/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMZOtHIL7QM
youtu.be/xOld-kvQYm0
youtube.com/watch?v=bWEhNppy0to
youtube.com/watch?v=-1XIrfgE0xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OfowP8q9IH8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cnammbvd0FY
soundcloud.com/yell-of-the-nations/kirei-na-kanjou-akino-arai
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why Schiit makes the best professional audiophile gear? Do they have some secret technologies?

Hi Tyll from InnerFidelity here

Just here to remind you that the HiFiMAN HE400S is the best headphone in its price range and that Sennheiser soyboys should off themselves.

haha memes xd

Audio Technica LS50iS > Shure Se215
Correct?

For me its the SHP9500S

You mean the worst?

considering how easy it is to measure frequency response on gear, why can no Magni 3 owner post them ?
plug your headphone out to your PC's microphone input and post results

Redpill me on IEMS
What are the drawbacks?
Budget 300 euros. Should I get closed back headphones instead?

IEMs are good, better than closed-back headphones at the same price. With your budget you can get the Etymotic ER4 which are some of the most neutral sounding piece of audio gear.

>What are the drawbacks?
Comfort, soundstage. In every other matter they're better than a closed at the same price point. Absolute sound isolation, higher sound quality.

It is not at all easy to accurately measure frequency response... not sure where you heard that.

>professional
There's no studio in this world that uses Schiit gear.

Are they worth it ?
In-ear, semi-open
Planar magnetic
Neodymium N50
30mm
1W RMS / 3W PEAK
> 130dB
10Hz – 50kHz
16 ohms
> 50mW

Idol Trash here.
What's your soy like, user?

Why don't you guys own the best headphones ever created?

Picture of course not related, I'm talking about the Fidelio X2.

it's actually very easy to have fairly accurate frequency response graphs.
obviously not AP-tier and there will be a margin of error, but accurate enough to prove if something like the Magni actually is colored or neutral

>I'm talking about the Fidelio X2
J'Vontae pls.

What really? thought they would sound worse. Is there an iem reccommendation chart?

Who here enjoys trampling soyboy headphones?

Found some loser HD650 owner yesterday. I demanded he give me his headphones. The cuck nearly shit himself when I demanded he hand them over. You should have seen his face, he was crying and begging me not to crush them as he had saved up a lot for those headphones. I didn't give one shit as I shattered them in front of him.

Can't wait to find a HD600 owner to do the same thing to.

good post

that's one cute boot. do you also have a matching dildo?

stop responding to him, please

t. sennheiser owner

He won't be able to answer because these are MY dc martens. And there is no dildo involved.

I really wish you guys would stop memeing about IEMs having no soundstage. Some do, some don't. It varies as much as any other type of headphones.

if you wear iems in public (like a normie) you aren't a true audiophile

IEMs are shit and cause wax impaction
It's no wonder IEM owners can listen to them, they're half deaf

I guess you own a HD600? Just the person I was looking for.

Hand them over, now.

the only way this makes sense is if you never heard a headphone with decent soundstage.

The only way this makes sense is if you never heard an IEM with decent soundstage. Give an Andromeda or U18 Tzar a spin and you'll understand.

The Trustiest of Fucks

>IEM with decent soundstage
lol

Post the best 500 euro closed headphones RIGHT now

>When the Fidelio X2s have more bass extension than the HD 600s

Best IEMs 200-400 euro?

Etymotic ER4XR.

AKG K712 PROs are the perfect balance between HD600s and X2s

meh overpriced in europ
im not buying stuff that cost less in the US

anyone here own the sony MDR-Z7?
how big is the soundstage?
how comfy are they?

There's literally nothing better at that price range. If you allow this sort of butthurt to make you steer away from etymotic then feel free to buy crappier sounding stuff. Instead of paying the eurotax you will be paying the dumbfuck tax.

Sennheiser and Schiit are also bad

Oppo PM-2 any good?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Nice cat, foot.

still no headphones

Fuck off, Iris

Will akg k712 pros get hot in the summer

do not feed the attention whore

this is the ideal Sennheiser body

Iris is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a retard, attention whore, canuck, shitposter, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him Iris and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

how many pizzanos are you eating

Not anymore than other open headphones.

Whatever you typed this post from, costs less in US than you paid for it in EU. I hope you will now live up to your word and never use this device again.

