NPM bug destroys /

github.com/npm/npm/issues/19883
> the absolute state of the js ecosystem

>webshit
lmao

is this the power of npm?

Oh look. Another bigotted thread made by tech nazis who think it's cool and edgy to hate POC and women. Wow, you're all so great and edgy haha.

>Seconds since last webdev disaster: 0
@64848217
Needs more effort, no (you) for you

> the absolute state of github

Why they have to turn everything into another stupid failbook?

Oh look another subservient cuck who puts virtue signalling ahead of qualifications and quality technology.

What the fuck

what's the problem here?

think about how rare it is for any other high-profile platform to fuck up like this. even when it does happen, they will admit their faults if they are a team with integrity and humility. so not only does a massive fuckup like this happen, they act like petulant shitstains and lash out at the community. maybe now you can see why the npm community is full of dunces?

Trolling aside, the maintainers don't seem very phased by this mistake. In any serious enterprise, this would mandate an incident report to see what failed in the decision making and QA.
Such as how did they push an update that haven't been thoroughly tested beforehand.

that feature is actually warranted. before, people would just comment "+1" to an issue, which was basically spam for everyone subscribed to the thread. these reactions provide the same thing, but dont send out emails every time they occur.

Who is to blame here?

The tranny

Everyone using shitjs.

>correctMkdir
I know that I'm not the best nor smartest dev, but the fact that a lot of people use this on production truly makes me feel at least ten percentile.

All Sup Forums memes aside, I wouldn't trust someone with blue hair or nose piercings to code for me. They're obviously too busy finding their place in the world to pay attention and write a decent program.

>This destroyed 3 production servers

This is bait

common lisp, as always

Comp Sci (and science in general) has always been filled with weirdos. The problem here is that these are normies trying to be special. You can find the weirdest guys on security conferences, and most of the time they're pretty competent.

how will js devs ever recover?

True. I wasn't talking about weird people in general. Blue hair in 100% of the cases indicates that the person is insecure/needs attention, 'a normie trying to be special' as you like to call it. They only care about themselfs, don't hire them.

who tf doesnt test newly-released software in a staging environment, let alone immediately push to production? hahahaha that dumbass deserved to get his shit pushed in

Only 3 prod servers? You are like a little baby.

Then they should filter out any post with less than, say, 10 characters.

seriously how the fuck did he do this. And how he's trying to lay blame on npm to cover his ass, lol

I can think of at least a few bad, but "harmless" (at least considered as such by a lot of idiots) that could cause this.
Let's say for example that these faggots run containers with shared data volumes for either information or sockets.

Not entirely sure how this bug works, but as the previous example, it doesn't seem too far fetched that they test it on a container where the damage can be avoided, but it will still break stuff on production. It's not like we haven't seen stuff like this before.

>Blue hair in 100% of the cases indicates that the person is insecure/needs attention
I have blue hair desu i didn't do it for attention i just did it because blue is my favourite colour kek. I dont like attention it makes me uncomfortable

I HAVE BLUE HAIR LOOK AT MEEEE. I'M VERY ORIGINAL

i never claimed to be original by having blue hair did i desu. I just wanted to point out that not everyone is an attention whore

Faggot.

>I have blue hair desu
>I dont like attention
Sure buddy

you posted that you have blue hair, as if it matters.
you are an attention whore.
>look at me im an exception
no you've proven the rule.

You are bloody dense.

post boipucci

We're coming for you
BOO

fpbp