Everybody forgot Steve Jobs ever existed

Everybody forgot Steve Jobs ever existed.

People just moved on to the next hype man, Elon Musk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2kjtQnPqq2U
youtube.com/watch?v=88mm4Lq-RlI
youtu.be/M6Oxl5dAnR0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whou?

Jobs was a hack fraud most of the time.

He was a salesman, pure and simple.

Thing is he contributed very little and he's not say much these days so he's not really missed.

Without Jobs people would still be using separate MP3 players like pic related, and our phones would still look like Blackberries.

So you are saying that he was also a salesman in atari too?

Fuck off kike

There were touch screen phones before that, it would have just delayed the smartphone craze a couple of years if Job hadn't been around.

>no one else would come up with x if y didnt invent it
wow

Dead men can't sell phones.

>Everyone
I have his biography open

Except he put IBM in the dust with personal computing as we know, helped pioneer object oriented programming, pioneered the ipod and then the smartphone

His entire life he essentially continued to set a new standard for computers.

Again, he was the architect for desktop computing as we know it.Then made it portable.

I've read the Musk biography too. He did similar for electric cars and spaceships. Jobs unarguably has had a bigger impact at this point.

Take that name off because you clearly don't know what you're talking about and have nothing to contribute.

>he contributed very little
nice reading comprehension

Bullshit

Apple copied LG Prada

Who?

>t. iToddler

I would have agreed with you a few years ago but Apple has gone so so embarrassingly downhill that it's clear he had a "real" job there.

If he were alive he would have beat the shit out of somebody for this.

PMPs and smartphones would have still existed without Jobs but they would probably look different. PMPs existed before the iPod but Jobs made the exterior design more user friendly and approachable for non-tech people. Smartphones I think would have just ended up looking like Blackberry copies and slider keyboards would still be a thing. The only reason why we have the slate form factor is because Jobs pushed it, Applefags clamored for it and they sold like hotcakes, then everybody else felt like they needed to copy the design for the sake of sales. A minority of people objected to removing the physical keyboard but were forced to just deal with it.

Meant to quote this.

Similarly, Musk did: of a part of a ship that was quoted at $200k, he said that it was no more complex than a garage door opener and he told his employee to get a price of $10k. 6 months later and after a lot of stress he got it down to $12k. He sent the memo to musk. Minutes later, Musk simply replied "Ok".

This is why he largely handles his own manufacturing. He's also known to make employees cry.

Bill Gates was known to call people 'the most stupid person on Earth' on meetings.

Basically they're all assholes. They're all big on marketing / mild improvements with outsized benefits.

Jobs has had the biggest (phrase he used) 'step-change' impact. Computing in general (from desktop to phones) would probably be a lot different and likely worse without the standard he set.

>Computing in general (from desktop to phones) would probably be a lot different and likely worse without the standard he set.
This is what subhuman brainlets actually believe.

>what is Sony Ericsson walkman

Not that anyone's reading this but here's the quote

The movie is also pretty good

He put MP3's in the mainstream, who knows if they would've hit or if phone evolution would've leapfrogged them.

Way before our time, but he was similarly the architect of the way we do desktop computing. His team coined the term 'icon' as in desktop icon. That shit didn't exist before the macintosh.

Then, when he was ousted from Apple and Microsoft was the incumbent he helped make computer programming for the masses (objects, which lead to frameworks - predone things for us to use that didn't require a massive team). Microsoft benefited from requiring a very large team to build software and wanted it to stay that way.

A lot of this was invented at Xerox PARC but Jobs is the one that made brought it to us.

youtube.com/watch?v=2kjtQnPqq2U

I look into entrepreneurs and I have an iphone 7. That's about it

I haven't forgotten Steve Jobs and it's going to take a while for me to do that. Everywhere I look I see laptops and phones that are not quite what I want. He pushed his disposable-trash-in-pretty-packaging so much it influenced other companies as well. I want a metal body laptop (prefer not aluminum) that has upgradeable parts and removable battery so I can use the same one as long as I want, not as long as Jobs wants. I also like physical keyboards on a phone because it maximises the screen area. N900 and other similar products are old and weak with small batteries by now. I can pretty much only get a touchscreen phone and just get a big enough screen so it can fit other content than just the keyboard on it. I would also want it to have Sailfish or Ubuntu on it rather that Android, but when iPhones aren't open source either it doesn't feel like a big deal for companies.

Wow that was hand wavey as fuck. Here's a better explanation from him:

"Here's an example: If I'm your laundry object, you can give me your dirty clothes and send me a message that says, "Can you get my clothes laundered, please." I happen to know where the best laundry place in San Francisco is. And I speak English, and I have dollars in my pockets. So I go out and hail a taxicab and tell the driver to take me to this place in San Francisco. I go get your clothes laundered, I jump back in the cab, I get back here. I give you your clean clothes and say, "Here are your clean clothes."

You have no idea how I did that. You have no knowledge of the laundry place. Maybe you speak French, and you can't even hail a taxi. You can't pay for one, you don't have dollars in your pocket. Yet I knew how to do all of that. And you didn't have to know any of it. All that complexity was hidden inside of me, and we were able to interact at a very high level of abstraction. That's what objects are. They encapsulate complexity, and the interfaces to that complexity are high level."

These were all far fetched dreams out of the wizards at Xerox PARC. Jobs made them the standard

Hey, if you want to suck the blokes dick then fair play to you.

I just don't think he was that important is all.

He was a showman, standing on the shoulders of others who did all the hard work.

Consider yourselves fucking saged motherfuckers.

musk > jobs

Then objectively you're wrong

African American >> Arab America

>projecting
ask anyone who steve jobs is and you'll get an answer

steve is still with us, it was a fake

At least Musk trusts in science.
He will be around a lot longer than Stevie boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=88mm4Lq-RlI

(pic related)

wtf i hate steve jobs now!

I mean, people being people is irrelevant.

Dennis Ritchie died the week before and no one said shit. There would arguably be no Apple if Ritchie didn't exist. Cry me a river.

>would still be using separate MP3 players like pic related
Are you retarded? Phones had MP3 and Java (crappy ME variant, but it was a second runtime for programs besides the primary one for OS') support and all that before that faggot came along.

Steve Jobs was an exploitative unlikable anti scientific anti freedom asshole CEO, not really much more.

Yeah Sup Forums likes to meme and be contrarian little neckbeards, but this post is correct.

That garbage phone on the left looks almost as bad as your shitty image editing skills.

Steve is dead. He would've never approved of nu-apple.

Then explain how everytime he leaves Apple, the company goes downhill in its products.

I’m watching interviews with him now. Sup Forums can hate all they want, he was an amazing man

youtu.be/M6Oxl5dAnR0

Sheeple need a leader to idolize.

very nice

The Apple-ification of things has only just begun.

If you think Teslas would have looked the way they do (especially the interior) if it wasn't for Apple, you're delusional.

His legacy will live on for a long, long time.

well in fairness:

Jobs:
Devices (Apple)
Film (Pixar)

Musk:
Vehicles (Tesla)
Aerospace (SpaceX)
Energy (I forget)
etc

musk is just more ambitious and evil genius and jobs was just a masterkike

But there is no phone to the left

>and our phones would still look like Blackberries.
But that's a good thing you mouth-breathing retard.