Cheap smartphone w/ good camera???

Any of you guys know a cheap smartphone with a good camera for pictures and videos?

Going to Japan in a few weeks.

Currently eyeing pic related. Budget could go a bit higher.

Huawei Honor 7X.

Abit too high for my budget, is it better in camera compared to pic related?

anyone?

if you only need your phone for taking photos i'd go and buy some nokia n95 off ebay or whatever or nokia lumia 720. I doubt that little samsung can do anything with its camera

Huawei P10 lite has a pretty good camera.

The cia and fbi said do not buy chinese phones.

Even cheaper phone and old DSLR

> good camera
> cheap
A MILC or DSLR can do good for not that much.

Mi A1 with Google camera installed.
Mi note 3 also has a 94 Dxomark score for still pictures but it's not so good at videos and has no rom support.

dslr cameras cost thrice or 4x of pic related, currently reading about zenfone 4 max.Anyone got opinions on this phone?

Buy an old used one you fucking idiot. A 150$ DSLR off of Ebay will produce better images than any smartphone.

its not just for images, for videos also.
Im looking for a smartphone specifically because Im needing to replace my old one. Trying to hit two birds with 1 stone here

A $50 film camera will produce images infinitely better than any smartphone in the market.

I also bought a cheap smartphone to take pics in Japan, big mistake. Temples and streets at night are something a cellphone is never going to capture as well as a camera.

Don't even bother, with a budget that is too small for a Huawei Honor 7X

they said don't buy Huawei and ZTE phones. not a blanket ban on all Chinese phones.

Wait, how can you afford to travel to Japan if you can't afford a Huawei chinkphone?

job offer

So maybe buy something really good once you receive your first paycheck. I assume it's a really good paying position if you're going to the other side of the world for it.

>hes falling for the dslr meme
I own a Pentax K30 but since I own a Galaxy S7 I dont use it anymore. The Pentax is producing slightly better pictures but if you want really great landscape pictures you need to spend much more than just 150$ on a lens, the body doesnt do shit.
The videos of the S7 are much better than what the K30 can provide. Better sound, better resolution, perfect autofocus.

OP: buy the Galaxy J7. Great phone for a great price.

If I would buy a phone just for photos and videos without a price limit I would choose the LG V30, the video capabilities are insane.

Nexus 5x, camera that can compete with phones today

I had the 5x before I bought my S7 so I know how good they are in comparison.
The S7 provides better video with faster autofocus and OIS.
The 5X on the other hand has googles HDR+ feature which means perfect exposure and perfect blue skies outside. Another advantage is the panorama mode with the 5X because the transitions between the pictures are much better with the 5X than with the S7. Therefore you can create outstanding landscape shots with the 5X.
The 5X only has two advantages compared to the S7: better fingerprint sensor and better photos. These 2 features are so important to me that I sometimes miss the 5X.
Than I remember how cheap it felt, how shaky the videos looked and how horrible the battery life was and I'm glad that I switched to the S7.

But if you want a smartphone primarily for photos - the 5X could actually be a good choice.

I have an ancient Canon EOS 350D with the kit lens and taking pictures with it is a joy when compared to any smartphone I've used. Every setting is easy to change, you can shoot RAW and the pictures are sharper and have much better dynamic range.
You can do cool shit even with an old ass cheapo camera, doubt you could take this picture with a phone

iPhone SE, lagdroids are for poor street shitter faggots

Not OP but I've considered getting the 5x but with the reported problems with battery and also boot loop I'm not sure if I can. How was your experience with the 5x?

Buy a pixel 2 xl, when you go back send it back

oh yeah, the bootloop issue I forgot!
that was actually the reason I sold it, because everyone was reporting about failure in late2016!
I dont know if anything changed in that regard..its really sad that the battery life was so poor and it had the bootloop issue because it was a stunning cheap phone for photos

If image quality is a concern then get a dedicated camera. Even a 10-15 year old compact camera will out shoot a modern smartphone. You can pic up nice compact cameras used for $20 and up on fleabay. Considering how expensive your trip blowing $100 for a decent camera shouldn't be considered spending too much.

