooting up to the sky after every kill, all amulets/jewelry/hairs was vibrating non-stop, and weirdest of all I was unable to walk on the boats until fps dropped sub 100

if this is true, there are several reasons for it

right off the bat, fixed time step physics paired with fixed step rendering solves a lot of collision issues with animated objects

also, Unity and UE4 both support locking the rendering frames to a portion of the physics frames (30/60, for ex) (assuming you lock ue4 physics step, which you will if you want multiplayer to have remotely determinable physics)

please educate yourself before you throw around insults like that

bump