Is windows XP still usable in the 2000+18 the year of our Lord?

Is windows XP still usable in the 2000+18 the year of our Lord?

I have an old core2duo thinkpad and too much time on my hands

You can install it on computers that will never connect to the internet. If you plan on using the Thinkpad for the web as well, consider Linux or BSD.

I use it at work still. Chrome isn't available in 32 bit anymore so you'll have to use Firefox or something else if you want a up to date browser.

>old core2duo thinkpad
If it has at least 2gb of memory, just use 7.

my desktop is a pentium 4, used xp until windows 7 launched, but it wasn't as smooth as i hoped. tried some hacked iso called Tiny 7 but still wasn't good. when windows 8 launched, i tried to install it but pentium 4 doesn't have the nx bit so the installer shows an error and doesn't allow to continue. some people released another hacks to bypass the nx verification, but you are always at the mercy of any update breaking shit, plus who knows what those russians shove into your install.

been using Arch for 8 years without any issues.

>crazy talk
Do not use Arch, OP.

forgot to add windows 10 also has the nx restriction

b-but XP is so comfy...

Windows 10 runs like trash on this laptop :/ also it looks like shit. And i can't into linux, I'm too busy to fix shit all day long

Specs now

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>that stretch
Mongrel.

Install 7 64-bit and use any browser you like. Enjoy until 2020. Also if you're trying to bait with literal pictures of your desktop may god have mercy on your soul.

Don't use Windows 10

>he believes in god
>on Sup Forums

There's no God here. Just RMS.

Install whatever you have drivers for.
I use thinkpad X40 with XP for text writing/math homework/animu. Just werks. Until you open modern bloated browser and open modern bloated internet site. Old hardware, you know.
If you fear almighty hackers, you may reach security by other ways like hardware firewall on home router; don't process personal sensitive information on that machine; other basic stuff like this.

install any distro with XFCE, a easy one if you want

Jesus Christ
Why not Gentoo? it will be an enriching experience

Install the graphics driver, moron.

I use XP for my childhood Windows 9x games.

Where are ELMA, Chicken Invaders and, of course, Yeti Sports? Not enough casul 4 me.

Roller coaster tycoon is a great game

My hospital uses XP still, fuck Hungary man.

I need to expand the games collection indeed. Dosbox misses as well.

RCT and RCT2 work fine on newer versions of Windows

also look up OpenRCT2, it has multiplayer

The GoG-releases do. These rct versions come from the orginal discs and these don’t run on Windows Vista and later.

Have you tried KernelEx?

>BSD

>too much time on my hands
Literally install gentoo. You will at least learn something.