Why is no one admitting how bad it is? I think this is Radioheads first failure

Why is no one admitting how bad it is? I think this is Radioheads first failure.

Other urls found in this thread:

factmag.com/2016/05/09/radiohead-songs-a-moon-shaped-pool-true-love-waits-burn-the-witch/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I think
are the operative words in your post. people have different tastes and many of us actually enjoy the album - there's no conspiracy at play here. don't sweat it if you don't like it.

Because I do not believe you like it. It's emperors naked clothes situation.

A Poon Shaped Mule is Coldplays best album thus far

that's fine, you don't have to believe me, but i truly do love the album.

Because pitchfork drones.

I liked TLOP more, and I don't even like gospel.

>I think this is Radioheads first failure.
>this is Radioheads first failure
>Radioheads first failure
>first failure
>first
>failure

Good thing Pablo wasn't gospel

it's getting positive reception all around though, from publications and fans/non-fans alike. is it so hard to believe that people just dig the album?

DESU everyone dropped the ball this year except Bowie of all people and that's only good because he's dead

thrg are just reviewing the radiohead brand not the actual music

>just reviewing the brand not the product

welcome to modern media, enjoy having 2 tv shows, 5 "musicians" and 1 movie per season shoved down your throat

hey man dont know if this counts but I didn't want to like a moon shaped pool and then I like listened to it and decided hey that was pretty good

pretty neat

They're giving the safest reviews they can to avoid the backlash from radiohead rascals

their first failure was quite literally their first album, mate

>first faliure
>King of Limbs not a faliure

Maybe you need to get some taste before you criticise this

When everyone around you is crazy, you ever consider you might be the problem?

I don't like it, I think this is the most overrated album of the decade so far

dude, i genuinely loved present tense so much, definetly mt fav radiohead song from now on, i'ts ok if you don't liked this album, i just feel bad for you

>most overrated album of the decade so far
currents desu

I feel bad for you trying so hard to like whatever Radiohead puts out just because you can't accept that they are shit now and you got memories of them being an awesome band that you can't let go

I like currents more but yes that is overrated as hell as well

Not that user, but I don't think RH are sacrosanct or infallible as TKOL and all of Thom's solo projects have left no impression on me. In many ways I've grown out of them and I had low expectations for A Moon Shaped Pool yet I came away really enjoying it. Just hit all the right spots.

so many butthurt people trying to convince others its not good because they feel left out of the party. they dont like it and are annoyed at people who do.

if you don't like it, just accept it. losers like you trying to feel superior by shitting on a popular bands happen everyday on mu. you aren't a special snowflake, get over yourself.

it's an aiight album desu, with no expectations it's a nice surprise, I just don't get all the praise I think people just get carried away when they read Radiohead on something, desu I liked Thom Yorke solo projects more than this record

I don't give a shit about your gay Radiohead party senpai this year has been awesome and packed, enjoy your shitty album, I am genuinely glad if you get anything out of it, cheers

im with you, i thought thoms projects suck and had no expectations after the tkol flop.. i was very struck by the emotions they put on this record

That's okay, despite what Sup Forums tries to believe music taste is subjective and we all have our individual ideas and thoughts about what makes music enjoyable. Not everyone is gonna like everything.

Like I said, this album checked many of my boxes. However I can see how it could leave other people completely cold.

What's bad about it?

If the album immediately gets good reviews, that's essentially the only indicator you need it is utter tosh. If there was any depth to it, people would only understand its greatness after at least a month of listening. The rave reviews are pretty much the indicator right away it's an awful album.

Agreed senpai, I like Radiohead but this record just felt very meh for me

"Yorke has flirted with surrender before, and on A Moon Shaped Pool, that submission feels nearly complete." -- Pitchfork

Why?

I sometimes wonder how retarded you have to be to think like this

Well by this logic, then we still don't know if it's a great album or not. We won't know for another three weeks, when listeners finally understand it's greatness.

