Why is radiohead literally the only modern rock band that knows how to internet?

Why is radiohead literally the only modern rock band that knows how to internet?

associationsnow.com/2016/05/radiohead-marketing-getting-noticed-online/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's hard to fuck up your PR when you're literally one of the biggest and most well known bands in the world.

radiohead have not only been ahead of rock band marketing wise they were ahead of fucking everyone when they released kid A for free on napster.

Like how can radiohead who make progressive advent core dream funk music be better at marketing than fucking coldplay or some other top 40 pop faggots.
they can still make people hype after all these years.

even though it's the same shit as any other top 40 pop faggot

>when they released kid A for free on napster.
[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_A

At the time, the use of the internet for music promotion was not widespread, and record labels were still reliant on MTV and radio.[22] Capitol embarked on an innovative internet marketing campaign, broadcasting "blips", short films set to Kid A's music, on music channels and distributing them online.[23] The "iBlip", a Java applet, could be embedded in fan sites and allowed users to pre-order the album and stream the album in its entirety; it was used by over 1000 sites and the album was streamed more than 400,000 times.[22] The iBlip also included artwork, photos and links to pre-order the album on the online retailer Amazon. Capitol also streamed the album through Amazon, MTV.com and heavy.com, and for three days ran a promotional campaign with the peer-to-peer filesharing service Aimster, allowing users to swap iBlips and Radiohead-branded Aimster skins.[23]

In early 2000, Radiohead toured the Mediterranean, performing Kid A and Amnesiac songs for the first time.[27] By the time the title Kid A was announced in mid-2000, fans were sharing concert bootlegs on the peer-to-peer service Napster. Colin Greenwood said: "We played in Barcelona and the next day the entire performance was up on Napster. Three weeks later when we got to play in Israel the audience knew the words to all the new songs and it was wonderful."[28] Kid A was leaked online and shared via Napster three weeks before release. Asked whether he believed Napster had damaged sales, Capitol president Ray Lott likened the situation to unfounded concern about home taping in the 1980s and said: "I'm trying to sell as many Radiohead albums as possible. If I worried about what Napster would do, I wouldn't sell as many albums.''[23] Yorke said Napster "encourages enthusiasm for music in a way that the music industry has long forgotten to do."

Radiohead pretty much invented internet marketing before beyonce and top 40 faggots pretended to

Sorry I don't see where that says they released the album free on Napster.

Try again?

>Kid A was leaked online and shared via Napster three weeks before release

>pls spoonfeed me info xD

Not him, but he literally gave you a link, if you think he's bullshitting.

Also:
>By the time the title Kid A was announced in mid-2000, fans were sharing concert bootlegs on the peer-to-peer service Napster. Colin Greenwood said: "We played in Barcelona and the next day the entire performance was up on Napster. Three weeks later when we got to play in Israel the audience knew the words to all the new songs and it was wonderful."

Reading comprehension is useful. You should try it out!

>Radiohead released it

Try again
Still waiting for you to show me a citation showing that the band leaked it themselves, which is what user claimed.

Tell me more about reading comprehension though.

What the fuck are you talking about? If they were ahead of the game they would be putting their music out for pay what you want and it would be on every streaming service. They'd make their music into a meme of some sort so it advertises itself, and then they would make money the most effective way and throwing a huge awesome tour and creating dope as shit merch.

It's not a coincidence that Taylor and Kanye are so popular/rich.

>leaked
so every leak is released purposely by the artist themselves ?

>If they were ahead of the game they would be putting their music out for pay what you want
Oh like they did in 2007?

Jeez dude.
>Band plays new album before its release date
>On public shows
>They chose to do it
>Therefore, they played, knowing the risks of it (Kid A) being recorded and distributed illegally before hand.
>It paid off

Is it too hard?

>heavy.com

Holy fuck I forgot about that shit

Do they still exist

yeah, you got to be a little kid to believe the whole "oh no someone stole it and leaked it" shit musicians use to do

Performing early live versions before the album was even finished =/= leaking the album.

I don't think you were actually alive when the album came out, were you?
What leaked was the 8-track promo, not the whole album. They didn't leak it themselves, it was a fan who got ahold of the promo.

What they did do was authorize a stream of the album in its entirety with Stanley's dumb animation as a visual on MTV2. But that was alreday after the 8-track promo hit Napster. I remember watching just to hear the final two songs that hadn't leaked yet.

>>heavy.com

[Heavy]

News
Sports
Entertainment
Tech
Gaming
Shopping

Nice ad hominem! I already stated my point, you can't let that inot your head. Your issue. Keep being wrong.

>damage control

Is it true that people thought the leak was a fake album and that the real album wouldn't come out until the release date? Obviously only idiots would have thought that but I could sort of believe that people were thinking that based on the massive shift in style.

King Crimson and its offshoots have been interneting since the 90s'.