What does Sup Forums think about these guys?

what does Sup Forums think about these guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkB9a_DR-7A
youtube.com/watch?v=ibRMmLlLz64
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>13 year old detected

Sup Forums absolutely fucking hates their guts, but I like them a lot. My concert was with them, and I listen to them when I workout.

If they could pull their shit together and making something more old-fashioned, they would really shine, but for now they're a above-average pop-rock band with a really fucking good lead

i get why mu doesnt like their newer stuff, I like it but I get the dislike for it too. But I think their older stuff is really great, idk why mu hates them so much

"Creep" is my favorite

>I listen to them when I workout.
LOL must be a shitty workout bro

gtfo normiefag

yeah because not liking a shitty pop band makes me a normie

I run 4.5 miles in 30 minutes non-stop thanks to a Muse playlist. Shit can keep you pumped for a while

lol i tried doing that but i fell because of a shoe that someone places randomly

*tips fedora*

Used to play them a lot back in highschool.

Now they've deteriorated so much they're practically irredeemable at point. T2L was shit and Drones was hilarious.

Matt's talented as fuck as a musician but is a terrible song-writer with absolutely no taste in anything. I mean look at this video for Christ sake.

youtube.com/watch?v=YkB9a_DR-7A

So epic. Post this to reddit and you'll get ALL the upboats good sir! ALL OF 'EM XD

They're a-musing

>they're practically irredeemable at point
Matt's brother was supposedly here sometime ago and said that their next album was supposed to be more old-timey.

dae le government xDDDDDDDxD xD xDD xDDD XXXD xDDDDDDD ::::::DDDDDDDD :D: :D:D: :D:D: D:D: :D:D:D:DDDDDDDD: :D:D:D :D: D:D:D:D:D:D:D FuCk Le EstbliShMent xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD XDDD XDDD :DD :--------D :DDDDDD :D: D:D:D:D: :---------DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :DDDDDDD :D:D:

Here's that screencap. More if anyone is interested

>go to reddit for making fun of this reddit band that I like

what the fuck is wrong with matt's face? looks like a bad photoshop

More like
>go to reddit for using an overused reddit-tier joke
you retard

tbf Matt did say that Drones was going to be a return to "the old days"

They're alright, a few extremely nice singles but no real stand out albums

I feel like drones did have a lot in common instrumentally at least, with absolution.

Their early stuff isn't bad at all, it just doesn't have a lot of depth. The band has a good sound, but it depends nearly completely on arpeggios and simple counterpoint between the voice and backing instruments. Harmonically they're not complex at all either. For example, the driving opening progression in new born is just going i V i III in arpeggios, and most of their harmonies are pretty similar to that, which is kind of a gimmicky progression in a lot of people's books.

Ultimately it comes down to personal taste. Simpler harmonies and styles aren't a bad thing and can be well done, like with muse, but it's going to get called plebish by people who enjoy more colorful harmonies and styles.

As for theit newer stuff, it feels like there is less original idea, and more like they're putting their own spin on contemporary clichés. For example, in the second law they just randomly have a dubstep piece that's not creative at all, and doesn't belong in the context of the album at all.

Garbo!

We can only hope. They're a pretty damn good band, they just need some direction and a swift kick in the ass to remind them that their best days were back with Absolution and OoS

Making fun of radiohead by calling them Coldplay or muse is such a Sup Forums level meme though. Not a good one but anything that gets radiohead fans to say funny self righteous things is amusing at the least

ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

i hope the producer from their older albums produces again

Talent at the cost of aesthetics. Roger Waters 2.0

I will always defend their first 4 albums, but their recent output is embarrassing.

If you can however see them live, do it, I saw them twice and they put an amazing show.

Sup Forums hates Muse?

I must be getting old, or you guys must be really bitter.

When Black Holes and Revelations came out, EVERYONE here loved Muse.The Resistance was met with a bit of, eh, resistance.

Map of the Problematique is one of my most played tracks, for the reason it's good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ibRMmLlLz64

>Map of the Problematique
GOAT track, really glad they still play it live

Fun fact: there's actual debate whether Muse plagiarized Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode when recording Map of the Problematique.

The chord progression is the same, anyone with some education on the subject can tell it. But who wants to judge it?

I wish they'd pull a Talk Talk and drop the pop sound and release a masterpiece instead.

Literally Radiohead 3.0

not really, though psycho's riff was essentially enjoy the silence

They're so frustrating for me personally because I love their early stuff and they used to be such good songwriters. But now they're just fedora-tier cringe and I'm embarrassed to admit ever liking them because of it.

OOS and Absolution were really good, TL2 and Black Holes were fun, everything else they've ever done is trying too hard.

I've never been one to care much about lyrics but fuck me "save me from the ghost of shadows before he eats my soul" is so hilariously stupid.

You mean Personal Jesus

yeah whoops

they've become a parody of themselves. their fanbase is shit too.

you mean your penis pump gets your 2 incher pumped for a while.

>We can only hope. They're a pretty damn good band, they just need Brian Eno to give them a Viva-La-Vida-tier kick up the ass
ftfy

Drones had some alright songwriting but it was produced like something from a dirgey/ MOR american teen pop-punk group from the mid-00s. I honestly think their main problem is that they need a better producer, someone with personality, and credentials more authoritative than their own. feels like at the moment they've gotten so big and ego-ish they're being allowed to run riot and no producer is telling them "that's fucking abominable, go away and make it better."

kind of a Tarantino-esque situation.

I admit, I get hard when I listen to Muse