Haven't bought any for a while.
But there was a "pizza day" at work this week. So I ate pizza this week. A lot of pizza.

what kind of fatass are you, you're posting new pizzas on a daily basis

it looks like the same pizza in every pic to me also i order pizza every week doesnt make me a fatass...

It's the same pizza all the time. I ate it several months ago.
Atm drinking coffee. Black.

You're a real cutie.

>Atm drinking coffee. Black.
Drink it with some water of life.

Don't listen to people that judt kneejerk recommend Etys. Always fill out the OP form, otherwise you may end up with something delightfully neutral when you really wanted something dark or V-shaped. Same goes for Sennheiser soyboys that just recommend HD600 because they need to validate their life choices.
On topic, fill out the form. Etys are good for neutral, maybe support your Eurobros and try something from RHA if you want something more fun.

false flagging faggot.

I'm trying not to adopt the unhealthy local customs (irish coffee).

>when the x2's have a third of the detail retrieval

lmao

ER4XR are precisely for the crowds who aren't hd600 fags. They're not the limp ER4SR.

if the o2 is so good, why did they need to bring out a separate new dac that's 'better'

I thought it was all neutral, and all you'll ever need? hmmmmmmm?

>I'm trying not to adopt the unhealthy local customs (irish coffee).
A truly delightful custom to have.

What's everyone listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=EMZOtHIL7QM

Are the Sony MDR-1000X Wireless headphones worth buying? I can't afford $260 for version 2, and these are going for around $160 refurbished...

I need a sanctuary from the cacophony of pre-humans that plague my everyday commute. I'm willing to go wireless if they are lighter/cheaper/better.

rap music. im find the subbass in rap music really intense. since i've got a system that can actually handle down to 20hz i'm constantly getting blown away with every song i put on. feeling the bass curl up in my stomach and chest, feels awesome. i guess 15 inch woofers will do that. pic unrelated, my old speakers.

that album popped up my recommendations. its pretty good.

im listening to this
youtu.be/xOld-kvQYm0

the O2 is just an amp, the ODAC was replaced because of it's age it's hard/expensive to keep buying the chip so the new version is cheaper

Oi that's a nice looking cable. Mind commenting on how it affects audio quality?

youtube.com/watch?v=bWEhNppy0to

youtube.com/watch?v=-1XIrfgE0xQ

youtube.com/watch?v=OfowP8q9IH8

youtube.com/watch?v=Cnammbvd0FY
what's that cable ? I'm looking for a more aesthetically pleasing one
what's your new system ?

I've decided to order one of these. Any suggestions on what to engrave?

Talk about a limp dick bass response, amirite?

>pic related

>Mind commenting on how it affects audio quality?
sounds the as all the other cables.

Please guys, I want to be just like you... I know this is not the place to ask this. I am making a life decision here. Noise canceling headphones are the difference between me going insane and being happy in life, my last ones were stolen by a homeless person.

>are headphones that aren't HD600, the best headphones in the world, worth buying?
No.

forgot to mention it's a ve basic cable. it looks nice but it's rather stiff

soundcloud.com/yell-of-the-nations/kirei-na-kanjou-akino-arai

Consider changing bait

I've posted it several times but I seems to trigger one or two people into oblivion....

A moderate boost in subbass isn't that radical of a change, especially in a single BA setup. The Massdrop Plus is a better example of 'gimme Etys with accentuated , but not bloated, low end. Lemme get some sparkle up top too, senpai'. XR is different from the SR, but it isn't exactly night-and-day to the average listener.

this

are you retarded?

yes

user!

I own the ER4XRs and it's still a little limp. When playing it off a phone I use the bass boost off my Fiio q1 to get it to a level I'm happy with and it's still not very bassy.

Not trying to look like the college psy-borg. I am already too old for that place, don't need to be the library "helmet guy"

this explais why you want to spend money on a useless box

wow your opinion is so cool user

What? I paid no money

You stole the computer you're using?

You realize there's no point to a hard 3 band EQ when you have software parametric EQ like APO that can actually correctly fix the flaws of your headphones and add crosstalk ? Subjective 3 is a nice way to milk fools

Oh user... What do you take me for...

>Drive to EU country
>Buy my pc parts
>get the vat (20%) off everything
>supposed to pay it at the border when driving back to my country
>bribe the cop instead
>now everything is 20% off, not including sales and other discounts

Get on my level