>still not knowing TKOL is Radiohead's most patrician album
Top kek my m8

In this current climate of social media and music journalism it's just not feasible to let the music fully marinate and sink in, unfortunately. Actually that's been an interesting facet to the reviews I've read of this album so far - despite the positive scores, many of the writers admit that they still haven't fully taken in the album and it won't completely reveal itself until further listens. But since the times now dictate that reviewers get their pieces out ASAP they're forced to take a leap of faith and say that they think it will hold up. I don't think that reflects poorly on the album.

It's not cohesive, burn the witch just feels misplaced there, it lacks of content for their last record being 5 years old, and I wasn't feeling the orchestrated arrangements, the production is nice sometimes but the composition it's very limited and stretched to the limits, I did like ful stop, identikit and daydreaming though

>It's not cohesive
How so? They all have a same atmosphere and sound design?
>burn the witch just feels misplaced there
See above.
>it lacks of content for their last record being 5 years old
What do you mean?
>and I wasn't feeling
Not relevant
>composition it's very limited and stretched to the limits
In what way? Chart it out.

same here bud

I just listened to it. Apart from Burn the Witch, every other track is just so bland and over produced.

>Opinion Not Relevant
there you habe the average Radiohead fan, praise everythin they do, no questions asked

My exact same feeling. I will give it another try on a couple of weeks/months/when I'll be bored.

>why don't you like Radiohead
>idk just not feelin it f.a.m.
This is why we disregard your opinion.

I'm inclined to disagree but damn those trips don't lie.

Ok, what do you like so much about the album? don't say that the emotions that thom yorke puts or that he seems so sad please

Is there a reason you forgot to address every single point I made, only focusing on
>and I wasn't feeling
>Not relevant

What would happen to Sup Forums if they were forced to admit that they have terrible taste in music?

I just can't argue with someone that thinks burn the witch and daydreaming have the same atmosphere and sound design, the debate dropped there senpai

>I just can't argue with someone that thinks burn the witch and daydreaming have the same atmosphere and sound design
How don't they? Explain it.

i'm not even a fan of the album and this is actually one of the dumbest things i've read on this board yet. are you cognitively functioning? is this bait?

What do you mean?

listen to them, are you deaf? I can't explain to you everything if you refuse to listen objectively to the record without thom yorke's dick in your mouth

I don't know about atmosphere or sound design but you're arguing that Burn the Witch feels out of place on the album then I think that's a little silly. I mean Radiohead always have a diverse set of songs. Burn the Witch works great as an album opener even though it's the only song on that album with that sound.

>le reddit loves this
>me 4chinz must h8 this!!!
since the inception of Sup Forums in moot's father's balls

the whole album is low energy

they are entirely sonically different. they are mixed and mastered differently. their instrumentals focus on different subjects and have different emotions; burn the witch focuses on discomforting and dissonant strings that are semi-malicious while daydreaming is a melancholy sound. and this is reflected in the mixing styles as well.

i'm not typing more than this bc youre probably bait

listen to them, are you deaf? I can't explain to you everything if you refuse to listen objectively to the record without chris martin's dick in your mouth

>they are mastered differently
This is why we don't take your opinions seriosuly

>I mean Radiohead always have a diverse set of songs.
Pretty much this. It's like the Electioneering or Bodysnatchers for this album. Not an all out Rock song, but more upbeat and energetic compared to a lot of the other songs.

bait as i thought lmao. done responding ttyl ily gtg :)

You're literally arguing against diversity on an album. The only criticism you're making that would matter is that they're mixed/mastered differently except they're not. You probably don't know shit about mixing and mastering. You just can't get over the songs being really different.

Do you usually listen to Nickelback and AC/DC where everything sounds the same or something?

emm ok, nice argument because I am indeed the biggest fan of coldplay ever, and I can't accept that one of their records isn't that good because I like them so much, oh no oh nonono that's you

If the whole world smells like shit, check your shoes.

Do you even know what mastering is?

It's as if you took random words and accidentally used them incorrectly, in order to seem musically intelligent.

Not him but it's not bait. You clearly don't know what you're talking about

>done responding
AKA you're too lazy to argue your shite opinions because you know you're fucking wrong.

it isn't diversity if only one song it's different on the album mah friends

Burn the Witch fits thematically imo. The whole album has this undercurrent of low-broiling anxiety and BTW just encapsulates that.

