Fuck this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/ubone/562d43d59f6ddcc8d63
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install waterfox

>kills all shitty, outdated, dead plugins
Big woop. If your plugin mattered, it would've been updated by now.

All plugin lives matter.

stfu, some things arent possible at the moment. But most of the important ones work. OP is just a drama queen.

lel. Just used esr on debian and synced into my account. All my addons were not compatible anymore with shit ole pre-quautum waste of MB firefox. Went back to nightly, I'm not touching this legacy trash ever again.

>try flashgot, doesn't work in 57+
>try downthemall, doesn't work in 57+
>try 3 other batch image downloader plugins, none work in 57+

>Old addons don't work with new browser.
>How is this a recent development?

No they're all gimped because the new API sucks complete ass and they are going to stay gimped because the developers think non-gimped addons are a security risk. There is no point in using firefox if I can't use tab groups. Blink based browsers are superior to Quantum in every way. When waterfox is too out of date I will switch to chromium.

>they're all gimped
Just stop. Maybe the shitty ones you use. All of my extensions work great.

I was using Ant Video Downloader on firefox for years and it was fucking GOAT, but now it is so gimped that is sucks balls and the dev seems like he's a bit pissed about how terrible the new API is.

Just because Chromium extensions suck even worse doesn't mean quantum extensions aren't gimped retard.
I use youtube-dl from the command line it's better than the video downloader addons.

How is ublock origin gimped, retard? umatrix? There are plenty more that arent gimped.

They can't block requests on internal pages or coming from other extensions anymore.

Who the fuck uses plugins?

>internal pages
Have an example or screenshot?

>other extensions
Have screenshot of what this looked like in uBO?

IE. about:addons connects to google analytics, with the legacy version the request was bloqued with the web-ext version the ui show it as blocked but the connection is made anyway.

For other addons it just show connections made by any addons at any time as if made by the current tab so you can see/block them if you want.

web-extensions can't do this anymore.

>bloqued

>tfw just uninstalled FF Quantum and installed FF 45.3 instead

The complete lack of a decent browser automation addon for Quantum was what ultimately did it.

Nothing connects when I go to about:addons
There wasnt even an attempt.

To be fair there are things possible in quantum that werent in the older versions. Like container tabs.

*blocked
not native english speaker and it's late at night.

It doesn't connect if you have "do not track" enabled, unless they've decided to remove it completely.

I don't have it enabled

>command line

Worry not, there's a gui for retards who arent good with computers.

maybe they have removed it, i'm not gonna try it myself as i have uninstalled firefox and blocked google analytics on hosts.

TabGroups is getting a replacement
uMatrix works
there's several userscript managers
vimperator has several substitutes

So you have everything relevant, your shitty theme/skin/rice that didn't get ported is irrelevant

>vimperator has several substitutes

Hacky and non reliable hotkeys that doesn't work on page loading or even worse you get stuck on internal pages.

How the fuck do you get "stuck" on internal pages? You kinda need user interaction to open any about: page

I switched to Waterfox because I got tired of waiting.

I stopped using the command line when MSDOS 5 was new. Fuck that shit.

Its easy to rice quantum with userChrome.css and userContent.css
I actually like the new look better too

they want to remove that too.

Source?

Theres a patch that lets you use legacy addons on quantum

are you actually autistic?

dumb thing crashes my graphic drivers every 10 minutes
>inb4 update them
latest release of my drivers are from 2015, I have a 8 year old card

namw?

firefox quatium broke my youtube videos
:(
and the addon's makes it sound like theres two voices and its out of sync.

made me sad.

I never imagined how much I'd fucking miss Download Statusbar.

obviously that api is not available at the moment

gist.github.com/ubone/562d43d59f6ddcc8d63 c228e3ce717e8
you don't have to- oh i see you're using windows
sucks to be you

