Boss threatens to fire me again

>boss threatens to fire me again
my norman cowokers complained to my boss again that my ansi c commits are incompatible with their c++11 retard shit
how is this even acceptable in 2018
my code is faster, more efficient, and safer than their fucking numale oop trash that doesnt even manage memory properly and puts direct access to critical variables
Sup Forums onegai what should i do
this is the third time this year i get called into the office, the c++fags arrived only last year and directly wanted the entire department to conform to their standards
is this even legal
help

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/2497146/is-css-turing-complete
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you can do it

Nice LARPing, faggot.

just quit desu

The fuck do you mean by "not compatible"?

ok now tell us the real reason

How can your ansi c not be compatible with their c++ bullshit?
Why the fuck ansi c and not c99?

kys

>get hired to write c++11 code
>write something else instead

Yes that'll get you fired.

You should get fired just because of your autism tbqh

nice bait

>ansi c
what year is it

Why would C code not work with C++ code? Your boss sounds like an idiot

im the real op from it is compatible but the normen are complaining that they have to rewrite some parts and adapt their function interfaces to use my stuff
ansi c used to be the standard where i work, im fine if someone uses c99 as long as its c and not c++
oop wasnt specified in the contract, the normans brought that shit to my boss when the two of them were hired right out of school last year and its been nothing but trouble since
i've been doing ansi c for two years at this company i shouldnt have to adapt to their retarded notions

tell the company that you are setting up your own business as you believe their outdated shit is just candy floss on a stick and that you intend to wipe the floor with their vanilla scented gay ass. Then storm out, turn around, and throw a brick through the window, then setup your own company

>the normans brought that shit to my boss
>my code is faster, more efficient, and safer than their fucking numale oop trash

why don't you tell that to your boss

is Ansi C even used anymore?

Yes.

C++ isn't as portable and C99 is even less portable.

You're paid to write C++.

I love every single part of it

You're an employee, you do what you're told to do. Either quit or actually make a convincing argument to your boss. You can't just say stupid shit like " muh code is fffaster".

>Sup Forums onegai what should i do
Stop being a dick and don't use reserved words in naming to break sepples compatibility?

Also why the fuck do you commit ansi c code to sepples project?

There are some differences. Like, C has a shitton design mistakes which were partly solved in C++ (not much though, most issues still remain) like string literals not being constant.

this sucks OP ..
Just let it slide, let your company code become inferior crap that will someday be completely be outsourced to pajeets..
You tried your best..

Absolutely this. You do what the boss
man asks you to.

If you think he's wrong on something, you can try to be diplomatic and convince him of your ideas.

Whining on Sup Forums is getting you nowhere, but to sounding like a man child with a victimization fetish

:(

const in C is utterly useless, and doesn't help much.

Still your C code won't compile in C++11 if you write something like this:
char * const icon1[] =
{
"16 16 8 1",
" c None s None",
". c #808080",
"X c #FFFF00",
"o c #c0c0c0",
"O c black",
"+ c #00FFFF",
"@ c #00FF00",
"# c white",
" ..... ",
" ..XXoooOO ",
" .+XXXoooooO ",
" .@++XXoooo#oO ",
" .@@+XXooo#ooO ",
".oo@@+Xoo#ooooO ",
".ooo@+.O.oooooO ",
".oooo@O#OoooooO ",
".oooo#.O.+ooooO ",
".ooo#oo#@X+oooO ",
" .o#oooo@X++oO ",
" .#ooooo@XX++O ",
" .ooooo@@XXO ",
" ..ooo@@OO ",
" ..OOO ",
" "
};

Which is valid C and valid XPM but not valid C++11 (though some outdated compilers not respecting standards like msvs10 will compile it)

where's html or php?

kek

thats a list of programming languages user, those are markup languages

>php
Most likely even lower.
>html
HTML (+ CSS) is technically a programming language, but only in theory.
It's incredibly difficult to write programs in HTML/CSS. Most CompSci graduates can't do it. It involves cyclic tag systems on top of a cellular automaton.
stackoverflow.com/questions/2497146/is-css-turing-complete

>C++11
Explain everything to your boss, if you not succeed quit.

