How come people with actual jobs use Ubuntu and not Fedora or Arch?

how come people with actual jobs use Ubuntu and not Fedora or Arch?

People with "actual jobs" use Apple products. Shows what they know.

Ubuntu is really user friendly and perhaps with the most "out of the box" experience.

Most jobs use windows. Except for making stuff that isn't spreadsheets and documents. When deploying important software, linux is used.

Fedora is the test field of Red Hat. People with jobs use RHEL or CentOS.
Arch Linux is only used by NEET ricers. People with jobs use Gentoo.

>People with jobs use Gentoo.
You blew the ruse with that statement.

All the infosec people I've met use Fedora.

Real life chad with money and bitches. secret robot.
> @ Work Windows 10, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2012 Core
> @ Home Ubuntu Desktop, Debian Sever, Mac Book Pro Laptop

Our company is majority Fedora with a few Ubuntu users. I knew a guy who ran his workstation on Arch, but it's not my thing.

was he stinky and fat?

Like you?

like you

He worked from his mothers basement and screeched "reeeeeeeeee" on every conference call.

just werks

t. using ubuntu at work and at home

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>When deploying important software, linux is used.
Or a mac

t. Shuttelworth
People who use Linux for their job are probably using Red Hat

It is easy to use and install along with the advantage of being less bloated than windows.

I can see the advantages of other distros like Alpine for niche uses. But the vast majority of people in work are focused on doing their job. Fine tuning a different linix distro takes up time they just don’t have. Especially when you have deadlines on other projects to meet.

Most info sec people use osx or windows. And when they need linux they use ubuntu for a vanilla like system and kali/parrot for the tools they need.

>info sec
>windows

its a common thing cuz windows just werks for them. They use vmware and ms office.

Fedora is actually used a lot in places that use RH products.

Honestly it's not that hard to lock a Windows 10 box down pajeet

Because even the most pedestrian Linux distro provides a massive advantage in programming over Windows.

If you could even call Ubuntu "pedestrian" to begin with. The only reason I don't like Ubuntu is because of the default interface.

Manjaro KDE's flavor of KDE is perfect for me out the box. Kubuntu's default key mappings are terribad and it just looks ugly.

>ovides a massive advantage in programming over Windows.
>If you could even call Ubuntu "pedestrian" to begin with. The only reason I don't like Ubuntu is because of the default interface.
>Manjaro KDE's flavor of KDE is perfect for me out the box. Kubuntu's default key mappings are terribad and it just looks ugly.

Windowsfag do all of my Python in VIM in Ubuntu

whatever you say pajeet

>manjaro xfce
>haskell, python, c
who else utterly /patrician/ here

Fedora and Arch are a pain to use.

Wut? Maybe as a production server, but for software development? Yous got to be joking, nigga.

I study M.Eng and the only OS we're allowed to use is windows. Every year some faggot comes into class with an brand spanking new 2000€ macbook and gets butt hurt because none of our engineering software works on anything but windows (7). So apple cant even boot our software and thinkpad 4chanmemers don't have the horsepower to run them.

>europeen
>cucked by industry

Can you show me free CAD/CAM software and appropriate postprocessor. Also I think to be fully free I would need free-OS CNC-lathe and mill.

lol, no. Only baby business uses mac for anything.

been using arch at work ever since asp.net core came out, everyone else is on windows. apart from the initial installation, I find arch a bit easier to use than ubuntu through pacman and systemctl

switching to macos soon, will be nice to be able to run skype for business

How can one person be this stupid? Devs and engineers buy macs because it's a unix system, and at the same time it can be used for productivity without spending 3 days installing and configuring shit.

>because it's a unix system
Unix-like

The only person I ever met that used Gentoo unironically and beyond academic interest was my software engineering teacher in university. Ha was a 55 year old virgin.

Doesn't even have ssh built in, try again apple-fag

What it has is good enough.

But keep thinking you're smarter and know better than everyone else who is doing much better than you.

Get a job fatso

My company officially supports fedora as a employee OS. So I use it on my work laptop

>how come people with actual jobs use Ubuntu and not Fedora
I have "an actual job" and I've been a long-term Ubuntu user (since ~2006), but I've finally came to the realisation that I need to ditch Ubuntu and start using Fedora because of several reasons.

Don't really hate Ubuntu though, it's a perfect OOTB Linux system and I've been using it for more than 10 years.

>Doesn't even have ssh built in
But it does you lying little cunt.

why would you use fedora and not the superior openSUSE?

Well, to be honest, Red Hat backing sounds appealing. Also, I'm somewhat familiar with RHEL and CentOS from before, so I figured that Fedora would be the least effort for me.

I really only need a suitable developer distro with relatively up-to-date packages. Ubuntu used to be this, but my personal impression is that they have become large and are starting to fill in the void where Debian used to be.

Mose people with actual jobs I know use Ubuntu for programming.
Mac has some downsides to install packets and is overpriced. In Ubuntu, everything worked just out of the box.

Arch at Home, Ubuntu at work (in a vm on alongside Windows :( )

There aren't any real alternatives unfortunately. I did a BS in ME but switched to applied mathematics for my MS and PhD. Nice I don't have to use Windows anymore, although a fair amount of colleagues do.

I like arch but using it in a workplace is a fucking horrible idea

>and is overprice
Not an issue with actual jobs. I'm , and while I use Linux on my work station, my employer had no problems with buying me an expensive MBP back when I started.

At least where I live, it's pretty customary to get a work laptop in addition to your work station.

As for installing packets, I don't really use my MBP for development, for that I have ssh and tmux.

Not him, but actually, I can confirm I use Gentoo professionally. As pentesters, most of our team uses Kali; the occasional colleague uses Arch with the BlackArch repo, and I'm using Gentoo with the Pentoo overlay.

I use ubuntu sometimes at work.
It boots quickly from the key and lets me rename the executable so I can hack the local admin account on Windows. Thats my only use for it.
Are backups are in a unix environment and i have a kali partition thats really just for show, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with nix boxes.