This is post-music
Real sensivity opera

Classic/10

>ful stop
>true love waits
>the present tense
>identikit
>all the same
Objectively all different sounding

They used micro-layers e multiple textures, this post-eletro rock. High energy.

I hope this meme that AMSP is bad dies off soon.

burn the witch was a much more different sound, also how can you argue with the album not being cohesive at all when you know that the record are recycled songs from the last 20 years or so, c'mon son

if this is TKOL 2.0 but TKOL is also Radiohead's most underrated then what makes this

>you know that the record are recycled songs from the last 20 years or so
[citation needed]

Because they are all arranged similarly.

Also almost all of their albums feature songs written over a great time. One Kid A song dates from The Bends, and another before Pablo Honey.

i wrote mastering out of habit/muscle memory-unintentional. regardless, assuming i didn't know what mastering was, why would that degrade my other points? the claim that they're sonically similar or identical is even more dumb than me using mastering incorrectly. like they're almost completely different.

i don't think that it's a failure it's just a sideways step as every album since the bends has built on some aspect of the previous album musically. but honestly i feel like moon shaped pool is lacklustre because its all songwriting based and contradictory to everything being used as texture like on king of limbs. i get vibes of adele when i listen to this album.

tomorrows modern boxes has all the parts of radiohead that were missing from this album, and i think is more substantial.

factmag.com/2016/05/09/radiohead-songs-a-moon-shaped-pool-true-love-waits-burn-the-witch/

I know, they did good honestly but it's still obvious that they're songs form different periods

Not really. We have the same Thom Yorke falsetto singing lyrics of the same theme, soaring over glistening string orchestration, with the typical reverb-soaked Radiohead live instrumentation that is often performed and then sampled/recreate underneath.

This continues for the whole album.

It's not stated in there.

Try again
How so?

this user is correct but he isn't saying it correctly. its not the method that they used but the whole thing has the same instrumentation lineup and feels really limited. no brass, little drum machines, little synth, bass practically absent in most mixes

Read the fucking thing, they released old songs with new arrangements because they are out of ideas, that's ok it was a decent album, I would listen to it again someday I think

not this user but the p4k review. early radiohead bootlegs of most songs. true love waits.

>they released old songs
So identikit and Ful Stop are from 20 years ago?

Still waiting for the citation for that. [citation needed]

True Love Waits mr. citation

Nice backpedaling

If they didn't release TLW before was because they're scratching the bottom of the barrel desu

>81 post

I want to believe Sup Forums is smart enough to recognize bait but they are too autistic to avoid replying.

Or maybe the song specifically deals with Thom's separation from his girlfriend for like 20 years. So now he saw the otherwise discarded song in a different light, and made sense as the closing track here, meant for her.

Right, before it was a little more upbeat and hopeful. This variation is a cold dirge.

your definition of old is debatable. perhaps if we said "previously wrote in a different session?"

ful stop and identikit were played on the 2012 tour

burn the witch was finished in 2005 played live june 24th @ berkley

true love waits was on their 2001 live ep & first played live in 1995 making it 21 years old

thom performed present tense @ lattitude 2009

holy shit thom yorke can tell future now! that's some next level shit, you know what I really like the album now that I know he has supernatural powers 10/10

What's everyone's thoughts on Identikit?

I didn't like the album in general but I liked that song a lot

>ful stop and identikit were played on the 2012 tour
Not 20 years ago, is it?
>burn the witch was finished in 2005 played live june 24th @ berkley
Not 20 years ago is it?
>thom performed present tense @ lattitude 2009
Not 20 years ago is it?

Only 3 of the 11 songs are old. The rest are new. This is an invalid criticism. Get over it.

and you have an invalid mind, so that's more or less the same don't you think?

Nice argument

I'm done senpai, I don't dislike the album that much to deal with losers like you that can't process other people's opinions so I hope you have a great time in your basement listening to Radiohead for hours and thinking that they're the best thing that happened to planet earth