Merzbow

Ok, Sup Forums, let's be real here. I know that you like bandwagoning and pretending to like garbage like Radiohead. But what the actual fuck is this? It's just too much. You know, I can even accept the fact that people post their album 5x5 with Bottomless Pit and The Life of Pablo. I understand that "NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL RULES MY MUSIC TASTE IS SUPERIOR TO YOURS", but this is just bullshit bunch of noise that hearts my ears.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indeterminacy_(music)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2deep4you?

post your last.fm, please

I don't want to. And why would I, anyway? Haven't scrobbled anything from like 2013

0.5/10

that's what I thought

you're too stupid for this dude

Post your 3x3 or get out, pleb.

I swear it's not a fucking bait

check out merzbow with genesis p orridge - all beauty is our enemy. they kinda explain it in the lyrics

then that means you're one stupid fuck

You're just bad at listening to music.

Congrats

You posted this to get angry responses. It's b8. You shit on so many popular albums all at once, then you pick out the easiest target noise album and say "I don't get it" in more or less words. You are sucking your own dick and taking this place way too seriously if you did not post this for the (You)'s.

Like always

Explain how this album, or anything by Merzbow, is good, using specific music terminology. I dare you.

Don't get memed. Your reaction to harsh noise is normal, it is a very hard genre to get into.
The average human reaction to Swans, for example, would be similar. But you get used to things, You listen to swans and say meh this isnt that strangw but this heat is too much for me, soon you will say, i like this heat but beefheart is too much for me, and soon you will like it too, thia goes on until the harshest genres.
But this happens with every hobby, a normal person will say wtf is that to what /fa/ likes such as rick owens or yohji. In Sup Forums you basically find every hobby taken to the extreme, and if you are not used to it, you will feel alienated, but once you get into it you will love it.
Kpeaceoutbye

it's deep.

It's not generic, it has textures and complexity

It's also autistic as fuck and anyone that claims to enjoy it should be avoided and left to to rot in their mother's basement

It's not music.

Maybe, who knows. Ok, I won't shit on you, because you are a nice guy. Thanks, user.

No problem user

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indeterminacy_(music)

Also, nothing wrong with Rick Owens and Yohji Yamamoto.

Tell me, do you actually like Merzbow?

listen to his early material instead

The quality of Merzbow's output went down drastically once he got a laptop.

I can listen to it without problem and sometimes feel immersed in it, but im not a frequent merzbow listener. Also, take into account that merzbow is one of the harshest noise artists probably and the genre of noise is very wide, loscil for example is basically ambient with a bit of noise. Maybe you could try yellow swans, it's noise but much more mild and popular (not really, because merzbow has become nearly a meme nowadays)

Yes nothing wrong with rick or yohji, but i certainly wouldnt be seen wearing any of it, i prefer slp for example.

MUH_EARS_HURT_THE_THREAD.wav

Not into that "noise" music anyways.

Don't like that SLP kinda shit

>I'm 16 and I just discovered Pitchfork

I'm not an avid noise listener, but there's really nothing to "get."

I remember watching a youtube documentary on noise, and the profiled artists stated they were drawn to the genre because "anybody can do it." You could say noise is a modern continuation of the DIY punk mentality.

It's an exploratory, experimental genre with artists who like to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. I would also classify more as sound sculpture than "music."

I like it, it's nice to listen to when you have nothing to listen to.
It also feels fucking great with headphones, it makes them vibrate or something.
Also, if you don't like Merzbow, try Merzbow with Boris (Genshoo), it's AOTY

No way d00d he shit on le p4k core. He's so patrish!

itt: plebs do pleb stuff

not that guy,

Love Boris and I like Merzbows album 1930. Thx for rec,

This. This is pretty much the deal with appreciation of all art forms (from my experience).