Alternative OSes are fucking stupid...

Alternative OSes are fucking stupid. The only things we need are macOS for the desktop and Ubuntu Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux for the server.
Everything else should just stop existing, it's wasted man hours on inferior code. We could get so much further if we worked together instead of shitposting something pointless like Haiku.

But MacOS is terrible, the only reason anyone uses it is because lolapple.

> Ubuntu the windows of Linux with complete botnet included
> or a Linux I have to pay for

Name a better os. Inb4 windows or systemd unaudited backdoors that is just as bad as a closed source os

Does macOS have a good tiling window manager ?

>suggesting rhel and ubuntu instead of centos and debian
brainlet.jpg

Pretty much any of them except Windows 10.

>Ubuntu Linux
>server.
Lol. RHEL and SLES masterrace

>The only things we need are macOS
stopped reading there

>The only things we need are macOS for the desktop and Ubuntu Linux or Red Hat Enterprise Linux for the server.
this is true, but on Sup Forums this is now an unpopular opinions thread, because irrational hatred of apple etc.

No, personal computers were a mistake.

>irrational hatred of apple
Maybe one day you will quit being delusional. I can respect that some people just don't care to own their wares. Please respect that others do.

>personal computers were a mistake.
but they are so great user

Debian.

Anime is great too, but it is mistake as well.

weak bait my dude

>remove symlink from under /System
>requires sudo
>try to create a new symlink under the same directory into a new location
>permission denied
>google for few hours
>disable SIP
>create link
>enable SIP again
System Integrity Protection holds my hand and won't let me create a fucking link but doesn't mind me just razing the entire folder to ground. This is somehow supposed to help against malware but I don't see how that helps if you can still remove shit from /System

>t. mactoddler subhuman

it's irrational because they just make devices. hating them is ridiculous. at best you could prefer not to use them, but that is not what Sup Forums makes threads about. OP is really saying that most of Sup Forums lacks objectivity.

anime is a stale turd compared to personal computers user.

Dude, I still use Windows XP

It just werks

It's irrational because they just make devices. worshipping them is ridiculous. at best you could prefer to use them, but that is not what mactoddlers makes threads about. OP is really saying that most of Sup Forums refuses to worship his gay fruit religion.

>it's irrational because they just make devices.
They don't make anything.

>irrational hatred of apple
i don't like being told what to do, i love to tinker with my stuff and customize it according to my needs and applel sucks at that. not to mention the price and the shitty glued hardware as well.

thistbhfam

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>fagOS
>Everything else should just stop existing, it's wasted man hours on inferior code.

Your fucking GNU is useless. Linux is an operating system on itself, unlike fucking GNU, that is just a bunch of jewish-shitcoded programs.

it's pretty much Red Hat and somewhat Debian that only mattress now. All other "distros" are just reskins.

Pulsaudio, sustemd, gnome, Linus, wayland, selinux all Redhat.

RedHat, Debian and SUSE. Other distros are joke.

Linux is unusable without Glibc

All you need is TempleOS, Kali Linux, Gentoo, and OpenBSD from what I've learnt from Sup Forums

What about void?

> he believes competition and choices are a bad thing that stifles progress

That was an old copypasta dumbass

>Linux is unusable without Glibc
Talk about retarded