Where's your Pi-Hole, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

wally3k.github.io/
pi-hole.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lenovo

>implying

right here senpai

holy fuck, where do i get that blocklist?

wally3k.github.io/

>50% ads
Do you guys not use adblock software?

it's mostly non-browser dns requests like windows telemetry and the like

This

My router phones home every 60 seconds lul

ty

Worth buying a new rspi3b for this performance-wise? Or shall I dig up my old rspi1b for it?

Ive been running pihole on my raspi 1b with 512MB of ram and a single 900MHz core for almost a year. With an average of 8-10 client's I've never noticed any slow downs. It never even gets above 50% CPU. a PI3 seems way too overkill.

>using discrete hardware instead of your hosts file
kek

using 3rd-party hardware/software to block dns requests (especially windows telemetry) is far more sensible than using the hosts file on windows, retard

>he uses windows
kek

nice meme

>he's a virgin
omega lul

What is a pi-hole?

What is a google?

Sitting snugly beside my router, leeching power from it's usb port.
The very first model rpi, and it handles it like a champ. So glad I finally got it up and running. I have a new rpi ordered which I will set up at my parents house.

pi-hole.net/

Is this just for when you can't think of something to do with your SBC? You should already be able to do that with your router.

or just use one of the similar public blocking dns if you're lazy/2poor

if something is ignoring the hosts file to phone home theres no reason it won't at least failover to a built-in dns server

Literally just use uMatrix.

umatrix is only for browsers
doesnt stop these idiots' smartphones phoning home (but then neither does blocking in dns)

its a nice idea, but some sites are a pain to deal with when they ask to disable adblock

if you need a quick dns in minutes it is a good idea, even if you dont use adblock

iOS or freetard AOSP don't do that much.

On my face.

Is there any reason I shouldn't just take one of the blocklists and put it on my router?
Why do I need pihole?

Pi-Hole never worked for me. It always gave DNS errors/no internet when i set it as primary DNS in my router or PC. If i added a second server i would have internet but it didn't block anything. Back to ad guard and dns watch

those wont work. host files dont allow wildcards so changing the subdomain bypasses your blocker.

What you mean is that they don't work perfectly.

They can't really afford to change subdomains constantly, because they'll break a lot of things, so it doesn't happen that often but you still need to maintain the list for those changes.

no idea who or what a pi hole is.

That is great and all but why do you use these services then?

Why not just use some free software and an adblocker?

How effective is this compared to ublock origin and ABP like lists such as easylist?

Not as effective because it blocks on the DNS level. But it's much faster since stuff is filtered out before it hits your device. It can never be as effective as plugins like Ublock origin, but it certainly helps, and it's works for your entire network.

At my VPS

Does pihole accept easylist or is there one like pihole that accepts easylist?

I think easylist in built in out of the box. But you can add any blocking list you want.