I'm a cyber security guy and am visiting my family

I'm a cyber security guy and am visiting my family.

Noticed my brother in law installed new internet service here and I ran a scan of the network.

Found an IP camera system do asked my family about it. Literally I'm in the living room asking them if my dad or brother installed some kind of camera in the phone. They have no clue what I'm talking about. See the camera. Try to run a scan and can only see the mac address. Than camera disconnects and hasn't been on the network yet. Wtf!!!

Well, that's creepy af.

Sounds creepy, did you try to lookup the mac address to see what vendor it is?

Sercomm Corporation

Its a fucking IP camera. It is off the network once i was talking to my dad and my brother, they laughed and said WTF how would i know?

Its a network scan, how the fuck would there be a camera on the network in their home?

>told them you know
>they denied
>camera was turned off afterwards
you sure suck as detective

this to be honest

I'd sweep the house desu, that kind of shit freaks me out

My dad doesn't even know what an IP address is. They would not have a camera. Jesus he asks my brother to connect gum him to the Wi-Fi network.

Just curious, what makes you think it is an IP camera? I know Sercomm makes more than just IP cameras.

I saw a model number and it said camera in the network field. It isn't a broadband router that is still on the network. Been an hour now and no cameras on the network.

Did I make a mistake and the software had to make an error mentioning an IP camera on the Wi-Fi...

Im guessing you were scanning it internally with nmap? Nmap sometimes has wrong detections

No. I'm not discussing it here how I did it.

I don't know if this is a mistake but only way is if someone connected to the Wi-Fi

Why not discuss it lol

I do this stuff for work. Just find it odd that there would be a camera on the network and than 10 minutes later it is gone?

Scanning a network isnt some super classified l33t knowledge

Have you worked at a SOC?

All we do is scan and report on threats and provide analysis reports to customers

No I have not, I'm just not understanding why you cant share your scanning methods. I understand you're probably great at what you do but maybe you made an error.

I hope it was an error.

If not pops up again I'll find it

What does that have to do with not saying how you did a basic fucking scan you stupid LARPing faggot?

LARP
Here's your (you)

Reminder that unless you're doing vuln research you aren't doing security

>No. I'm not discussing it here how I did it.

Yup, you're a faggot trying to act leet.

So you are saying that you are not actually a cyber security guy but a cable monkey entrusted with "proprietary nda" (rebranded foss) tools and you have no idea what it really is?

>hey guys I did this thing but it went wrong wtf plus help me lol don't ask me how I did the thing I won't tell you k thx bai
Alright Jimmy please don't forget your helmet when leaving.

He's lying of course.

This is the reason I hate "cyber security" people. It's always a bluff with them, be humble you fucktards so you learn more.

schizo?

Is there an idiots guide on how to scan to see if there's one in your house?

just give me your ip address I'll scan it for you

If you don't know if it was a mistake, then why don't you share how you did it so someone could provide feedback?

Either you're lying, you're an elitist, or you're not confident in your methods. None of these make for a good security analyst, user

He probably used an app like Fing, lel

>I'm a cyber security guy
Stopped reading here, this is the equivalent of Sup Forums's "Femanon here", i.e., fucking bullshit.

>eminder that unless you're doing vuln research you aren't doing secu

Jesus you research autists are annoying as if security isn't a massively broad field

lol it took this guy tens of hours to research an obscure Nmap command which he doesn't want you all to find out about for free

Daily reminder that unless you're dropping off the transport at least 10 blocks, even your own rented car, and then walking for different over complicated routes to your (current) home, you're not doing cybersecurity.

Here is what happened
>a lot of ISPs repackage their routers
>router still had devices from previous owner in its routing tables
>OP is dumb
OR
>OP is a super secret top security IT pro NSA FBI CIA spy genius hacker
>RUSSIA CHINA SPAIS sneeky snek super secrit spai IP cameras into their father's home to spai on OP
>OP does a hacking using secrit SPAI HACKING GENIUS METHODS to track the sneeky IP camera through the IP tunnels
>russian chinese spai super hackers secretly hide camera when they realize OP is onto them
>OP requests aid from the dark corners of the web
>the only one that could help ...
>a force for chaos ...
>the hacker known as
>Sup Forums
Not sure which, t~b~q~h f~a~m.

OP lemme ask my dad, he totally works for Sercomm

I feel the same way. Probably is the family IT guy that downloaded kali linux and is now a mysterious, all powerful cyber security professional

>working in a SOC

"cyber security"

Please, faggot, it's not like scanning your own network is illegal. Dump the scan.

why not go fucking break it, your brother and dad are turbo faggots.

not cool

r-replying

y

hackerman