GIMP developing began in 1995

>GIMP developing began in 1995
Anyone can explain me why after 23 years the GNU's image manipulation is a trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

patents.google.com/patent/US5845008;
people.duke.edu/~ng46/collections/steg-eurion-constellation.htm).
wildsparx.com/eurionize/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First we should ask why freetards haven't managed to make a decent torrent client with 11 years of trying. After that we can move on to GIMP and Linux.

>post with no data
See my problem here?

u no liek transmission?

Fuck this program.

>go to make a square
>there's no rectangle tool
>err
>google it
>multiple threads
>guy asking how to draw a rectangle in GIMP
>Well, the program isnt meant to be used that way but
>here's a SUPER SECRET HACKER WAY to make a square
>SELECT AND FILL BRAH

Give me a fucking break.

Gimp is meant to be used as an image editor, not an image creator.

most of the time I use Krita now

official 2.9.X never

Does krita have good vector

Not a drawing program. The fact that none of you can comprehend this speaks volumes about your ability to read.

kinda contradicts the logo

nah, i would use inkscape for that, though you can move project between the two

thanks

heh

This guy is correct. GIMP is not a Photoshop competitor. Photoshop is both an image creator and an image manipulator. GIMP is more about crop tool + color adjustments. GIMP's direct competitors are the numerous mobile phone apps which offer the same functionality.

GIMP is appropriately named because it can't do much

blah blah unix philosophy blah
i for one look forward to adobe OS

bell pepper

GIMP is a Bitmap editor. Not a Vector Graphics creation too. That's Inkscape.

Gimp is ass
What I do is download photoshop free trial, use amtemu, got a free photoshop. put it on my flash drive, now i can boot photoshop in linux (using wine)

>Inkscape

Oh boy it's this thread again

freetards are literally in denial that GUIs are even thing, they want to go back to everything being CLI like in their autism desktop screenshots

>MAKE MY FREE SOFTWARE FOR WHICH I NEVER DONATE NOR PARTICIPATE IN DEVELOPMENT MYSELF BETTER

every single torrent client worth using is FOSS and even the ones that aren't rely on libtorrent.

Install krita and stop whining.

this, really

feel free to pirate ps if you don't like gimp.

Absolutely destroyed wp

>peppers

Transmission is great. It's simple, that's its best quality.

>GIMP is not a Photoshop competitor.
That's because it sucks.

>Adobe shills feel so threatened by a free replacement for their proprietary malware that they need to resort to whining and name-calling

GIMP is better than photoshop, prove me wrong

Why can't GIMP creators charge 20$ and make an actually decent Photoshop alternative, like Pixelmator?

Uses Image Manipulation Program for Drawing.

Because the neckbeard developers are too retarded to understand usability design and the importance of following design standards.

I doubt that any of the people saying Photoshop is better than GIMP actually paid for it, so what the fuck are they shilling for, utorrent?

gr8 b8 m8
Literally the only good clients are all open source

gimp is just fine if you actually know how to use it and arent a brainlet

I personally like Transmission and qBittorrent a lot

paint.net master race

We Serbs can make an innovation

Can we make it so a normal human bean can comprehend it and use it without hassle? You're asking too much friendo

The reason it's shit is literally in the name you idiot

>GIMP

Doesn't that raise some concern?

0.1 cents have been deposited into your Adobe(r) account

For digital painting and RAW image editing there are better suited FOSS alternatives. For image manipulation, GIMP works well. Whenever I need to do some retarded pics for shitposting like pic related, I just use GIMP. It's a matter of learning the program and its quirks.

>Green Is My Penis

>gimp can't draw figures
>"NOT FOR DRAWING REEEEEEE"
>gimp doesn't have a warping tool
>"NOT FOR EDITING REEEEEEEE"

It's written in C. You don't write actual software in C.

qBitTorrent, Deluge, Transmission, PicoTorrent. There isn't a single good closed source torrent for desktops.

Deluge does the work.

Why is it trash? Because you don't know how to use it?

it is not trash

You are supposed to use Krita for drawing.

>Draw whatever fucking path you want
>Stroke
How can one be this helpless

The absolute madman still isn't here, holy shit.

Maybe people aren't shilling for anything and just prefer non-shitty software.

came here to post this

>clear bait
>get lots of (You)s anyway

You did it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Inkscape, Krita, Gimp+Cmic pluging, Mypaint,Gravit Desingner Looo$er

Gimp user for 2 years until I switched over to PS bc "muh industry standard" and honestly gimp isn't a horrible tool but why do people try to compare it to PS? Gimp is 10/10 for making shitty memes or small tasks and honestly it gets the job done pretty darn well.

Krita and Mypaint is Good, Appweb pixlr.com/, Rawtherapy, UFraw

From what i've seen, GIMP's just an ancient pile of programming wank for developers to mess about with, not something for an artist to create any sort of original content with. Its users are conditioned to not complain and just deal with it and they know their feedback would fall on deaf ears. When you complain about something you get told you're *using it wrong* with baloney excuses like and Krita, by contrast, has embraced its role as a tool for artists and development has exploded in the past few years, with each new version adding things many people have actually asked for.

I didn't knew such thing existed. It seems Photoshop is using a so-called counterfeit deterrence system (CDS) made from CBCDG. Nevertheless there is a general and easy to implement banknote watermarking scheme called the Eurion (probably Euro + Orion) constellation (see paper in patents.google.com/patent/US5845008; examples in people.duke.edu/~ng46/collections/steg-eurion-constellation.htm). It is five rings and is detected from most photocopiers. Of course those rings can be added anywhere and so it can be "abused" to block copies of documents or pictures besides banknotes. As example, for PostScript documemts see wildsparx.com/eurionize/. Similar if someone finds how CDS works they can create un-editable (in PS at least) pictures.

better than nothing. where's the gimp equivalent for video editing?

>actually running a GUI torrent client on your desktop in YOOL 2018
>not seeding torrents on a real server with a datacenter fatpipe

fuckin' plebs these days

grow up kiddo

ffmpeg can do everything you need from the CLI

Kdenlive, Shotcut, DaVinciResolve

It is built by developers not by designers
Thats the problem...

>better than nothing. where's the gimp equivalent for video editing?
Piviti
OpenShot

this

Try editing a photo in Krita.
It's fucking dogshit for that.

Yes, Krita is great for drawing crap, but it's far from being a GIMP replacement.

>Gimp doesn't have a warping tool
¿Que? It's got like 6 of them.