ITT we discuss the best torrenting client available

bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524

Even with the latest "security issues", utorrent 2.2.1 still kicks ass across all platforms. Your pathetic, sorryass virgin replacements don't even come close to my chad-tier torrenting.
Give me a better alternative.
Protip; you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Transmission-qt

Get hecked

How does qBittorent fare in terms of security?

I would say its about the same level as that of utorrent. qb being a perfect mirror after all is bound to face the same security problems.

>bundled adware
dropped

Have you considered paying for software and entertainment instead of being a leech on society?

I like deluge.

>torrents are only for illegal content

Also there are a ton of stuff not sold anywhere anymore.
Many games from the 90s and early 00s are not sold anymore. Same with a lot of vintage series, movies, etc.

TL:DR - fuck off.

aria2 > btpd > rtorrent > transmission > deluge >>> qStalledMeme > uBotNet

The "security issue" only for version 3.5 ? 2.2.1 is safe ?

>across all platforms.
you only know windows don't you

Every week they fix 6 bugs to make 12 more. It's impossible to formulate some sort of average security score since the developers are so terrible it has no stable baseline. It could be unbreachable today and have remote code execution tomorrow.

So far it's only known to hit 3.5. 3.3 was tested against the 3.5 exploit and found not to work.
Whether this exploit can be modified to attack other versions is currently unknown. The server this attacks is present down to at least 1.8.5. 1.6.1 does not appear to contain it. (The 1.7 versions were trash so being present in 1.8.x means 1.6.1 would be the last remaining old uTorrent version if this is found to affect the rest. You can't go farther back because 1.6.1 was released to fix an exploit in 1.6.0)

to the fag who sent me this claiming ut 2.2.1 was compromised

read better, this doesn't afect 2.2.1

I like my RAM

Transmission is literally a million times better than your out-dated security risk.

>best torrenting client available
rtorrent

hey fellas has anyone made a predownloading .torrent program for ut 2.2.1? something that downloads the .torrent and then sends it to ut 2.2.1 via commandline.

Transmission website gets hacked about once every week. Enjoy installing literal malware.
Also, does that shit even have fine grained file priorities yet? uTorrent had them 10 years ago.

whatever. its not like im the one that is getting exploited.

deluge
open source shit niggers

also, does someone know what the client was called that was engineered by some Swiss College Kids? Was one that wouldnt upload files

Get your torrent files from a different machine, that has no torrent clients then re-add them in your device that does.

qbit/Transmission aren't exempt either. Just admit it, we are all in it together.

>Get your torrent files from a different machine, that has no torrent clients then re-add them in your device that does.
What?

>qbit/Transmission aren't exempt either. Just admit it, we are all in it together.
Well, of course, nothing is really exempt, but using unpatched software is just asking for trouble.

Anybody knows which is the newest build not affected by this?

/thread

so this what Perfection look like, what happen pass 2.2.1 did the original dev die or something

He sold out, of course.

>muh vulnerabilities
Like anyone would care to bother stealing your shithoard of ayynimu, .fag music and related collection.

You're going to have to test it yourself.

How’s Halite? I’ve never seen it talked about.

people who torrent spend a lot more money on on average on arts so jokes on you

For some reason not accepted by private trackers. Otherwise apparently kind of a neat alternative.

So what the fuck should I switch to? uTorrent 2.2.1 was just great, the others either suck or have a fucking ugly UI

I´ve been using transmission-daemon for some time, and he can get kind of derp. If you're on Windows you're limited to WebUI or 3rd party GUIs (like TransGUI).
Recently did the change to Deluge, to avoid derpness and 3rd party GUI. You have a thin client mode to connect to the Deluge daemon, also WebUI but the client is a little derp sometimes.

It's really hard to say. Every single alternative for any platform technically has tradeoffs to some things uTorrent did better.

That's not why you used patched software, you ridiculously stupid fuck.

What an idiot you are.

You can use Transmission to control the daemon.

Name 12 for each.

>You can use Transmission to control the daemon.
From Windows to my seedbox?

yes

Show me how, then.