Things to keep in mind when considering camera vs smart phone is the lens and image sensor. Smartphones have tiny lenses and sensors. They are only actually good for portraits and close up shots because of this. Cameras, even compacts have larger lenses that can shoot more then close ups and portraits. The larger lenses also allow more light for low light conditions. As for sensor size if you pick the right model many cameras made in the last 15 years will have larger image sensors then every smartphone currently on the market. In case you don't know why a larger sensor is important its because the image captured will be larger and more detailed. Pixel count is often a scam. For instance modern Samsung and Aplel phones have high pixel count but tiny sensors so not much detail can be captured except close up.
1of2

If you must have a smartphone for your camera the only real choice for quality pictures is gonna be a Nokia Lumia 1020 Windows phone. It is the king of smartphone cameras and nothing on the market touches it, not even the most modern flagship phones. Here are the 1020 camera specs:
>Carl Zeiss lens
>1/1.5-inch (2/3-inch) image sensor
>41 megapixels
>PureView image oversampling
>captures 5mp and 38mp jpgs and 38mp dng raw
>mechanical optical image stabilization
>mechanical shutter
The phone can run Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows Phone 10. Overall 8.1 is the best choice because it runs faster and as a result will take and save pictures faster. 8.1 also has the superior Nokia Maps and Drive apps available. Win 10 runs slower because bloated but does have the more modern Edge browser.

>inb4 someone nitpicks the 1020's jpg saturation
.DNG motherfucker. Do you speak it?
>inb4 lel your pic related is old. I think new Samsung and Aplel phones have bigger sensors.
Nope
>inb4 lel old shitty windows phone
This thread is about smartphone camera quality not the latest app compatibility . Even if it was a nice thing about the windows phones are they just work. They have every app built in an average consumer would need in a phone.

t. Photographer that uses a 1020 because rather deal with an old phone that has a great camera then a modern phone with a shitty camera
2of2

The FBI is also a leftist traitor mill nowadays, so you can safely ignore anything they say to do.

Used Galaxy S7

OP here, just wok up.

So alot of people are saying buy a camera instead?
ok let me rephrase the question maybe

Good smartphone with pretty decent video and picture shooting. Thinking of getting pic related now. What can you tell me about it? Again budget is about this much preferably lower to first pic related.

forgot pic related

asus zenfone 4 max

>asus zenfone 4 max
this phone looks pretty good, screen quality looks pretty bad. only flaw i see so far

>Cheap phone
>Good camera
I mean this, pick one and only one.

Galaxy s6.

a used phone with a good camera can be cheap
(S6,moto x style, lg v10,huawei p9)

Get something that supports the Google Camera HDR+ port

Looking more and more at huawei since looking for a new phone, I've slept on them the past years. They really make good intuitive phones, and their skinned android doesn't look too bad either

iPhone SE prepaid. You can get em for $150, without a doubt the best camera for a phone under $200. It's the same one they use on the 6S

Nexus 5x is great but mine just bootlooped yesterday. Don't waste your money on the chance it does it. The bootloop fix isn't working for me.

Why not just get a camera if you want it for taking photos?

second hand iphone to meet you budget

every other answer is trash.

my 6s needed a new battery and went back to my 4s and nikon d70 for a week for shits and giggles.

yeah 4s is bretty gud. id be happy to spend the rest of my life with it

S5. you can get it second hand for like 150 bucks I think. example pic taken by myself. Although I'm rocking S8+ now.

you can get an s4 for like 50 if you shop around

t-thats not a good picture user

Even a very cheap camera can produce images superior to this. Only advantage of a smartphone is not having to carry a second device. Not worth the $ honestly.

Wouldnt know. I either go cheap or expensive. Is this photo by s8+ that much better ?

>Galaxy J7
was considering this since samsung decided to not shaft my country for once and gave us the not shit model in 2017 (has 3gb RAM rather than 2gb) but the curved glass shit really puts me off