Never been to Sup Forums before, this is literally the first time I clicked on the board...

Never been to Sup Forums before, this is literally the first time I clicked on the board. I only come because I saw some dude say he found out most of the music he liked were meme's. So as a newfag to Sup Forums, how shit is my taste in music?

Bands I like
>Brand New
>Arcade Fire
>Taking Back Sunday
>Saosin
>The Wonder Years
>Isles and Glaciers
>Pierce the Veil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ldjbjwim4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Pierce the Veil
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

how old are you?

Go to topsters and make a top albums list. Then, report here and we can talk

their most recent album was ok i guess

Everyone here likes Brand New but you'll get mocked for literally everything else on that list.

>Everyone here likes Brand New

>Pierce the Veil
prepare for threads upon threads of crying about how bad this band is and why your opinion is wrong

I thought we all agreed that the one Taking Back Sunday album was good too.

am here, dislike brand new

>brand new

it really wasnt if youre not cognitively 13. i love how actual synthetic, purely market-inspired, generic trash is now being considered decent on Sup Forums. what a fantastic board this place has become

>Pierce the Veil
wew lad
but really even if your taste is filled with shit memes like that band who cares its your taste own up to it and just try to expand it, not remake it

what does this even mean
>brand new

>anime
gr8 b8 m8 made me reply

taking back sunday is better

they are fucking shit though

>crying about anime

*smacks lips*
*breathes in*
NOT
EMO

>my opinion is righter than yours

>being so fetally new to music that you still think musical discussion is entirely opinion based and objectivity doesn't exist

finish middle school first famster

its pretty great

youtube.com/watch?v=4ldjbjwim4k

You won't get mocked if you like Funeral/Neon Bible Arcade Fire though. Maybe by a few avant-teens and you might hear some vapid buzzwords but nothing significant.

how dare you talk about radiohead and/or animal collective like that!

i understand this is meme irony, but, be realistic. radiohead and animal collective arent in anyway NOT pop, but at least they're organic. they're made with artistic integrity and not social buzzword songs that appeal to financially viable teenage girls that think the words DONT CUT YOURSELF :( has actual depth.

i'm not saying anco or radiohead are the pinnacle of music, but have a sense of objectivity. jesus christ

hey you should join /emoe/ discord you'd fit right in :)))) !!!!

delet this

leave and don't come back

Listen to Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate and American Football's self titled. They're Sup Forums's essential emo albums.

>Listen to Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate and American Football's self titled. They're Sup Forums's essential emo albums.

Well, Satan, it means that he only appreciates albums less than six months old and never tries to consider older music

people here will lie to you, but your taste is ok.

dont listen to this fool op heres tricking you
moos essential emo albums are

taking back sunday - tell all your friends
nouns - dog album
dads - american radass

not enough My Chemical Romance

>dog album
kek

Arcade Fire are great. I have literally never heard of any of the other bands which Sup Forums is laughing about.

Seriously if you like taking back sunday you already better than 99% of the people here. me included

The elitism really shows how underage and insecure Sup Forums is.

Hey OP, Sup Forums represents the biggest faggots on this website.

When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.

Music is subjective you child.

>When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.

>all opinions are equally valid
Wow. You apply that logic all the time, user? Like if the doctor's telling you you've or cancer and it sounds like a hassle, you'd just get a second opinion from a pizza chef?

Hey OP this well intentioned fellow is about as bad as Sup Forums gets, if you can put up with him then' you'll bee fine

>taking the bait this hard

a Doctor has medical training, this is just a Cambodian color-book swapping forum.

>getting mad because your opinions are shit

>Brand New is good
>Arcade Fire is good
>Idk about Taking Back Sunday
>Anthony Green anything is good, so if you mean their first EP. I haven't heard the rest. Excited for their next.
>Don't know 'em
>Isles and Glaciers was pretty good
>Pierce the Veil? You ruined it. I kind of liked you.

OP's specifically asking Sup Forums to tell him how shit his/her taste is, though.

>>Brand New is good

I could not care less was you think desu

I kinda like Brand New when they go full on tragic angst, but I hate when they try and force that prettyboy emo #swag "rally up your best friends, we're all gonna make it!!!" P!ATD shit

Are you my girlfriend?

The Wonder Years is objectively GOAT middleschool-core

go listen to radiohead or weezer or the smashing pumpkins to start weening you off that other garbage

>brand new isn't good

>he doesn't like P!ATD

So basically I've gathered that this board is a lot like /fa/. Everyone is in a mad competition to see who can be the most hipster and obscure.

Anyway, for all the PTV hate, I'm really not even that big of a fan. Like many other bands, some of their songs do it for me, some don't.

Used to be into Silverstein also, but I'll probably get btfo for that. Recently discovered vaporwave, and I realize its a meme, but I listen to it anyway.

Pic related for another good band.

>SHAAAAAAAARE WITH MEEEEEE

Brand New has one album that is genuinely pretty good (Devil and God); the rest are nostalgia core (i.e. like them if you want but realize that they aren't objectively that good)

Another band I listen to, typically.

Circa is tite

I disagree, Deja Entendu is bretty good also.

I bet a lot of you faggots listen to trap music, am I right?

Deja has its moments but it's noticeably juvenile/unpolished

I listen to Nirvana a lot but its one of my guilty pleasures since its pretty degenerate and Kurt was a nigger loving druggy faggot.

shut up, Kurt was cool.

hipster and obscure != not liking basic bitch teenager music

fuck anime

PTV is pretty gay, my man
the rest is bretty good imo

I wish I could desu.

I listen to trap and Brand New. Fuck yoself

basic bitch teenager music? well meemed my friend. I'm not a teenager but a lot of the young kids I know bang out to ghetto trap and stoner music. All white kids too.

Guess its says a lot about our society that people that listen to music like us are considered outcasts and weirdos. Only because we don't obsess over the latest Drake song and fawn over it with iPhone emoji's.

hello grandpa

le this guys from reddit guys haha meme

uncute

Fuck Pierce the Veil. I even enjoyed Sleeping with Sirens first album.

rude.

Extremely shit senpai

if you're going to listen to that kind of music, you might as well listen to the best of its kind. pic related.

>le all art is subjective and its all equally good meme

1/10

three cheers > ibymb = the black parade > danger days desu

Serious question: are you fourteen? I like all the bands OP listed, but you sound incredibly immature. Also, there is literally nothing wrong in enjoying "hipster and obscure music" unless you act like a cunt about it.

At least try to get into idk at the drive in, hot cross, glassjaw, fugazi, page 99, snowing, at the gates

That is still pleb stuff but it would maybe possibly make you slightly less of a tasteless pleb

good taste

How does it feel knowing you missed the prime of all those bands OP? Im amazed you kids still listen to TBS.

Please. Nearly every band he listed is just as basic as trap. It just fell out of the mainstream so teenagers and undergrads are trying to draw the narrative that "no wait this 3-chord, contrived, nasally bs was actually good I swear."

Black Parade = Three Cheers > Danger Days = Conventional Weapons > Bullets (I like bullets but the other albums are just more polished and refined 2bh.)

The Black Parade is their magnum opus, it was the album they were born to make.

Danger Days was a labor of love from Gerard, he just wanted to make something enjoyable and creative to reflect how much his life has improved since his days of alcoholism.

just give him the fucking essentials guys, why does everyone have to be an autist about this

and OP just lurk more, you don't need to make a thread

>rap

ugh

you

this.

You faggots are trying to say I'm a 14 year old and suggesting I listen to nigger music.

Yeah, goyim, keep listening to rap. It wont lower your IQ at all.

agreed.