>waaahhhhhh i dont want to work as a part of a team boo hoo
grow up, this isnt some personal project or some shit this is a workplace. if you have concerns about changes they are making to your codebase then voice them and convince them of your way. or be a soyboy and only vent your frustrations to strangers on the internet, just like the sjw's. people like you are really very similar in how self righteous and pathetic they are.

>Anime picture
>Job
I believe you

>Get told to do one thing
>Do another
If you didn't communicate that to your peers/managers it's entirely on you. Your solution might be closer to perfect than theirs but if every software company wanted to release perfect code every time they would never release anything ever, good software is created through iteration and improvement, not autistically stringent code requirements.

>commits to repo without testing the codebase
do you guys not have automated tests? what the fuck

Do what they do, if their code is shit go to your boss explain like to 4yo this trash might fly now but if they keep producing this garbage it will eventually crash and burn. Remember that argument of money is the king, nobody care about your autism but losing money is another story entirely.

Everyone says they want to follow best practices. Then you ask them if they want to pair on test driving something and suddenly it will "kill our velocity"

what the fuck where is lisp on that list? did Sup Forums meme me again???

How do you even function as a programmer in today's world and not know oop? Autism

Php is dead when node.js is asynchronous

> No Delphi/Object Pascal
Yep, chart made by someone who doesn't know shit.

>write complete and utter shit code
>thow a fit when people don't want my code

so norman invaders arrive and soon you are using a bastardized version of your former language?

this

>Checks calendar
nope, it's not 2002 anymore

Have you ever had a job before?

You do what the boss wants. If the boss gets screwed over his decision, good. Let it all go bad.

Is the project in C, or in C++?

If the project is in C++, then write valid C++. It shouldn't take too much time to make your C++ compiler stop complaining.

If the project is in a mix of C and C++, make sure your build system knows to compile your code as ANSI C, and make sure that the interface that you expose to their C++ code (your header files) provides the proper #ifdef crap. If you have C functions being called by C++, it will need something like this:
/* Around beginning of header */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

/* Around end of header */
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

Your boss is right to fire you if you aren't willing to make even the smallest changes to your own code to make it compatible with how the rest of the team is developing the project.

Extern C is the worst.

>Normans
God damn it! Will we ever leave the legacy of 1066 behind us? Will we forever be under the Norman yolk?

You make this thread every month.
Every
Fucking
Month.

At this point I hope you get fired just to stop this shit.

both languages are shit

You are even more dumb than Häzuki, good job OP.

extern "C" is perfectly reasonable when you need to use the C FFI. And it's not as if it adds a ton of code bloat...

>Sup Forums onegai what should i do
get with the program faggot
or go find a c programming job.
Yes I like C better as well.
Nobody likes a shitlord who tries to be a snowflake and thinks that he gets to use a different language at his job because he likes it better.

stop using typedef

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
... header file content here
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
guards

also there are compiler flags that warn you about code that behaves differently in C and C++, use them

Yes. If you are writing a core library that you want to be able to use on as many platforms as possible and with many language bindings, then ansi C is the best choice.

Learn an actually useful language and don't cling to the stupid shit you learn in College.

Why can't you just do your job, get paid and shut the fuck up?

this is Sup Forums where people would give up functionality and convenience for freedumbs, user

Where's COBOL?

>no assembly
>no pascal
>no FORTRAN

>I'm not doing what they're paying me to do and they're considering firing me for it. I feel so attacked you guys.
You're a fucking idiot. They're paying you to follow their standards. If they want you to code in unicode-fucking-emojies you either do it. It isn't your code. You wanna use your own standard? Do it on your own fucking projected.

Just do what those faggots are doing user. You should have voiced your concerns as soon as this was a problem, especially since you had a lot more seniority at that time.

It's too late to say something now. Just deal with it. If this makes you hate your job so much, then start looking for another job before you start considering suicide.

>this thread again

Stop writing shit code and switch to C++17 you nigger

Underrated

oh wow I didn't know this board involved so much roleplaying

nice joke user

>C
>safer than C++
kek

Convince your boss the codebase needs to be rewritten in Rust. Problem solved

there weren't enough samples

>Being this much of a cuck
They rent my time, I'll implement how I want to and if they don't like it they can fuck off and fire me, regardless of being employed I'm not a slave

>this thread again
Nice larp!