The only real uses and needs to run a distribution as your operating system are only good to run as servers

The only real uses and needs to run a distribution as your operating system are only good to run as servers
It's still the undeniable sad truth
Prove me wrong, Linux niggers

The only real uses and needs to run windows as your operating system are only good to play video games
Prove me wrong, windows faggots

saged.

/thread

The only real uses and needs to run MacOS as your operating system are only good to draw art
Prove me wrong, MacOS toddlers

I'm in CS, we use it daily.

What? Linux is not a desktop OS, it IS a server OS.
Shit bait.

brainlets detected

linux is a kernel.
you can add userland components and applications that fit any usage scheme. And on top of that it's faster than windows for all usage schemes if you arent a fucking idiot and break it.

>saged
>uploads an image
Are you fucking retarded?

Moonlight/Gpu passtrought/Wine-and-similar/...

ive only legitimately had to use linux once. it was for a CS class and we did all of our assignments in lisp, but the compiler the professor wanted us to use only worked on linux.

STOP COMMING TO Sup Forums. You make the same shitty thread every day.
If you don't like the culture here, fuck off.

idk I just prefer to use linux because it takes up less space and I can just fix any problems with the OS myself. I also feel like it looks nicer the majority of the time

btfo

They get the noose too.

>dev workstations
>any sort of workstations where you're providing the apps over some sort of remote desktop thing like citrix or whatever
>drones
>car entertainment systems
>satellites
>IoT stuff

I dunno man you tell me, still no games tho

sudo -insert package manager here- install node js

I'll have been working on my project for an hour before you've finally installed your .exe and dependencies retard

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fpbp
By the way, there is one fucking windows box in the house dropping wifi connection and afterwards it does not see the AP for several minutes. It does not matter what AP it is connected to.
Installed the wifi driver and unticked the energy saving option (lol) for that NIC
Wtf?

Linux is not affected.

Defend that MS shills

Linux doesn't respect me as a retard.

>mfw the M$ shills literally won't defend it, because they actually can't

>Prove me wrong, Linux niggers
I develop software for Linux. Although it would technically possible to do that on a Windows workstation, it's just way more convenient to run Linux.

Also, fpbp