OSCP

has anyone taken or passed the OSCP certificate test? is it worth it? does it live up to the hype? i'm considering spending next summer doing the course instead of an internship bridging the gap to grad school for an MS in cybersecurity if i don't get the internship i've applied for

PAJEETD

That's cruel :(

delet Q_Q

>black soulless eyes
EL GOBLINO

I went through the course and exam about 2 years ago. It's probably the best security course/cert outside of SANS.

I would honestly encourage you to attempt to work through the labs and internship at the same time. I went through the course while working, and while grueling at times, it's definitely possible to balance the two.

thanks for the input

bump for useful thread.

Bump

do you recommend sans or oscp?

OSCP costs like 1k sans is like 7k. So are you paying or is your boss?

point taken

He's Egyptian

even worse. i hear he is a linux user and when they are alone he has been showing her how to compile the kernel from source and even write her own modules. oh the degredation.

osc certs are one of the few that actually mean something but you will have to be looking for the correct jobs where people will recognize it

at the same time, if you are not turning down internship offers you either went to a terrible school or arent trying, in which case going from BS to MA isnt going to help much

i haven't graduated yet. will probably get some after i graduate since i'm probably top of my class in csci department

what are you talking about? unless you are a freshman you should be turning down internship offers every summer... if you havent even tried you have a whole lot of other problems

not actually common for students to get approached by companies for internships. maybe you're from the past and it was different then

Let me give you the best piece of advice you're ever going to get.

There are basically two paths you can take, one is the technical route which will lead to burnout. The other is the soft skills/management side of the Coin.

The technical end is constantly changing and you will always be forced to compete with other younger, smarter and more determined people. The Managing/Soft Skill side stays relatively the same. You're just using the same tools and processes to manage the Program regardless of the technology. You are just applying the same process to whatever new technology comes along.

The Technical side might top out at 100k-200k, there is no limit to the Management/Soft Skill side.

That CERT you are considering is fucking hard. A lot harder than any 4-year degree you can get from a Uni.

DELID DIS

imagine convincing yourself that you're equals with your hubby but no one ever recognizes who you are except a very small circle of people who only know who you are because of your husband anyways

>hat you're equals with your hubby but no one

What are you suggesting he get into Project management or something? Kind of need to prove your chops in the field before you go into management more often than not.

Project MGMT, fuck no....

A position where you manage the process, CISSP/CISA/CISM kind of stuff. Technical people are a dime a dozen, people who know how to build and manage a security program are few and far between. Standards, Policies, Best Practices, etc. These CERTS at the end of the day are nothing compared to the OSCP but you tell me which one HR wants. Just look at the job boards and you will see what they are asking for.

Revisiting the OSCP Cert, this isn't University, you don't study and pass this shit. You fucking live it for years and understand it intimately. Then you sit down and take everything you know and have experienced and organize it into a weapon for battle. Then you pray....

That's his daughter

Since when did Bill get a tan?

Probably from his extensive charity work in wakanda

Kek'd harder than I should've.

MWGA

>OSCP
>Difficult

You can ace it with 90 days of lab time, you can do it within 30 if all you are doing is studying. If you found this certification hard, then you never went to any decent university or did a postgraduate degree. Then again, I don't expect Sup Forums users to be competent.

OSCE is what I would start considering hard, as that's when I had to start paying attention.