>he doesn't use selenium

>using a plugin for batch image downloading

sry that ur tarded

You faggots are fucking pathetic. Pathetic.
You seriously expect Mozilla to keep supporting shit, old legacy (read: vulnerable) insecure XPCOM/XUL extensions forever? Christ, you’re retarded, literally retarded. If you don’t give a shit about your security then just go back to Firefox 56. Hell, go back to Firefox 3! It doesn’t matter, right?
Legacy extensions were KILLING Firefox like cancer. Every fucking FF release had to be vetted against thousands of popular, shitty add-ons. It took time, it took resources, it took manpower, manpower that could be used to, oh, I dunno, DO SOMETHING TO ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE BORWSING EXPERIENCE.
Boo fucking hoo, your animated SuperSexyHentai dickgirl new tab extension stopped working. Oh no! What’s, that? Your shitty outdated, slow, buggy awful Sup Forums X extension went kaput? WHO GIVES A FUCK. Just use the embedded extension like any normal non-autistic person. No one cares that Stylish won’t let you use futa dick as a scroll bar image anymore.
And you same idiots are the ones who come here bitching that Firefox was using 12GB of memory and 120% CPU time because your plethora of shit, unnecessary extensions were eating up 98% of that.
Fucking pathetic. Go fuck yourself. If your extensions were decent the developer would have already updated them. They’ve had 4 YEARS to migrate to the new WebExtension platform. Get over it.

I'm still on 56 and it still works perfectly.
I saw how Craptum completely castrated screengrab, open with, flash video downloader, greasemonkey, and stylish. Chrome's save session managers are all shit.
Context Menu Image Saver is also not compatible with Quantum because "muh security", and they can fuck off for it.

I don't need security jerking from dumbfuck Browser developers, i already have a 3rd party firewall developed by actual experts who aren't dumbfucks like Browser developers and are focused on their craft unlike Browser developers, which completely controls my browser from the outside and treats it whole like malware. I don't need this webextensions meme shit breaking all addons using security i don't even need as an excuse.

t. SJWfox dev

>He says as Bazzacuda still and will never be ported.
FF Quantum can't even fucking save stuff to outside the Downloads folder, it's fucking useless.
Scrollbar Anywhere replacement is fucking broken too.
Fuck off Mozilla shill.

is 4chanx that one that adds usernames so that people can have their circlejerks while pretending to be anonymous to people outside their little tugjob parade?

Nobody wants your snakeoil nu-browser because it does the opposite of improving browsing experience, as browsing and functionality is slower, uglier, and even buggier. Suck it Jimmy, your project is cancer and there is no intelligence to it.

Are you retarded?
Sup Forums X is the one that forces anonymization and filtering so butthurt username fags like yourself can sod off from our eyesight and then false flag pathetically like you are doing here.

This. No regrets. You can even change the icons so it looks like you're still running firefox.

>there's several userscript managers
All gimped in one way or another.
>TabGroups is getting a replacement
If it's like Tab Outliner on Chromium browsers, then everyone loses in this venture because that's the biggest pile of shit in existence, not by design but by webextension castration limitation.

Lack of tab grouping in FF is really a shame. Try Vivaldi, it can do that. I'm thinking about switching too, even though it's not FOSS

>They’ve had 4 YEARS to migrate to the new WebExtension platform.

4 years ago web-extensions were barely capable of doing a hello world, even now still lacks basic features and has dumb random limitations that makes devs use workarounds that are exposing information to insecure webs.

>FF Quantum can't even fucking save stuff to outside the Downloads folder, it's fucking useless.
Nigga, please.

>
>>FF Quantum can't even fucking save stuff to outside the Downloads folder, it's fucking useless.

What does she mean by this?

How to stop this from happening? Every time it's opening a new thread it's blinding.
ff58, happens with a def prof [and no hosts], how isn't anyone else complaining?
also tried
#333 bg colour for about:blank/newtab/home
starting ff with gtk dark variant

This so much, only thing i cant get used to with the new firefox.

This. Jesus fuck I was using Chromium the other day trying to find an addon to download videos/music. There are over 100 plugins with the name "video downloader" or some similar shit. At least Mozilla regulates plugins properly. Hopefully they'll filter out even more useless and duplicate addons.

It's a WE restriction and it's fucking terrible.

Newfag spotted

>amass a collection of small extensions
>not 1 of them notable on their own but as a collective they make up my browser
>Mozilla chips this away revision after revision
>left with nothing
>all browsers look and feel exactly the same today
It didn't have to be this way.

I just installed quantum, what are they must have plugins for it?

uBlock Origin is all you need.
Additionally you could install Decentraleyes and PrivacyBadger/uMatrix.

What about violentmonkey or greasemonkey?

Do you need it? I don't find those 2 useful at all and they'd just worsen the overall performance.

Power Tabs has the core functionality of Tab Groups. It is using the tab hiding feature that was added in some version of 59 (I am using Nightly) to actually hide the tabs instead of closing them.

Also, while Firefox probably doesn't steal as much data as Chrome/Chromium, it still sends shit to Google and Mozilla. These can help:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/