Shit nigga, my apologies. Iff I weren't do the switch already I wil ltry it again. I will note this down.

>k*chikir*kia trying to lecture taviso about security
Sad!

What are you even doing on this board?

>not using bittornado

>not using titTtorrent 9.5.3
smfdh

biglyBT is the new shit guys

i use the transmition client . it is ligtweight and runs pretty damn fast. does evrything i need it to do.

Assuming I don't care about fancy features, is there an updated torrent client for Windows that has a good security record?
Really all I want in terms of extra features is a bandwidth scheduler.

Why do some people shit talk its Windows builds and praise its Mac branch?

>Why do some people shit talk its Windows builds and praise its Mac branch?
The same way why retards like OP still shills legacy software like uTorrent 2.2.1. To justify their insecurity towards their micropenis.

That has nothing to do with either camp.

lol. People on AshitPites and RED are already freaking out about this. What a time to be alive.

inb4 someone trashtalks utorrent again, i will post this for you to reconsider.

Fuck off!

qBittorrent is the best desktop client available. It's main rival, Deluge, is fairly stable and well-performing, but qBittorrent's more active development edges it into the primary option.

Web/remote clients however, are a different story. rtorrent and aria2 dominate in these areas.

I would usually bash utorrent and proprietary software but its the only one that has functioning socks5 proxy support.

windows builds aren't as refined but still work fine

but transmission is better than all of those for both areas

rip in shit kektorrent and all its derivatives

>look at me i'm a cuck that need no features

What does that have to do with the 2.2.1 version

Vuze is best
Fite me

I did not even know aria2 worked with torrents too. I might give it a try now.

>aria2

No GUI no deal

I don't think people realize just how shit every Windows client out there actually is compared to uT 2.2.1
The only real alternative is qB which is basically permanently broken in some form

How so? (Regarding your first line)

I don't think uToddlers realise just how deluded they are.
You even have some of them trying to lecture taviso on security & vulnerabilities.

>they don't build their own clients
>rely on shitty open source projects
>and vulnerable proprietary software
You are all like children.

literally this, switched to qbittorrent and couldn't be happier.

BiglyBT, son.

this is now an rtorrent thread.

>utorrent
>windows
Lmao, if you're using windows, being compromised by utorrent is the least of your worries. Anything not using deluge/rtorrent/qbittorrent/ktorrent deserve what they get.

qBittorrent has a similiar UI to uTorrent.

similar but shittier and not native

>using software developed by Garland
Oh no...

He's moved on from deluge though hasn't he?

my dumbass qbtorrent just doesnt seed anymore. i have hundreds of torrents in client

seems like it started after the major version update. what do i do

>updated to qB 4
that shit is unstable

Is there a real PoC that can do shit or are there only memes like "it says 'invalid request' it means UR VULNERABLE!!1!" around?

I use it and it seems fine.
I find it odd too that it's never mentioned on Sup Forums even though i found out about it through the installgentoo wiki

If I turn off net discovery in 2.2.1, then there's no vulnerability anymore?

Then what the fuck is everyone on about then?

Same, the unsung heroes are the best.

about time.
RED and PTP are getting ready to announce UT being blacklisted. noff01 will cry for days.

AB just blocked it

What do I use instead of 2.2.1 now? I don't give a fuck about bloat shit, what's the closest slim alternative out there?

guess it's about time.
any easy way to transfer the torrents ratio, date added, trackers, and tags from 2.2.1 to qb/deluge/halite?

For windows? Not really a lot of options qbit 3.X is a good option since 4.X is buggy and some trackers don't allow it, Deluge is accepted everywhere but has performance issues, Halite is lightweight but lacks some features even 2.2.1 had and again support among top trackers is spotty.

If you were on linux rtorrent is king and is better than utorrent ever was and is accepted everywhere.

llululululu

see

What version of qbit do you guys recommend? Everyone says to stay away from 4.x, but what version of 3.x am I looking at in that case?

kek, who honestly didn't see this happening?

>there's no vulnerability anymore
Not quite true. They cannot check if you did block it so it is caution.

I wonder how come qBittorrent is still so fucking ugly. Even the icon is aliased.